IGNORED

Kane to Bayern

Super

7 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

A serial bottler!? Can I ask why?image.png.6a27bdb04752ade11676bdd3559c76cc.png

Picture  of Harry's kitchen.

Keeps his cornflakes, weetabix and frosties in these.

Q.E.D.

:)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Reefer Madness said:

This marks the end of Spurs as any kind of top team for a while

I don't see anyone waiting in the wings to step up and take his place

I disagree. Spurs need to move on. And I saw some analysis on the Athletic which nailed why he might not fit under Ange P's system:

The Athletic IRL

He'll fit in well at Bayern. As he would have done at ManUre.

1 hour ago, The Coach said:

Off to Munich today for a medical

...and some trophies

16 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

I hope he stays in the prem and breaks the PL record. Would seem daft to leave now. Bayern/German football is not what it was I’m not sure it would be a good move. Not sure how anyone can blame him, or claim him to be a bottler mind….

1. Who gives a rat's about the PL scoring record? Shearer. The all-time leading scorers are so far ahead of the likes of him (eg Greaves)

2. Bayern would smash Spurs, for starters. And maybe if the standard is 'not what it was', he'll improve it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

I'm actually glad. The disrespect from some in this country towards Bayern has been disgraceful. How on earth can Spurs to Bayern be a backward step?!

Bayern are absolute giants. How anyone can say it's a backwards step is beyond me. The only thing that club knows is winning, unlike Spurs.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

1. Who gives a rat's about the PL scoring record? Shearer. The all-time leading scorers are so far ahead of the likes of him (eg Greaves)

2. Bayern would smash Spurs, for starters. And maybe if the standard is 'not what it was', he'll improve it?

Granted on point one, and ultimately trophies are more important however I feel Kane is that good he deserves to break the record.

Of course Bayern would smash Spurs, they have been a shambles for a while now although I think Ange will start moving them in the right direction. Kane will no doubt improve Bayern but the league is weak. Yes he will win trophies but for the sake of waiting a few months he could have gone anywhere he wanted. It just seems an odd move at this stage of his career to me.

I think he will improve Bayern but it will be interesting to see if it’s enough to be a force again in the champs league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

I'm actually glad. The disrespect from some in this country towards Bayern has been disgraceful. How on earth can Spurs to Bayern be a backward step?!

Agreed.

Bayern are one of the top clubs and impeccably run too. A few of our top clubs could look on point 2 certainly.

One in the eye for Martin Samuel who implied Bayern couldn't afford him earlier in the summer but said Chelsea spend properly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

Same, glad he is going. Bayern are a huge club and I’ve said it a million times before on here, having players playing abroad at elite level football clubs only helps the national team. 

Kane will already be settled in Germany by the time the Euros come about next year over there aswell for example. Little things like that could also give England an edge in the tournament.

• Like 7

Just now, phantom said:

Remember him at Millwall, looked decent even then 

My point is, all this "one of our own" cobblers from the Spurs fans, they'd farmed him out for ages and then only played him because there was no-one else. Then refused to let the lad move to Man City a couple of years back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I disagree. Spurs need to move on. And I saw some analysis on the Athletic which nailed why he might not fit under Ange P's system:

The Athletic IRL

He'll fit in well at Bayern. As he would have done at ManUre.

...and some trophies

You don't just move on from losing your best player of the last decade

Do you honestly believe Spurs are going to challenge for a tital with the squad they have?

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

My point is, all this "one of our own" cobblers from the Spurs fans, they'd farmed him out for ages and then only played him because there was no-one else. Then refused to let the lad move to Man City a couple of years back. 

In the respect that when young players need experience it's natural for them to go on loan somewhere else 

On 10/08/2023 at 18:41, handsofclay said:

Any chance of us hijacking the deal now we have the Scott money?

That reminded me of John Candy's quote as Del Griffith in Planes, Trains and Automobiles, when he tried to pay for his motel room:

"I have 2 dollars, and a Casio."

• Haha 2