IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

4 hours ago, George Rs said:

Buzzing we’ve already played Hull twice this season! 

Connolly

Philogene       Delap        Carvalho 

That is a ridiculous attack for what is currently a midtable side, can see them making a push second half of the season, but with the amount of loans they have it would be Sheffield United v2 in the prem next season for them! 

Delap is massively overrated. Man City hoping he hits a patch and someone bungs them £10 million I reckon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Delap is massively overrated. Man City hoping he hits a patch and someone bungs them £10 million I reckon.

He’s not top PL level, which is of course what Man City want, but he’s a very tidy 20 year old at this level.

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

But also went through a spell under their previous owner when they spent nothing.

They have headroom because of this.

To get back on topic I would not be at all surprised to see Twine recalled by Burnley & end up with us now.

I doubt it they both play two different positions one left and one right with tufan down the middle ? 

53 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Used to think that. Playing well for Hull and they love him. They think he’s destined for the top. 

56 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I doubt it they both play two different positions one left and one right with tufan down the middle ? 

Just a hunch but with Tufan, Carvalho, Philogene, Traore, Connolly & Delap all there I’m not sure that they all fit in.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just a hunch but with Tufan, Carvalho, Philogene, Traore, Connolly & Delap all there I’m not sure that they all fit in.

I'd love twine but just can't see the club paying the money for him.

Twine is a player that I struggle to decipher if he's any good or not - as a top Championship player anyway. We've played against him 3 times (twice at MK and once for Hull) and other than the sharp intake of breath when he stepped up to take a free kick around the box, you've left the game not being able to pinpoint what he did. Manning did really seem to find a way of utilising him at MK and getting him shooting positions outside box, he scored some outrageous goals that season. L1/Championship have very different physical/intensity requirements though, which is where I would have question marks. I think Burnley had their pants pulled down at £4m. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dan11 said:

Twine is a player that I struggle to decipher if he's any good or not - as a top Championship player anyway. We've played against him 3 times (twice at MK and once for Hull) and other than the sharp intake of breath when he stepped up to take a free kick around the box, you've left the game not being able to pinpoint what he did. Manning did really seem to find a way of utilising him at MK and getting him shooting positions outside box, he scored some outrageous goals that season. L1/Championship have very different physical/intensity requirements though, which is where I would have question marks. I think Burnley had their pants pulled down at £4m. 

I’m not dissimilar.  Was big on him when he was on loan at Newport from Swindon…and OOC why didn’t we (City) and 23 other champ sides take that low-cost risk.  Especially when he then did well at MK.  But I have nagging doubts at the kind of fee we might need to pay now.

I’d like to see him more central, as that’s where I think if you’re gonna really know if you’re getting value for money.

If he was £2m I’d think differently….£4m I’d want more.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dan11 said:

I agree. With the Manning connection I watched out for him V Hull  and was left pretty uninspired tbh.

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

£4M is daft money. There has to be better value than that available. 

We're not going up or down this season so it might be prudent to wait until the summer rather than rush into a deal this month.   

If the price is £4m, I agree that we should not spend that.

However, I consider that we should recruit two or three now as the sixth spot in the final table appears to be wide open for one of about six or seven clubs.

So well worth getting the additional squad members in now and giving it a good go for sixth. Even if we miss it by a couple of points, it will have brought real confidence and consistency to the squad.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

£4M is daft money. There has to be better value than that available. 

We're not going up or down this season so it might be prudent to wait until the summer rather than rush into a deal this month.   

Couldn’t agree more.

This would be our 4th highest fee paid, at a time when making top six would be a real stretch.

Far more logical to spend in the summer when you don’t get pressured by the madness of the January window.

Also it is surely worth us looking outside the UK to get better value when we do?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Couldn’t agree more.

This would be our 4th highest fee paid, at a time when making top six would be a real stretch.

Far more logical to spend in the summer when you don’t get pressured by the madness of the January window.

Also it is surely worth us looking outside the UK to get better value when we do?

What is our highest out of interest?

Kalas, Diedhou, Massengo? All released for nada IIRC.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What is our highest out of interest?

Kalas, Diedhou, Massengo? All released for nada IIRC.

I think it was Kalas 8m, Fam 5m, Massengo 2m (we'll have got a few hundred thousand compo).

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Didn’t Nixon say he’d cost around 2 million? Imo he’d be worth that.

2 hours ago, Dan11 said:

He hasn’t played against us 3 times?? Only once, for Hull. 

• Like 1