IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Being pedantic, whilst 2.5 million is good buisness if true, his wages aren't going to be cheap! 

Purely just having a quick look on Google, so certainly not fact. But a few sites have his current Burnley deal to be somewhere between £3.5k - £4.6k p/w. 

Of course he would be on a better deal here, but I kind of assumed he would have been on more than that there.

Hoping this is true at £2.5m. We are desperate for players who can bring quality in the final third. Fingers crossed this lad will bring that. Manning should certainly know how to get the best out of him as well.

funny how the budget has altered though. May be that there will be a few exits in the summer (matty James?) and they are bringing this one forward to make sure we don’t miss out.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The spin will be Weimann is now off the wage bill, the Cup money if we beat West Ham but like “top ten budget & top six squad” it’s horseshit.

Why would that be spin about Weimann though? He must be one of our top earners.

Just now, Lydered said:

Purely just having a quick look on Google, so certainly not fact. But a few sites have his current Burnley deal to be somewhere between £3.5k - £4.6k p/w. 

Of course he would be on a better deal here, but I kind of assumed he would have been on more than that there.

Yea I looked too and certainly don't believe that figure to be true. Was provably earning that at MK. 10-15k easily at Burnley and then would have very likely of had a promotion wage rise written into his Burnley contract. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Genuinely interested to know what makes you believe it is 'clear we have to work harder than other clubs at the level to secure players'?

Perhaps you could elaborate a little?

As soon as we are competing with the likes of Middlesbrough for players of proven quality at the level like Aziz guess what happens? One guess!!

So, for clubs like us, we've got to get in first with better and earlier recruitment before our direct competitors see that a player has established themselves and is just what they need. If we have people on the forum spotting players two years ago that we end up paying £2.5m plus wages for that has to be addressed. If it's because the club had a different opinion at the time that's fine, if it's because they hadn't even watched the player that is bang amatuer.

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Being pedantic, whilst 2.5 million is good buisness if true, his wages aren't going to be cheap! 

Can’t have it all. Do we want to bring in quality? If so we’re going to have to spend money, we can’t just be a side made up of gems from league one.

• Like 2

Just now, KegCity said:

Can’t have it all. Do we want to bring in quality? If so we’re going to have to spend money, we can’t just be a side made up of gems from league one.

So we're not allowed to question things? I think you've been watching top much Robins TV, Aka North Korea state TV. 

A lot of work has gone into getting our squad to have wage parity and I hope we won't be upsetting the apple cart by spending big money on wages. 

4 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Why would that be spin about Weimann though? He must be one of our top earners.

Because the sums still wouldn’t add up, losing one player on say £13k a week for six months wouldn’t fund a replacement & justify an outlay of £2.5m in isolation.

Not saying it doesn’t make sense (it does) but it wouldn’t be a game changer after we were told all the budget had gone after loaning in TGH.

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

As soon as we are competing with the likes of Middlesbrough for players of proven quality at the level like Aziz guess what happens? One guess!!

So, for clubs like us, we've got to get in first with better and earlier recruitment before our direct competitors see that a player has established themselves and is just what they need. If we have people on the forum spotting players two years ago that we end up paying £2.5m plus wages for that has to be addressed. If it's because the club had a different opinion at the time that's fine, if it's because they hadn't even watched the player that is bang amatuer.

Yeah - fair enough, the first point. The history and the 'name' of quite a few clubs in this league is bound to be a bigger draw than little old Bristol City. That's where we have to be better at 'selling the dream' I guess.

Not sure this particular case is evidence we're not working hard enough though. We signed Matty James and Andy King that summer (who's connections we know obviously, so can see why), and had Scott coming through who's progress we probably didn't want to block also. Just think the club passed on him at the time probably, not that I know as much as some on here seem to suggest they do. Was it a mistake? Who knows, butterfly effect... if we sign him everything's different.

11 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Tbf mate I seen him score that goal against Ipswich for Swindon and thought yeah he’d be a good signing. I don’t have a clue when it comes to scouting.

Don’t do yourself down mate, JL on his laptop was part of the scouting team once..

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

How are people getting upset at spending 2.5 million on a player that had 20 goals/13 assists in League One was 4 mill a year ago and getting a move to the Prem. Has put up good stats in the Championship so far. I know with the benefit of hindsight we could of bought him cheaper but that applies to us and 40 other teams thar also missed the trick for a freebie. He's filling an obvious void of creativity that we've missed.

Seems like good business if it comes off.

He is not a Prem player, Prem wages, but not a Prem player. 

Fills a void for sure, a type of player we need. But we are signing him after the horse has bolted and overpaying for that too. With money that was not available a few weeks ago. Signing players from Prem clubs  for notable fees and wages that have not made it as Prem players is a road we have gone down and just spent 3 years recovering from. As a principle, we have learnt nothing. But there is no shock there, as the club continually lies, and invents new approaches on a 2/3 yearly cycle. 

As a player, Twine will improve us in certain areas, and at least provide a different option.  He did OK for Hull and is up to speed fitness-wise so can contribute from day 1.

No excuses now for not getting promotion. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So we're not allowed to question things? I think you've been watching top much Robins TV, Aka North Korea state TV. 

A lot of work has gone into getting our squad to have wage parity and I hope we won't be upsetting the apple cart by spending big money on wages. 

What are you talking about? We lack creativity, Manning has worked with Twine before and £2.5 million is a fair fee. Wages won’t be astronomical. I’m glad we’re neither sitting on the Scott money nor blowing it on overpriced signings.

Reports starting to say it’s a loan with a buy option, even better.

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

What are you talking about? We lack creativity, Manning has worked with Twine before and £2.5 million is a fair fee. Wages won’t be astronomical. I’m glad we’re neither sitting on the Scott money nor blowing it on overpriced signings.

Reports starting to say it’s a loan with a buy option, even better.

As a Premier league player, he's likely to be coming in as one of and if not our highest earners. 

Possibly a loan fee involved too? 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

As a Premier league player, he's likely to be coming in as one of and if not our highest earners. 

He’s a squad player for Burnley. Would probably be similar wages to Weimann at the most, and if he’s coming in to be our main creative player that’s fair enough.

Loan fee would be taken into account in the option to buy. There’s plenty to moan about with city but us properly investing in a creative midfielder, which we badly need, isn’t high up on the list! If it was the £5 million move that was initially quoted I’d be with you about the finances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes but guessing smaller fee for when it becomes permanent .

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea I looked too and certainly don't believe that figure to be true. Was provably earning that at MK. 10-15k easily at Burnley and then would have very likely of had a promotion wage rise written into his Burnley contract. 

Ah yeah, didn't think of any promotion contract rises/clauses/bonuses 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Yeah - fair enough, the first point. The history and the 'name' of quite a few clubs in this league is bound to be a bigger draw than little old Bristol City. That's where we have to be better at 'selling the dream' I guess.

Not sure this particular case is evidence we're not working hard enough though. We signed Matty James and Andy King that summer (who's connections we know obviously, so can see why), and had Scott coming through who's progress we probably didn't want to block also. Just think the club passed on him at the time probably, not that I know as much as some on here seem to suggest they do. Was it a mistake? Who knows, butterfly effect... if we sign him everything's different.

I don't know whether that is the case or not either tbf. We may have watched him and had valid reasons to "pass" on him at the time. The general point, though, is given we lose out more often that not in a straight competition with our "rivals" an absolutely vital function of Tinnion's job is to ensure that our recruitment is bang on point in terms of when and who we watch. We need to be better than our rivals......it's not "fair" but that's what it is and what he needs to deliver!!

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dear oh dear.

He’s been linked in this window with Luton & Brentford, so why on earth do you think Plymouth would sell him to a side in the same league?

Azaz and Cundle weren’t their players, that’s why they had no choice there.

There is absolutely no thought process behind this sort of suggestion at all.

Stop calling me Dear :) 

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Trust me you don't just question.

You seem to always spin the subject negatively.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1