IGNORED

Sound of the City! A bit rubbish!

REDOXO

I may be jumping the gun a bit as whatshisname has to bed in so to speak. But it was packed full of Alex Scott moments and interviews we have already heard vis a vis Pearson, Skuse and James. 

I’m always good with The interviews with the ladies team players and stuff, as it’s going on around the club and most of us are thrilled they are doing so well, but that was the only mildly interesting bit this week and probably went on a bit to long. 

I often shift my day around so I can hear it on the Monday at least, so perhaps I have just been spoiled with GT for as long as we remember, but for the love of god, Forever Bristol City makes that looks third rate (no disrespect meant to @headhunter et al at all there) Perhaps they should takeover the Monday evening slot on Radio Brizz. Anything but that garbage again!

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

I listened to SOTC this week and found it good.  I find Ed pretty accomplished, and he knows he’ll always lack the “football authority” of Geoff-two-zero-man, but he’ll have the likes of Gary Owers alongside him I’m sure at times too (like he did the one the week before the start of the season, when he Nige on).

I didn’t listen last week becayse Tony Wilkins was one of the fan-guests, and I find him a buffoon.

I’m glad they’re continuing with it, we were spoiled with Geoff though.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I listened to SOTC this week and found it good.  I find Ed pretty accomplished, and he knows he’ll always lack the “football authority” of Geoff-two-zero-man, but he’ll have the likes of Gary Owers alongside him I’m sure at times too (like he did the one the week before the start of the season, when he Nige on).

I didn’t listen last week becayse Tony Wilkins was one of the fan-guests, and I find him a buffoon.

I’m glad they’re continuing with it, we were spoiled with Geoff though.

Agree to disagree mate!

Without fan input it was a load of already released sound bites , interviews and archive material. You have to actually have supporters and opinions otherwise laziness creeps in! This week it was the sound of the already broadcast, plus the girl at BCFC Women!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Agree to disagree mate!

Without fan input it was a load of already released sound bites , interviews and archive material. You have to actually have supporters and opinions otherwise laziness creeps in! This week it was the sound of the already broadcast, plus the girl at BCFC Women!

Hey that’s fine.  I enjoyed it.  If fan input equals Tony Wilkins, I’d rather have the shipping forecast, or the travel news for an hour! ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hey that’s fine.  I enjoyed it.  If fan input equals Tony Wilkins, I’d rather have the shipping forecast, or the travel news for an hour! ???

I have no clue who Tony Wilkins is, but old footage is lazy and unacceptable for our only show!

Is my thought. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really do not understand why they continue to have him on. He's the self-appointed voice of Bristol City fans. 

Nothing against the fella as I'm sure he's lovely but as a contributor he offers very little. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I really do not understand why they continue to have him on. He's the self-appointed voice of Bristol City fans. 

Nothing against the fella as I'm sure he's lovely but as a contributor he offers very little. 

? I obviously need to take more notice of people’s names. 

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I may be jumping the gun a bit as whatshisname has to bed in so to speak. But it was packed full of Alex Scott moments and interviews we have already heard vis a vis Pearson, Skuse and James. 

I’m always good with The interviews with the ladies team players and stuff, as it’s going on around the club and most of us are thrilled they are doing so well, but that was the only mildly interesting bit this week and probably went on a bit to long. 

I often shift my day around so I can hear it on the Monday at least, so perhaps I have just been spoiled with GT for as long as we remember, but for the love of god, Forever Bristol City makes that looks third rate (no disrespect meant to @headhunter et al at all there) Perhaps they should takeover the Monday evening slot on Radio Brizz. Anything but that garbage again!

Let it go Geoff!

I thought it was good. To be fair Twentyman often had repeated interviews too. I don’t have a problem with that as I won’t always have managed to catch them before. If you listen on BBC sounds a bit later in the evening (or even just behind live) you can always skip through the content that doesn’t float your boat. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

We need to get you on mate.

Face for radio, voice for forums! ?

You probably noticed that Ed read out my tweet re Alex.  He’d actually DMd me too, asking if I’d call-in to chat about that game, but I didn’t see it til after the show.  Could’ve been my debut.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty crap this week also. Yes, Alex Scott is a great player and will go on to become an even greater one. But the way the show was set up this week you’d think he was the messiah.

Ed H - Give it a rest! Back to the normal format next week please!

Swindon Town fan, what can you expect... :whistle2:;)

Actually, EH is a pretty nice guy. And when you think about it, been in the job at Radio Bris for an aeon as well. In fact, there is remarkably little churn in that workplace. Staff arrive and rarely leave. 

As the OP said, it'll take a while to get going again, but I don't doubt it'll improve. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Could be worse, could be Ian 'The Trusted One' Gay ?‍♂️

Ian does actually make some decent points sometimes and is fairly intelligent.

Tony Wilkins just comes across as an absolute prat imo. Might be a lovely guy, but loves the sound of his own voice. Not even sure if he even goes to games.

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Could be worse, could be Ian 'The Trusted One' Gay ?‍♂️

Ian doesn’t get invited onto this type of show, just phones in post-match.  Ed is quite good at shutting his ramblings down too.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Tony Wilkins just comes across as an absolute prat imo. Might be a lovely guy, but loves the sound of his own voice. Not even sure if he even goes to games.

Yep, I agree.

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Ian has grown on me over the years. I disagree with a lot of what he says but he can be a decent listen. The host is dreadful though.

Judging by Tony’s tweet, I’m not sure it’s the sort of bloke you’d wanna have a pint with..

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

I think he is very much of an attention seeker. 

When we win we're heading to the Premier league, when we lose he wants to give up his season ticket. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he is very much of an attention seeker. 

When we win we're heading to the Premier league, when we lose he wants to give up his season ticket. 

Agreed. Very much of a reactionary, but judging by his Twitter that's not at all surprising.

On 15/08/2023 at 23:19, REDOXO said:

I often shift my day around so I can hear it on the Monday at least, so perhaps I have just been spoiled with GT for as long as we remember, but for the love of god, Forever Bristol City makes that looks third rate (no disrespect meant to @headhunter et al at all there) Perhaps they should takeover the Monday evening slot on Radio Brizz. 

I'll take that backhanded compliment!!

Happy to be a guest presenter and I'm sure Matt Withers of 3Peaps would be as well, but you can't please everyone .... see below

On 16/08/2023 at 11:20, Henry said:

Ian has grown on me over the years. I disagree with a lot of what he says but he can be a decent listen. The host is dreadful though.

Thanks @Henry, I guess you mean me which shows you can't please everyone. Would be good to understand what element of my approach has brought the dreadful comment

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Happy to be a guest presenter and I'm sure Matt Withers of 3Peaps would be as well, but you can't please everyone .... see below

Thanks @Henry, I guess you mean me which shows you can't please everyone. Would be good to understand what element of my approach has brought the dreadful comment

The compliment was very much on the forehand. Last weeks show on radio Brizz IMO was tripe. 

As much as I won’t listen to FBC this weekend, as I kinda know what’s coming after that, I know it will be more than comparable with a professional broadcaster playing old footage!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

I’ve given you more detailed feedback before and you didn’t appreciate it. I won’t go through it again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’ve given you more detailed feedback before and you didn’t appreciate it. I won’t go through it again. 

If I may say Henry, you're being a rather pompous ass with that remark. As a pensioner I can be forgetful - please remind me when you did and I will look it up or you can state it again on here

48 minutes ago, headhunter said:

If I may say Henry, you're being a rather pompous ass with that remark. As a pensioner I can be forgetful - please remind me when you did and I will look it up or you can state it again on here

You’ve used a personal insult then want me to help you?

Can I suggest that you don’t put yourself out online if you’re that sensitive?

• Haha 3