IGNORED

DISPLAY FOR BIRMINGHAM (H) - S25, S26 & S27 - PLEASE READ/SHARE

James

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

My "what they're doing" was a why they're doing it I suppose. I think it's pretty odd to expect people to do something if they have no idea what it is (beyond holding up a card) or why, and then deflect when people are asked.

Seems rather "exclusive" of the majority of people there to me

It’s really not that big of a deal.

I’ve been in S82 a few times with a season ticket. But I tend to move around the ground to get a different view of the game/atmosphere. If you’re a regular/ST holder then you would have noticed S82 have done plenty of displays in the past.

All City related funnily enough.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lew-T said:

It’s really not that big of a deal.

I’ve been in S82 a few times with a season ticket. But I tend to move around the ground to get a different view of the game/atmosphere. If you’re a regular/ST holder then you would have noticed S82 have done plenty of displays in the past.

All City related funnily enough.

Well loads of people have asked so clearly people are interested!

I've had a season ticket for many years, I'm well aware they do displays.

That's got nothing to do with this though - thousands of people sit/stand around there, if you expect them to join in with something specific you should at least give them a rough idea of what it is imo. That's hardly unreasonable. It's not like people are even being negative about is, they just want to know!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Well loads of people have asked so clearly people are interested!

I've had a season ticket for many years, I'm well aware they do displays.

That's got nothing to do with this though - thousands of people sit/stand around there, if you expect them to join in with something specific you should at least give them a rough idea of what it is imo. That's hardly unreasonable. It's not like people are even being negative about is, they just want to know!

Relax my man, I’m sure it’ll be fine.

25 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

My "what they're doing" was a why they're doing it I suppose. I think it's pretty odd to expect people to do something if they have no idea what it is (beyond holding up a card) or why, and then deflect when people are asked.

Seems rather "exclusive" of the majority of people there to me  

It's being difficult if people ask you what they're going to be holding up/displaying and you don't tell them imo

Apologies if that's how it's come across, as certainly not been the intent. 

I understand the logic behind the point you seem to be trying to push, however to be honest I'd interpreted the questions of 'what is it' etc to be more of an inquisitive/interested nature, rather than an "i'm not doing it unless I know all the details" one.

And as I said earlier I/we are not being deliberately ambiguous or 'superior' in not giving a detailed description of what we hope to be an effective display. We just also don't want to detract from the (intended) effect. So I'm not sure it's as an unreasonable position to take, as you seem to be making it out to be... The alternative I suppose is that we offer no indication that there is anything planned and rely on some 2000+ people noticing a piece of Red/White card next to their seat, and knowing what and when to do with it. 

I'm not aware of a 'divisive' or controversial display which has ever been organised by us, which has caused those who partake in making it a success to feel that they have been manipulated in to presenting something not reflective of their own views etc (we do have a fairly obvious common purpose, after all. Don't we?)

We can ask, as we have done, for people to help make it a success. However It is of course everyone's own prerogative, as to whether they choose to do so or not. And fingers crossed the majority opt for the former ?

Edited by James
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, James said:

I understand the logic behind the point you seem to be trying to push, however to be honest I'd interpreted the questions of 'what is it' etc to be more of an inquisitive/interested nature, rather than an "i'm not doing it unless I know all the details" one.

And as I said earlier I/we are not being deliberately ambiguous or 'superior' in not giving a detailed description of what we hope to be an effective display. We just also don't want to detract from the (intended) effect. So I'm not sure it's as an unreasonable position to take, as you seem to be making it out to be... The alternative I suppose is that we offer no indication that there is anything planned and rely on some 2000+ people noticing a piece of Red/White card next to their seat, and knowing what and when to do with it. 

I'm not aware of a 'divisive' or controversial display which has ever been organised by us, which has caused those who partake in making it a success to feel that they have been manipulated in to presenting something not reflective of their own views etc (we do have a fairly obvious common purpose, after all. Don't we?)

We can ask, as we have done, for people to help make it a success. However It is of course everyone's own prerogative, as to whether they choose to do so or not. And fingers crossed the majority opt for the former ?

I didn't mean for it to be an "I'm not doing it unless" one so sorry if that's how it came across!

I'm genuinely interested, especially as I have a new baby so might not be able to make it to the game. I hope it works well and people join in - but I still think you should let people know ahead of time personally to get them on board as much as possible.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, James said:

Hopefully the club are more supportive of this than the time they tried to create a St George cross for the game against Cardiff and it all went a bit squiffy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby girl said:

Why are people always so negative about what S82(the actual group do)? Some of these guys put a lot of time. money and effort into what they do. 

This is a perfect example of why. The group are telling people to do something, but not  telling them what it is or why 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

I'm in S25 and I'll help but I do think all this S82/Ultras c**p is overblown 

If what they do improves the atmosphere yep, I'm all for it but they've also done some really stupid stuff (stupid purile chants-please stop the Joey Bartons mother c**p, throwing stuff onto pitch, invading blocks in the Dolman) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Always red said:

If what they do improves the atmosphere yep, I'm all for it but they've also done some really stupid stuff (stupid purile chants-please stop the Joey Bartons mother c**p, throwing stuff onto pitch, invading blocks in the Dolman) 

Won't half of them be in block A ? If they've taken their cards with them it will be like a giant wordle! ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Always red said:

Thanks for your support on tomorrow's display!

Though you've also raised a common misconception which i'm glad about, as you've given me the opportunity to clarify. (Although sorry if I've misinterpreted and you were talking generally, as opposed to about S82 specifically, although may still be useful info for others!)

None of the "stupid stuff" you've detailed there, has anything to do with the (sometimes ?) organised group - Section 82.

You are referring to other people, such as yourself, who have tickets in blocks S25-27, as they enjoy being able to stand, sing etc etc. But whom wouldn't consider themselves part of S82.

As a group we try to provide a positive platform, for both fans and the team.

As a group, we are relatively small in number (less than 30) so focus our time and efforts (and money) on building on that platform, rather than the other things you've mentioned.

Edited by James
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

So you are expecting everyone in the three blocks to take part even though they don't have any idea what the display will be about.

Not very democratic is it.

Here's a positive guess.

A big thank you to Alex Scott.

Christ, Alex hasn’t died and I wouldn’t even have him anywhere near legendary status. Half decent player with alot of promise who has jumped ship at the first sniff of a premiership move which I don’t blame him for. 

• Like 1

I’m not part of S82 any more but was a founder member.

It’s odd to see people get so worked up about a card display. 

We only ever organised 1 card display before, to my knowledge. It was for when Gerry Gow sadly passed away. See below. 
It took me ages to coordinate the right colours for the right seats to ensure it looked anywhere near decent. And then an hour or so for 20 odd people to set it up. And the key to all of it was that everyone participated. 

Hopefully those complaining about not knowing what it is will ease up and just get on with it. It’s not going to be anything controversial like Celtic talking about Palestine or something! 
I’m sure whatever it is, is completely innocent and supportive. 

I honestly don’t understand why there is such negativity toward this.  

I’ll be up in the family stand with a great view and I hope it all goes well and enough people participate to not make it look like an embarrassment. If it fails and looks embarrassing because hardly anyone participates, I’d imagine the same people complaining on here will be back here saying “what a load of crap”. 

Lighten up, get involved, and make it a success. 

IMG_3775.jpeg

Edited by Harry
  • Like 15
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3

1 hour ago, Always red said:

I’m sure you’ve got loads of ideas. You should post them and others will join in ?

Alternatively I can’t wait to see you giving it your all in s25.

Great post.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We only ever organised 1 card display before, to my knowledge. It was for when Gerry Gow sadly passed away. See below. 
It took me ages to coordinate the right colours for the right seats to ensure it looked anywhere near decent. And then an hour or so for 20 odd people to set it up. And the key to all of it was that everyone participated. 

Hopefully those complaining about not knowing what it is will ease up and just get on with it. It’s not going to be anything controversial like Celtic talking about Palestine or something! 

I’ll be up in the family stand with a great view and I hope it all goes well and enough people participate to not make it look like an embarrassment. If it fails and looks embarrassing because hardly anyone participates, I’d imagine the same people complaining on here will be back here saying “what a load of crap”. 

IMG_3775.jpeg

??

I think James has been very respectful in his request for people to join in while at the same time acknowledging it is optional. Best of luck to you for tomorrow mate and don't forget that many people appreciate what you and your pals do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

IMG_3775.jpeg

Haven't seen anyone worked up about it

Have seen people asking what it will be, which is more than valid as a question to ask

• Like 2