IGNORED

DISPLAY FOR BIRMINGHAM (H) - S25, S26 & S27 - PLEASE READ/SHARE

James

49 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“This is a display that will mean a lot, to a lot of people”

Not a criticism of the display itself and the effort that has gone into it, but the above statement and the accompanying smoke and mirrors does seem a little bizarre now.

I believe it’s for a bloke called Jazz Ellis (looking at social media), looks like a image of him was held up?

IMG_1203.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Selred said:

I believe it’s for a bloke called Jazz Ellis (looking at social media), looks like a image of him was held up?

IMG_1203.jpeg

Who is/was he?

Thought the display looked decent enough.

Would have been nicer to know ahead of time though if it was in memory of someone, people around me were pretty confused.

Just now, Lewisdabaron said:

Fantastic effort by the lads in S82, for the record the chap depicted has terminal cancer, no wonder they wanted it to be a suprise for him.

A big well done to all those involved & shame on those who cant bear to be ITK & shout others down. 

Thanks with a bit of explanation for those in other stands it makes more sense, well done ?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All I saw from the Lansdown was red and white squares and a a banner that said “We are fighters”  Wtf was all that about?

That we are fighters banner has been out multiple times before today, 

Pisano while he was still a player with us he made a video for fans and said “we are fighters” . 

For today, from the above with the gentleman having terminal cancer it fits in well. 

“all we saw is red and white squares” what do you expect from a card display in limited space?

Stop being a knob for once.

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All I saw from the Lansdown was red and white squares and a a banner that said “We are fighters”  Wtf was all that about?

Well the “we are fighters” is an old banner from a quote from Pisano a few years ago. The image is from a well known chap who has been fighting cancer. I hope this explains things.

happy now?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

That we are fighters banner has been out multiple times before today, 

Pisano while he was still a player with us he made a video for fans and said “we are fighters” . 

“all we saw is red and white squares” what do you expect from a card display in limited space?

Stop being a knob for once.

I don’t remember seeing that banner before nor did I or anyone else around me wtf was going on - so does that mean that we’re all knobs?………..:cool2:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t remember seeing that banner before nor did I or anyone else around me wtf was going on - so does that mean that we’re all knobs?………..:cool2:

No, as all you ever do is make sarcastic comments and try to troll people, constantly, over years, it’s boring. 

What was this, have a few beers at the game then rush home to make another pointless comment, instead of reading literally two posts above about it all.

There’s multiple times, like you’re constant crying about the tannoy then refusing to meet mark kelly, who was never hard to meet with.

The farce/obsession with the Johnson family

the trolling saying “you never hear any chants at Ashton gate”

The list is endless

You have been doing it for years and you still find it “funny”, someone calls you out and you just ignore them and go into hiding on the post.

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The display was a tribute to a man fighting cancer. 
That was been pointed out to you twice now.

Can you not go and troll a different thread? You are actually disgusting.

• Like 1

Just now, IAmNick said:

No surprise you're here then ;)

Nick. The pointless bickering was started by you. No surprise. 
All that was asked of people in the 3 blocks was to hold up a piece of card. You don’t even sit in that area so you were inquisitive about something that didn’t even impact you. 
The reason the message of the display was being kept tight-lipped was clearly because a much loved chap called Jazz Ellis is dying and it was interned to be a supportive and welcome surprise for him. 

So yes - this is 6 pages of bollocks. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not all, just the ones who decide they cant help themselves but comment on things they clearly have missed in the past that have been pretty prominent on social media.

Complete ignorant idiot. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Nick. The pointless bickering was started by you. No surprise. 
All that was asked of people in the 3 blocks was to hold up a piece of card. You don’t even sit in that area so you were inquisitive about something that didn’t even impact you. 
The reason the message of the display was being kept tight-lipped was clearly because a much loved chap called Jazz Ellis is dying and it was interned to be a supportive and welcome surprise for him. 

So yes - this is 6 pages of bollocks. 

Come on now, I wasn't the first or only one to ask.

Everyone did hold up the card and it looked fine, so what's the problem?

If there are fan led initiatives posted on the fans forum asking for people to take part you can't then be surprised or complain when people are interested or asking questions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spike said:

With regards to flares I wonder if it has something to do with fire alarms, in the sense that if there was a fire in the stadium and the alarm went off some people may just assume it's down to the flares and not make their way out of the stadium? I know it sounds daft but in the UK health and safety are very aggressive when it comes to stupid things like this.

It's probably more to do with the fact that fans in this country are bloody idiots who can't be trusted to not just lob them in any old direction.

As for the display today, it looked ok on Robins TV, but unfortunately didn't see the gentleman's image raised. I presume members of his family are on here hence the cloak and dagger approach otherwise that approach wouldn't make sense.

In which case, to those friends/family my heart goes out to you. Watching someone pass from this vile disease is cruelty of the highest order and you have my heartfelt sympathy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Henry said:

The display was a tribute to a man fighting cancer. 
That was been pointed out to you twice now.

Can you not go and troll a different thread? You are actually Ill informed 

Nobody explained the purpose of the display  before the game despite being asked what it was for. Why nobody said it was to support a terminally ill man I have no idea.

Not one person around me had any idea what it was all for…………seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I think the lesson here is “intent”.

It is misleading (sorry @James) to state it’s just people holding up red and white squares as clearly those formed part of a wider display. So the people holding up the red and white weren’t part of a mosaic but a wider display.

But we then come to intent.

One of the things I believe - I have to believe - is that peoples intent is good 99.9% of the time. Thats why the 0.1% make the news. So, while I get the secretive nature here (and it’s a great reason, and my best wishes go to Jazz and family), the problem is the way it was framed made that intent be questioned. Unfortunately 95% of people in attendance don’t know Jazz, so to frame it in the way of it meaning a lot to a lot of city fans also fell short. 

The lesson I think for everyone is to trust that the intent is good. And then for the organisers not to overegg/underegg what’s being done. Hopefully this episode has proven the former and when S82 or similar do another display it will be accepted with the good intent it’s no doubt meant in.

Bottom line - a good thing has been done here for someone, but nobody has really covered themselves in glory on this thread.

Second bottom line - This is about Jazz - don’t know him but can’t imagine what he’s going through - and not about bloody trolls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nobody explained the purpose of the display  before the game despite being asked what it was for. Why nobody said it was to support a terminally ill man I have no idea.

Not one person around me had any idea what it was all for…………seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Just when i thought you couldnt get anymore of a tw@….

Edited by Lewisdabaron

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You know what you’re doing, please stop.

@Moderator

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1