IGNORED

Sky Leeds Love-in

Davefevs

The commentators desperate to give Leeds everything.

Kipre just played the ball, what are they watching.  It was clumsy, and he only just played it.

For the refs…re Ayling - am I right in thinking you can’t just wander off the pitch to make a player offside.  He was on the pitch anyway. (Very different to sliding off the pitch in a challenge)

Molumby - desperate for him to get 2 yellows.

I suppose we just deal with it?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

Re West Brom's goal, from.the Premier League website:

Handball before scoring

The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal.

If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out.

However, a player will still be penalised if he commits an accidental handball immediately before scoring himself.

Which suggests the goal should have been disallowed. I assume the officials didn't see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He should have had a yellow for deliberate handball imo. From the FA:

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player

-handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack

Though using a vague term like promising attack leaves it open to interpretation and gives the referee a get out clause perhaps.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He should have had a yellow for deliberate handball imo. From the FA:

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player

-handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack

Though using a vague term like promising attack leaves it open to interpretation and gives the referee a get out clause perhaps.

Yep….but as my uncle used to say “if the dog would’ve stopped for a shit, it wouldn’t have won the race”!!  On a yellow he might not then commit the foul, or at least not as cynically.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep….but as my uncle used to say “if the dog would’ve stopped for a shit, it wouldn’t have won the race”!!  On a yellow he might not then commit the foul, or at least not as cynically.

Yep fair comment even if you are talking shit!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nor did 20+ players either!!!

And the commentary team thought the first guy shooting had scored too !

Yes VAR might have ruled it out (never know what that is doing go to do !) but people cannot both ways really .

Either we want it in for decisions like that and the penalty incident ( again the pundits seemed to change their mind after watching the replays) or we don’t want it as the thing ruins the game etc .

Seen many saying they’d rather have iffy on field decisions than VAR now.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Leeds are in a mess on and off the pitch while Albion have financial problems and Wallace and Swift are shadows of the players they were at their previous clubs.

We're in a better state than either imo.

I still like Wallace. He nearly scored tonight but a very good save from Meslier denied him.

Swift looked off it though agree.

17 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

And the commentary team thought the first guy shooting had scored too !

Yes VAR might have ruled it out (never know what that is doing go to do !) but people cannot both ways really .

Either we want it in for decisions like that and the penalty incident ( again the pundits seemed to change their mind after watching the replays) or we don’t want it as the thing ruins the game etc .

Seen many saying they’d rather have iffy on field decisions than VAR now.

Had that view since VAR came in and was used to go over things microscopically instead of how they said it would be- "clear and obvious errors"

• Like 2

I only saw about 20 minutes of the 1st half but it seemed real "hare'm scare'm" stuff to me. It could have been two equal sides seeking control, cancelling eachother out, but it looked like schoolboy football and it was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and dictate play. 

Leeds have a lot of injuries don't they? I don't know their squad the way some of you do, but maybe there's that kind of player on the sidelines?

As for West Brom, they look very similar to last season, maybe they will pick up a loanee or two before the window closes though.

Edited by Port Said Red

10 hours ago, chinapig said:

Leeds are in a mess on and off the pitch while Albion have financial problems and Wallace and Swift are shadows of the players they were at their previous clubs.

We're in a better state than either imo.

But not interesting from a television company's, or neutrals', point of view. Sky need viewers, Sky need drama and spectacle, and Leeds provide it whether they are doing well or falling apart.

Probably just getting old but I have become very fussy about TV sport presentation in recent years.

Sky do tend to hype everything. It wasn't a good watch last night, the teams struggled to create space, some poor touches. Maybe it was the camera angle or maybe I have been watching the womens world cup where there is an extra second of space on the ball.

I just don't like being told what is good and what isn't. Their cricket presentation has always been top class and usually tell it how it is though with the Hundred even that has succumbed to the hype lately, partly I suspect to the swathe of retired players dipping their toe into media work.

Take an old pro like Jonathon Pierce, tells what he sees, adds background in quiet moments but makes sure it isn't about him.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The commentators desperate to give Leeds everything.

Kipre just played the ball, what are they watching.  It was clumsy, and he only just played it.

For the refs…re Ayling - am I right in thinking you can’t just wander off the pitch to make a player offside.  He was on the pitch anyway. (Very different to sliding off the pitch in a challenge)

I suppose we just deal with it?

I remember the year leeds went up the last time, it was embarrassing, bielsa the greatest ever manager in history, spygate and the usual 25+ live games on sky to our 3 or 4.

54 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Probably just getting old but I have become very fussy about TV sport presentation in recent years.

Sky do tend to hype everything. It wasn't a good watch last night, the teams struggled to create space, some poor touches. Maybe it was the camera angle or maybe I have been watching the womens world cup where there is an extra second of space on the ball.

I just don't like being told what is good and what isn't. Their cricket presentation has always been top class and usually tell it how it is though with the Hundred even that has succumbed to the hype lately, partly I suspect to the swathe of retired players dipping their toe into media work.

Take an old pro like Jonathon Pierce, tells what he sees, adds background in quiet moments but makes sure it isn't about him......

...not forgetting his Bristol City references!

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

But not interesting from a television company's, or neutrals', point of view. Sky need viewers, Sky need drama and spectacle, and Leeds provide it whether they are doing well or falling apart.

Sure but I wasn't arguing that more of our games should be shown, rather than as a club we are in a better state than Leeds and West Brom. But of course they are big clubs so pundits will say they're good even if they aren't.