IGNORED

Another big away following on the cards

Mr Popodopolous

8 hours ago, One Team said:

El Rincon and The Three Lions.

Isn’t the Miners a bit of a pub , El rincon was always busy after the game but thought the old bill were trying to put the mockers on it , good friend of mine ( Swansea fan ) went in there a couple of years ago really early 3 of them and thought what a lovely little bar , within about 1/2 hour said it was full of lads inside and out he said it was quite intimidating but also said the city fans left them alone , but we’re told on the way out don’t come in here after 😂😂😂

• Admin
23 minutes ago, redkev said:

Isn’t the Miners a bit of a pub , El rincon was always busy after the game but thought the old bill were trying to put the mockers on it , good friend of mine ( Swansea fan ) went in there a couple of years ago really early 3 of them and thought what a lovely little bar , within about 1/2 hour said it was full of lads inside and out he said it was quite intimidating but also said the city fans left them alone , but we’re told on the way out don’t come in here after 😂😂😂

Miners has old school supporters, who could and would be best avoided by away supporters. But are really nice people 

El Rincon is the latest City pub to have the squeeze put on it by the police 

I respect that they don't like large numbers of people standing outside blocking the pavement but the police only impose these restrictions on football match days 

Norwich fans turned up very early but were advised to move on, definitely not a venue for away fans. Those guys were what I would call sensible fans but we all know it's not always like that 

Recently hasn't been open after a game. 

Back on the original topic I'm a little puzzled why Coventry were only given an additional allocation of 400, not the usual extra 900

So they've only got 3000

• Admin
10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

El Rincon, that does remind me.

Took a few mates to the Derby game in 2017, we went on a mini pub crawl. One of the only City related pubs we didn't frequent or get a drink in ie from Masonic down to the ground, was El Rincon. We looked a couple of times then moved onto the next.

Squeeze on numbers or?

It's much quieter than past seasons because of the restrictions on drinking outside. 

It's certainly not as busy in there as in the past either, though it's busy but still easy to get served. If you like Estrella they have the genuine strong version on draught and not the tourist version. 

• Thanks 1

On 15/10/2023 at 14:47, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fairly sure they would check tickets to make sure home only.

Even a relatively low risk game like Oxford in the Cup, a friend told me they went for the first time in ages- he told me, they checked ticket to make sure Home not away at the Rising Sun.

Been loads of away in rising sun this season just put out boards HOME FANS ONLY 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

See we’ve given Ipswich another 911 tickets today - will be 3,414 of them on Wednesday if they sell their additional allocation..

Lets send them home will nil-points 🤞🤞

If they take their full allocation that will be some effort given the distance involved 

Edited by fanjita
  • Like 3

• Admin
On 16/10/2023 at 17:21, Topper 123 said:

Been loads of away in rising sun this season just put out boards HOME FANS ONLY 

I only normally go in there after a game and was surprised to see a group of WBA fans in there the other week

Interestingly they originally had their shirts on under their coats and for a while you could hear a pin drop where people were noticing them, but to be fair they were all at least in their 50's and started chatting about old memories etc and it was great to see everyone mingling and sharing old anecdotes

13 hours ago, fanjita said:

If they take their full allocation that will be some effort given the distance involved 

I often wonder what sort of numbers actually come from the area

Like Leeds taking large numbers everywhere, but they have large numbers all over the UK

On 12/10/2023 at 20:05, redkev said:

Our away support so far this year has been excellent and tbf you can’t knock the home support considering the dross that has been dished up over the last 3 years , performances have improved considerably the back end of last season and the start of this season unfortunately the results are still very hit and miss

also Ashton gate / Bristol is a very attractive away place to come usually they get the 3 points also some great watering holes for away fans ( there must be more away pubs than anywhere else in the league ) another reason it’s an enjoyable experience for away fans ( seriously) the old bill here are pretty fair in my opinion up to some of the gestapos we have to put up with on our travels .

This got me thinking. 
I wasn’t sure there were any pubs near the ground that allowed away fans any more. 
Coopers No, Rising Sun No, El Rincon No, Luckwell Not Sure, Masonic No. 3 Lions No. 

I assume the Robins is the only one near the ground that they allow away fans in? And then I guess the Hen & Chicken? 

Is there actually any designated away pubs? 

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

This got me thinking. 
I wasn’t sure there were any pubs near the ground that allowed away fans any more. 
Coopers No, Rising Sun No, El Rincon No, Luckwell Not Sure, Masonic No. 3 Lions No. 

I assume the Robins is the only one near the ground that they allow away fans in? And then I guess the Hen & Chicken? 

There has always been the Nova Scotia ( mixed ) cottage ( mixed ) orchard mainly city but I have seen away fans in there , Tabbaco factory ( mixed ) , now I generally see more away fans around the ground probably because of the fan bars , also I’m pretty sure when they come off the train now I think the police ( rather than kettle them ) point them in the direction of the waterfront and keep an eye on them there . Seen an away fans around the east street area and weren’t Millwall in the White Hart couple of years ago . 

you also have some teams now that rather than get near the ground and possibly not getting in a pub make arrangements ( or just rock up ) at pubs on the outskirts , Leeds , Barnsley West Brom Birmingham to name a few usually rock up at Weatherspoons in Portishead , some teams have been known to stop off In Thornbury also.

Also this year I’m sure about 2-3 coach loads of Brum fans were at Lawrence Weston social club ( imagine that was arranged ) you wouldn’t just stumble on that place given its location . From someone I was chatting to I believe Birmingham are quite organised on the away drinking front organising venues for food and drink at most of there away games .

21 hours ago, Harry said:

This got me thinking. 

Luckwell definitely NO

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

jee whizz, 3,414 Ipswich fans heading to the Gate on Wednesday night

That's an amazing amount for a midweek game,considering we only played them last back in the 2018/2019 season.

Not all will be coming from Ipswich,but that an incredible amount of fans

Ipswich and Naaarwich always travel well , of course with them not just as a team but as a club very much on the up they have momentum,  think if we had same sort of feel good factor as they had we would take decent followings ( which we have this season ) perhaps not 3,400 to east anglia on a night game though that’s good , all related family day out for them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

jee whizz, 3,414 Ipswich fans heading to the Gate on Wednesday night

That's an amazing amount for a midweek game,considering we only played them last back in the 2018/2019 season.

Not all will be coming from Ipswich,but that an incredible amount of fans

They are looking forward to this; 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/568476/bristol-roll-call;-pre-match-pubs;-backing-the-boys-to-energise-after-18-days/#22

Scrolling through the posts, apart from East Anglia, there's fans travelling from Glos & South Wales. At least one of them intends using Parson Street station. They've listed a large selection of pre match pubs.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just had a bit of a browse of that thread, one suggests El Rincon??

Spotted Cow I think that isn't a designated home pub or anything similar?

El Rincon 100% home fans only

Spotted Cow they don't seem to be fussed as long as you buy a roast dinner

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

They are looking forward to this; 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/568476/bristol-roll-call;-pre-match-pubs;-backing-the-boys-to-energise-after-18-days/#22

Scrolling through the posts, apart from East Anglia, there's fans travelling from Glos & South Wales. At least one of them intends using Parson Street station. They've listed a large selection of pre match pubs.

That has got to be the worst website I’ve ever had the awful pleasure of visiting. Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1

I know of three Ipswich fans who all live locally and will be sitting in the Lansdown as they couldn't get tickets in the away end, one is even an Ipswich member. 

They are a very well-supported club, which is hardly surprising given their catchment area and success in terms of English champions, European cup and FA cup winners. They even have quite an active south west supporters club apparently. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know of three Ipswich fans who all live locally and will be sitting in the Lansdown as they couldn't get tickets in the away end, one is even an Ipswich member. 

They are a very well-supported club, which is hardly surprising given their catchment area and success in terms of English champions, European cup and FA cup winners. They even have quite an active south west supporters club apparently. 

Just to say that their Division One title was in 1962, the FA Cup was 1978, and their UEFA cup (Now Europa League) was in 1981. Not a bad history at all, and to be respected, but it isn't recent history. Bit like Forest, Derby, Leeds etc but on a lower level. I think they were last in the top flight in 2002.

They are surprisingly very well supported when doing well (considering the size of the town), not so good when not doing too well.

Glad to see them on the way back, just wish MA had nothing to do with them.

56 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Just to say that their Division One title was in 1962, the FA Cup was 1978, and their UEFA cup (Now Europa League) was in 1981. Not a bad history at all, and to be respected, but it isn't recent history. Bit like Forest, Derby, Leeds etc but on a lower level. I think they were last in the top flight in 2002.

They are surprisingly very well supported when doing well (considering the size of the town), not so good when not doing too well.

Glad to see them on the way back, just wish MA had nothing to do with them.

I know what you mean.   We'd have a far more harmonious relationship if it wasn't down to one individual.     But we can't, or shouldn't, allow Ashton to influence opinion.      He did wrong over there, left a bad taste and fans are rightfully not in favour but I'd rather concentrate on matters on the pitch.    This is something of a look-forward to game that both fans are maybe relishing so let's allow other concerns to go by the wayside and let the best team win on the night.

r.e. our past achievements, all that you mention is true but a large number of our fanbase have little to no recollection of the times and era indicated and the last trophy of sorts we won was the 2000 Play-Off victory at Wembley.     Until Southgate came along we had the distinction of providing England their best two managers too.      

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

I know what you mean.   We'd have a far more harmonious relationship if it wasn't down to one individual.     But we can't, or shouldn't, allow Ashton to influence opinion.      He did wrong over there, left a bad taste and fans are rightfully not in favour but I'd rather concentrate on matters on the pitch.    This is something of a look-forward to game that both fans are maybe relishing so let's allow other concerns to go by the wayside and let the best team win on the night.

r.e. our past achievements, all that you mention is true but a large number of our fanbase have little to no recollection of the times and era indicated and the last trophy of sorts we won was the 2000 Play-Off victory at Wembley.     Until Southgate came along we had the distinction of providing England their best two managers too.      

Well, if Southgate wins the Euros, you'll have a hat trick.

Loved Bobby Robson though.

Its a difficult game for us with the number of first teamers out and there will be 5 academy players on the bench (17/18 year olds). But if NP won't use that as an excuse then neither will I.

If we start like we did Saturday, you'll have a field day, but if we get in front it may be difficult for you.

2-2 is my prediction and after saturdays win, that'll be fine by me.

13 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Ipswich are a well respected club by many (including me).

As a template, with the right owners, I would like to see Bristol City canvass support home and away like Ipswich. Decent club Ipswich, hope you lose tonight obviously, but also hope you go up as what a tribute to Sir Bobby that would be. 

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Ipswich are a well respected club by many (including me).

As a template, with the right owners, I would like to see Bristol City canvass support home and away like Ipswich. Decent club Ipswich, hope you lose tonight obviously, but also hope you go up as what a tribute to Sir Bobby that would be. 

Tomorrow night 🙈