IGNORED

Hull City away match thread

Friday night in Yorkshire and we play under the MKM Stadium lights, kick off 730 pm.

Last season it finished 2-1 at their place https://youtu.be/Nx6ho0BrUvM

They ended last season one place and one point behind us.

Ground guides: https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/kc-stadium-hull-city.html and https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/kc-stadium-hull-city.html

If you want to buy a programme here you go: https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/products/hull-city-v-bristol-city

NP managed them between June 2010 and November 2011, he was appointed to stabilise the team following their relegation to the Championship, he held the role for 15 months until he was enticed to return to Leicester City, the club he had left to join Hull City.

Last November they announced former player Liam Rosenior as their head coach. The former full-back made 161 appearances in black and amber between 2010 and 2015 and returned to the top job after a spell as interim manager at Derby County.

The club statement at the time noted that ‘Rosenior was a "key member" of the Tigers team which won promotion to the Premier League in 2012/13, helping it to finish 16th in 2013/14 and reach its first FA Cup final the same year.’   

He started his coaching career at Brighton and Hove Albion in 2018 after retiring as a player, Rosenior moved to Derby County in 2019. He was promoted to assistant manager under Wayne Rooney in 2021, before the former England star was sacked and Rosenior was asked to take over.

He began his playing career with us back in 2001/02 as a midfielder and while at Hull he was managed by NP.

NP presser: https://youtu.be/-Bcek6r6AfY I liked the line ‘we owe ourselves a performance.’

Our head -to-head record is decent.

Won: 38

Lost: 29

Drawn: 25

They won 2-1 away at ten man Blackburn Rovers last weekend with Connolly scoring twice in the last 10 minutes and currently occupy seventh place with six points following two consecutive wins. Their fans are feeling confident: https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-bristol-city.408256/

They expect to welcome back Allahyar Sayyadmanesh to their squad following injury. At his pre-match press conference, head coach Liam Rosenior confirmed midfielder Ozan Tufan is fine to face the Robins, while left-back Rúben Vinagre will also be available if he's able to come through the team's final preparations.

Andi is likely to be back for us and TGH is in contention too, of course Rob Dickie is serving a one match ban so will be missing.

BBC take on the Tigers: It's difficult to nail down exactly what Liam Rosenior’s first full season in charge of the Tigers will look like.

He tightened them up defensively last season and the nucleus of the squad looks decent, but needs further additions.

However, ‘where are the goals coming from?’ will be the question of choice. Can Oscar Estupinan match or improve on his tally of 13 from his first year in English football?

Rosenior’s preferred style of play has sometimes left those watching feel nervous, and it's not been without its sticky spots, but he remains steadfast that with the right players and continued hard work it will reap rewards.

The key man could be Turkey international midfielder Ozan Tufan, who has the ability to play a big part this season if he can find consistency in his performances.

Play-offs will obviously be the hope but it might be a season too soon. An improved top-half finish might be more realistic in an often unpredictable league.

Officials

Referee: James Linington

Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Robert Hyde

Fourth official: Anthony Backhouse

They signed Manchester City's Liam Delap on a season-long loan. The 20-year-old forward had two loan spells in the Championship last season, with Stoke and Preston, scoring four goals in 38 appearances.

Also signed defender Ruben Vinagre on a season-long loan from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon, with the option of a permanent deal. The 24-year-old spent last season at Everton and played four matches before an Achilles injury ended his campaign.

They added Brighton and Hove Albion striker Aaron Connolly for an undisclosed fee on a one-year deal.

Scott Twine also joined on loan https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66521703

Pubs

The Park View (57 Walton Street, Hull, HU3 6JB) almost directly opposite the stadium car park entrance has always welcomed visiting supporters in the past. This family run pub serves a wide array of beers and has big screens to show live sport as well as housing a burger van outside on match-days.

The Walton Street Social Club (243 Walton Street, Hull HU3 6JR) welcomes away fans as well but you will be charged a £1 entry fee. The club serves very good cheap beer in a friendly atmosphere with a separate area serving food (fish and chips at £6) and other refreshments.

The Boot Room (354-356 Anlaby Road, Hull, HU3 6NS) is located further down Walton Street on the corner of the junction with Anlaby Road. Although this is where a large number of Hull fans congregate before the games, they have welcomed away fans previously and have a number of big screens showing live sport.

There are a number of alternative venues in the city centre, including the local Wetherspoon’s The Admiral of the Humber (1 Anlaby Road, Hull HU1 2NT), The New King Edward Bar (which is right next door to the Admiral of the Humber and located upstairs, 1 Anlaby Road, Hull HU1 2NR), The Punch Hotel (Queen Victoria Square, Hull HU1 3RA) and The Hop and Vine (24 Albion Street, Hull HU1 3TH).

Worth seeking out, but not near the ground (a ten minute drive away,) is the Olde White Harte. Dating from the 16th c with Civil War history; carved heavy beams, attractive stained glass, oak panelling and two big inglenooks with frieze of delft tiles, well kept Caledonian, Theakstons and guests from copper-topped counter, 80 or so malt whiskies; old skull (found here in the 19th c and displayed in a Perspex case); children welcome, dogs in bar, heated courtyard, open all day. 25 Silver Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1JG, (01482) 326363, https://www.yeoldewhiteharte.com/

For a good pie try the Pie Bakery. Known as ‘The Pie of the Tiger’ since their pies have been sold at KCOM stadium, this bakery produces some of the areas favourite pies. They produce gluten-free, vegan and veggie pies that are well-loved. Their pies are full of tasty tender filling with just the right amount of gravy (and we all know how important that is to Yorkshire folk). They do a lovely cheese cauliflower and broccoli pie, the classic steak and ale pie, as well as a range of other pies and sausage rolls. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/delicious-homemade-yorkshire-pies-delivered-25473161

Alternatively try the Hull Pie, https://thehullpie.co.uk

Come on you Reds!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Robin 2
32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good, determined, young manager is Liam. Speaks really well.

I like him / the way he tries to play, he’s definitely one to keep an eye on for us.  But he ain’t half a “victim” in a lot of his interviews. Every opposition goal is unjust (generalisation), they never get any decisions, etc.

29 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

I bet Liam is on Steve's watch list.  Very much a Lansdown type of manager.

I’d hoped with their previous Hull connections Nige could’ve got him here when the Derby crap was going on.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like him / the way he tries to play, he’s definitely one to keep an eye on for us.  But he ain’t half a “victim” in a lot of his interviews. Every opposition goal is unjust (generalisation), they never get any decisions, etc.

I’d hoped with their previous Hull connections Nige could’ve got him here when the Derby crap was going on.

I always got the impression that Rosenior didn't enjoy his time here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anywhere any reference to the fact that the match is not being live-streamed on Robins TV. Am I wrong in thinking that in previous seasons, Friday night games have often been shown? Not on Sky, either, as far as I can see, so just wondering why RTV can't cover it. Hull not willing to grant permission? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anywhere any reference to the fact that the match is not being live-streamed on Robins TV. Am I wrong in thinking that in previous seasons, Friday night games have often been shown? Not on Sky, either, as far as I can see, so just wondering why RTV can't cover it. Hull not willing to grant permission? 

It's not classed as an official midweek game because it was originally scheduled to be a weekend game. It's a rescheduled match.

Therefore it is at the home team's discretion whether we can broadcast it domestically on RobinsTV. Presumably that's not been granted.

However, should you happen to live abroad, or be in a position to get to Calais sometime in the next 7 hours, it is is being broadcast on RobinsTV for the overseas audience. Conway is the guest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Think it’s because it was initially a Saturday 3pm game.  It’s on RTV for overseas /VPN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Correct, it's a home club decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

The audio RB commentary will be on surely!

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

So I called Hull ticket office, they said they can be purchased from the ticket office once the coach arrives with the unsold tickets

I did query it not being pay on the day but they said that's not a problem - I guess because there's quite a few unsold?

Fingers crossed, I’ll be collecting my tickets from the office in the East Stand.

• Like 1