IGNORED

Hull City away match thread

Here's mr negative! :laugh:

I actually quite enjoyed that game, certainly more than the home "performances"

If Hull would have taken their chances they would have won, if we had taken out chances we would have won!

If it was a boxing match I think we would have shaded it on points

Some good performances (Wells, Sykes, Pring, Knight, Cornick for me) some not so, that's football I suppose, now transfer those away performances to home and we would all enjoy it more

COYR!

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Here's mr negative! :laugh:

I actually quite enjoyed that game, certainly more than the home "performances"

If Hull would have taken their chances they would have won, if we had taken out chances we would have won!

If it was a boxing match I think we would have shaded it on points

Some good performances (Wells, Sykes, Pring, Knight, Cornick for me) some not so, that's football I suppose, now transfer those away performances to home and we would all enjoy it more

COYR!

It shows that we don't yet have a side capable of dismantling a team that is determined to be organised. That's the issue at home. Teams that play a more open game and "go for it" (and most teams do at home) seem to be far more suited to us because as much as we need to be on it defensively they also give US the space to play in. Watching us try and break down Preston and Birmingham on the other hand was 200 odd minutes of complete and utter pain. We didn't know where to start!! If I'm honest I was hoping we would have been in a better place in that regard by now. Mehmeti has to start stepping up to the plate now Scott has left otherwise it's a problem that will last a lot longer than it ought to.

• Like 2

Still don’t get why the linesman gave offside, in the away end I saw Wells score. Everyone stopped looked at the Lino who kept his flag down then players and fans celebrated. Why did he decide about 10 seconds later to decide it was offside, why not flag when goal went in. Very very weird decision making, think looking at replays right decision was made but why the delay to make it.

From their forum;

Just goes to show you’ve got to have most of your players at the top of their game to win a game in the Championship. 
Too many below par tonight which resulted in the deserved draw. 
It was an ok performance but I think we were all desperate for a razzmatazz display to match the uptick in the quality of our transfer targets. 
A win, top of of the league and an exciting end to the transfer window would have been an amazing start to the weekend. Unfortunately, I think we’re all left feeling a little bit ‘meh’.

Nevertheless, BC are not a bad side, well coached by NP, so in a game that either side could have won and draw was a fair result. In the past we would have probably lost that game, so a bit of patience is needed to complete the incomings and outgoings, then we can see how the team is looking.

3 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Still don’t get why the linesman gave offside, in the away end I saw Wells score. Everyone stopped looked at the Lino who kept his flag down then players and fans celebrated. Why did he decide about 10 seconds later to decide it was offside, why not flag when goal went in. Very very weird decision making, think looking at replays right decision was made but why the delay to make it.

I would imagine there was a discussion about whether the defender made a “deliberate play” at the ball.

Stupid rule really but looks like the right one

18 hours ago, mozo said:

I would question that... Why did Weimann play in GW1 with injections to numb the pain of the heel? Then on comms, Conway inferred that they had used injections again and "he just needs to rest it".

Just seems unnecessary to me?

I agree, I don't see that playing a player with an injury that can only be rectified with an injection, can be good for that injury to heal properly. I'm wondering if he is suffering from the same condition as I am, namely Gout. This condition is caused by the body producing too much Uric Acid, the kidneys are suppose to control it, but for some reason they dont. Because of this crystals are formed in the heel, toes or both and is very painful, especially as there is inflamation as well, a diet of too much red meat will cause this. It can be treated with medication and also an injection, which I believe only last for some time and then doesn't work anymore, this could be  the reason, but who knows, the medical team are sure to know about this condition, I hope.  All I have written is probably rubbish, as I'm sure someone will tell me.

• Like 2