IGNORED

Hull City away match thread

3 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

-they scored, they hit the post, twine free kick, Connolly missed 1-1 and max save from him on the angle. Pretty clear and obvious.

19 shots to their 13. Away from home.I remember a lot of them were long range straight at Max too. 
 Produce that performance every weekend and we win more often than not. 

I’m more pessimistic than most but tonight is not the night to be feeling down. Good signs.

• Like 15
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

-they scored, they hit the post, twine free kick, Connolly missed 1-1 and max save from him on the angle. Pretty clear and obvious.

Wells just offside for an equaliser, Williams should've scored, Sykes, Knight header, Wells overhead kick, Cornick (probably should've passed imo).

I guess they don't count and we should've just conceded all of your examples. Jeez.

I've never seen anyone post so negatively after an overall decent performance, come from a goal down away from home, and one where if one of the teams deserved to get the 3 points it was us.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

I honestly think the negativity comes from 2 teams stopping us play at home. The 2 away performances have been just short of brilliant. Given the room and time to play we have looked every inch a top 8 team. The problem is 80% of our fanbase only sees the home games and the 2 so far have not been great. 
We do need to find a way to play around a packed MF & defence, but at least they should acknowledge a very good performance when it happens.

• Like 11
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Wells just offside for an equaliser, Williams should've scored, Sykes, Knight header, Wells overhead kick, Cornick (probably should've passed imo).

I guess they don't count and we should've just conceded all of your examples. Jeez.

I've never seen anyone post so negatively after an overall decent performance, come from a goal down away from home, and one where if one of the teams deserved to get the 3 points it was us.

Where did I say that we didn’t create our own chances? 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I honestly think the negativity comes from 2 teams stopping us play at home. The 2 away performances have been just short of brilliant. Given the room and time to play we have looked every inch a top 8 team. The problem is 80% of our fanbase only sees the home games and the 2 so far have not been great. 
We do need to find a way to play around a packed MF & defence, but at least they should acknowledge a very good performance when it happens.

Nail hit right on the head…..

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This is so accurate.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Injuries surely down to players having to play/return too early because we have such a threadbare squad. 

That's one thing that Pearson does not do. Listen to the relevant Pressers, constantly says the Players health is the number one concern. Look how he eased Williams back in after breaking down previously, look at Benarous who has been on grass for ages and has had short run outs . If someone isn't ready, they don't play.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Could we have had a penalty too or not really? First half penalty shout certainly- was it? Less so.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That's one thing that Pearson does not do. Listen to the relevant Pressers, constantly says the Players health is the number one concern. Look how he eased Williams back in after breaking down previously, look at Benarous who has been on grass for ages and has had short run outs . If someone isn't ready, they don't play.

Hard to see that being the case with Weimann tonight…

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Stating the obvious.

10 minutes ago, TheReds said:

It’s called a twisted and saddo agenda

Theres a few in the same little club

Some coming back in different names spouting the same negative whining 

Seriously embarrassing

Supporters  ?

Supporters my a**

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

It’s called a twisted and saddo agenda

Theres a few in the same little club

Some coming back in different names spouting the same negative whining 

Seriously embarrassing

Supporters  ?

Supporters my a**

They come crawling back under a different name, but they always give themselves away.

Its what the ignore feature is for..

5 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

Where did I say that we didn’t create our own chances? 

You have constantly said Hull had best chances (they really never), could've won it TWICE (they really couldn't have), listed their chances to tell us all how apparently great they were etc etc. If you are a City fan then I would be actually shocked how anyone can be so negative after that overall very decent performance. If you really are a City fan and are this negative after a performance like that then I suggest you get another hobby.

I'll tap out now.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would question that... Why did Weimann play in GW1 with injections to numb the pain of the heel? Then on comms, Conway inferred that they had used injections again and "he just needs to rest it".

Just seems unnecessary to me?

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

You have constantly said Hull had best chances (they really never), could've won it TWICE (they really couldn't have), listed their chances to tell us all how apparently great they were etc etc. If you are a City fan then I would be actually shocked how anyone can be so negative after that overall very decent performance. If you really are a City fan and are this negative after a performance like that then I suggest you get another hobby.

I'll tap out now.

This is far too negative, you should be pleased with such an improved performance 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I would question that... Why did Weimann play in GW1 with injections to numb the pain of the heel? Then on comms, Conway inferred that they had used injections again and "he just needs to rest it".

Just seems unnecessary to me?

Pearson has regularly tried to reign in players wanting to play, he has constantly said the players health os number one importance. But the player also has responsibility . Only the player themselves will know how they feel, and aftre playing during the week if AW says he's fit, who is going to argue ?

• Like 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

Blige!

image.thumb.png.d447a2218d9ed13d1e180d2b0d0edad4.png

That blocked shots data annoys me .
The 2 at Millwall, clearly on target from 5 yards don't count. The 3/4 shots in the same attack from inside the area, don't count.
They are still shots, and most of those I mention you can see they are on target. Just a bugbear of mine.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Blige!

image.thumb.png.d447a2218d9ed13d1e180d2b0d0edad4.png

But haven't you heard? Shots on target are the biggest metric of everything ever. I heard we only had 4 in 3 league games or whatever on the 100% balanced as anything Bristol City podcasts last week (OTIB is very missed). We've lost on that again today so we were clearly awful.

In fact, I'm led to believe shots on target are even more important than goals.

Edited by marcofisher
19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Hard to see that being the case with Weimann tonight…

You are one seriously negative poster.

He was eased back first with 60 minutes for the 21s midweek.

If you knew this would happen could you tell me tomorrow’s lottery numbers?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would be interesting to see again on the highlights. Despite some of the officiating we got the very least we deserved tonight. All 3 would have been fair.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12947638/hull-city-1-1-bristol-city-championship-highlights

Unfortunately the highlights so far are extremely limited, hopefully more on the OS soon.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jose said:

Why do you keep saying big spending? We’ve spent more in the summer?

They're spending plenty on wages between the likes of Vinagre, Twine, Delap, and Connolly. And thats not even counting the sheer number of signings (and over £11m spent) last season.

• Like 1