IGNORED

Where is our CEO...who is he?

extonsred

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So, it’s clear…and pretty much as I suggested.

1. SL doesn’t want to put in the amounts he has in the past.

2. The budget is set to minimise 1.

It’s as simple as that.

He (SL) has taken “advantage” of the “opportunity” of having home-grown players (Semenyo and Scott) being sold (full transfer profit) and a likely conveyor belt of other Academy players that might be sold in future for good numbers (Vyner, Pring, Conway and Bell) to lessen the amount he puts in.  So basically he’s used a good situation created by Nige thru Tins thru the Academy staff to constrain the budget of the first team.

I think he’s taken the wrong time to do that…and not recognised why he can execute the plan of 1 and 2.  Again, effing outcome based, not viewing the process that got us here.

Now is the time with a lower cost base and saleable home-grown assets to be a bit more flexible.  I’m not talking going mad. I’m just talking about creating that depth with one, maybe two more players, of the same ilk as the summer recruits.

Sorry to all you people out there that think SL deserves a lot more recognition…I think he’s showed his complete lack of football business acumen, again.  Muppet!

Then I reckon you’d post a lot differently to how you have about Nige over the past 2 years!! ???

+++++++++

I have no real issues with PA tonight nor Richard Hoskin.  It was a decent enough interview.

Generally been a supporter of him and still am , have wavered the odd time but think that goes for most Dave 

• Like 3

@Davefevs quoting is messy on the phone so I'll try and respond like this.

First. I don't think anyone has talked about consistent profitability. Sustainability demands some profit, but it's really about breaking even over time, over multiple seasons, so that ultimately the Club can pay it's debts as the fall due. For example - spending what is earned - I don't think there's inconsistency there and I'm sorry but I'm not sure why you've elevated the conversation from sustainability to profitability?

I agree on the cashflow/FFP/transfer payment structure bit. Tbh that could do with a whole hour's interview with someone who knows what they're talking about asking the questions. I'm not sure what he said was muddled, but it was definitely high-level.

On the accounts for 22/23. You may well be surprised, but ultimately you and I deal in amateur speculation based on historic accounts, reasonable assumptions, and titbits from interviews. All I can say is that despite the Semenyo sale, our CEO has just said that a £20m loss is on the cards for 22/23. I'd been thinking mid-high teens, so it's worse than my projection, but Alexander will (I hope) have a better idea than you and I.

The rest of your responses you'll know I basically agree with, and you'll know that ultimately you and I agree that we need new ideas, new investment, new board members, and likely a new majority owner.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

but I'm not sure why you've elevated the conversation from sustainability to profitability?

Because PA inferred that SL doesn’t want to fund anymore / nowhere near to extent he has in the past - so maybe he wants us to operate at lower loss threshold (£5m p.a / £15m 3 year cycle)?  Or maybe at £0?  That’s why I said what I did.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

On the accounts for 22/23. You may well be surprised, but ultimately you and I deal in amateur speculation based on historic accounts, reasonable assumptions, and titbits from interviews. All I can say is that despite the Semenyo sale, our CEO has just said that a £20m loss is on the cards for 22/23. I'd been thinking mid-high teens, so it's worse than my projection, but Alexander will (I hope) have a better idea than you and I.

Oh, totally.  I guess we don’t know if we are talking operational loss or loss after player trading?

2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

One thing that also came through from that interview - and I appreciate many fans felt this was the case anyway, but it being put across publicly to the media is a different thing - was that the club wanted to sell Alex.

From that, the Alex money had already been spent prior to his departure, him staying would've cost the owner a considerable amount of cash as a result, the owner was closely involved during the process of the sale and those negotiations went on for several months... that's very different to setting a price and waiting for a club to match it.

And, again, while we all know the optics haven't been great for a while around transfers/the manager's future I just feel like the chief executive hasn't made it any better in that interview. And I can't pretend I don't feel just a bit disappointed by the whole thing?

Just for clarity, I don't consider myself a typical forum moaner/a grass is always greener on the other side type. I've always been a supporter of the owner - I still am, really - and I can always forgive poor decision making when it's made in good faith or for the right reasons. Nobody is perfect and I do believe he's really tried to get us promoted to the Premier League during his tenure, that he does genuinely want to leave the club in a good place.

But it's hard not to be slightly despondent about the direction of travel off the pitch, isn't it?

We've sold our two best players for a combined £30-35m in the past nine months and, despite the "what football brings in, football can spend" mantra that's been trotted out publicly even in recent interviews, we've recruited, almost exclusively, players surplus to requirements at Championship clubs or out of League One and League Two during that timeframe.

That's not to say our recruitment has been a disaster, I do like some of the players we've brought in, but the team that started at Swansea contained just two - one of those a loanee signed as injury cover, according to the chief executive - who weren't with us 12 months ago... when Alex and Antoine were still part of our squad.

Of course, the strategy now is to emulate a club - Luton - who've achieved promotion on a shoestring budget against all odds.

I mean... actually where is the logic there? It was against all odds for a reason - it's unlikely to be repeated again in a hurry! And I can't imagine they spent the past two years telling all and sundry that promotion was the aim, being around the top six was the expectation and that worst teams than them had done it either.

And, to top all of it off, the board could barely be more visibly uncomfortable with Nigel as manager - they give the impression that any success, past, present or future, has been and will be in spite of him rather than because of him. The chief executive refusing to talk about a prospective new contract on the radio I can live with, but the club refusing to give any clear public backing to one of the most popular managers we've had in the past decade is tone deaf at best. At very best.

After all that - and taking a deep breath - can we still have a successful season? Yeah, we can. Could we even do the unthinkable and get promoted if things go our way? Absolutely. It's football, weird shit happens.

But if the above happens it won't be in spite of Nigel, it'll be in spite of his employers at this point IMO.

This is a most marvellous post.

I'm a bit vanilla about it all to be honest. We've had all of this from SL before. He has not one iota of a plan of how to "get" to the Premier league. Others have said it in this thread. It's all knee jerk on "what's worked for others" and swinging pendulums - spending loads of cash, and then not spending any.

But.

We aren't others. We're Bristol City and we need a Bristol City plan. What is it? Who replaces Pearson? What is our long term style of play for the first team? How does that drop down into the U21s & youth sides? Who manages this? How do we recruit into this plan? What does succession look like? etc. etc. Basically - our strategy. 

I've had these questions for years. And if SL is still here when Nigel's contract is up, the appointment of his successor will tell you everything you need to know (IMHO that SL doesn't know how to run a football club). Is Steve a narcissist? I can't answer the question, but it appears that anyone challenging him, pretty soon sees their arse out the door. 

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oh, totally.  I guess we don’t know if we are talking operational loss or loss after player trading?

My ears heard Hoskin speak about the -£28.5m loss in 2021/22. That was BCFC Holdings pre-tax loss. Basically the overall headline operational loss, accounting for player trading. He then asked about the "next" accounts.

So, if Alexander listened to Hoskin, understood him, and answered with logic and in kind, then he's saying that for 22/23 we can expect BCFC Holdings Ltd to report a pre-tax operational loss of circa £20m.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because PA inferred that SL doesn’t want to fund anymore / nowhere near to extent he has in the past - so maybe he wants us to operate at lower loss threshold (£5m p.a / £15m 3 year cycle)?  Or maybe at £0?  That’s why I said what I did.

Fair. I think yes he wants us to operate at a lower loss threshold, but he's assuming a certain level of player trading enabling that. That's what you meant by not learning from COVID right? That's what we (and all of football) assumed prior to that, and then the market collapsed. I get that, and have said elsewhere that assuming we can sell a £25m asset even...I don't know...every three years...is madness and isn't true sustainability.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

This is a most marvellous post.

I'm a bit vanilla about it all to be honest. We've had all of this from SL before. He has not one iota of a plan of how to "get" to the Premier league. Others have said it in this thread. It's all knee jerk on "what's worked for others" and swinging pendulums - spending loads of cash, and then not spending any.

But.

We aren't others. We're Bristol City and we need a Bristol City plan. What is it? Who replaces Pearson? What is our long term style of play for the first team? How does that drop down into the U21s & youth sides? Who manages this? How do we recruit into this plan? What does succession look like? etc. etc. Basically - our strategy. 

I've had these questions for years. And if SL is still here when Nigel's contract is up, the appointment of his successor will tell you everything you need to know (IMHO that SL doesn't know how to run a football club). Is Steve a narcissist? I can't answer the question, but it appears that anyone challenging him, pretty soon sees their arse out the door. 

To say he doesn't know how is a bit strong as there have been far more incompetent owners in terms of running their club into FFP or financial concerns, but he certainly lacks a consistent or methodical approach.

The infrastructure will serve us well, the lack of backing for, appreciation for or new contract on offer to NP it definitely won't!

• Like 1

I'm reasonably content with the policy as I love the current set-up with academy players being given a chance.  What grates , however, is the lack of praise (and contract for Nigel Pearson and his team and the absence of any willingness to communicate with fans. They have done a fantastic job against the odds. The absence of praise is beyond poor.

Of course, I'd like to see City in the Premiership but progression in the Championship with committed developing young players from the lower leagues and our academy players getting a chance is also very satisfying to see especially with the style of football Pearson is implementing.   One caveat being is that I would have liked a striker brought in given Wells is the only option right now.

It's Pearson and his team who have put the Club on the path of relative success and enhanced the values of players despite a significantly reduced budget.  Their efforts have brought in significant transfer fees by nurturing young players and giving them opportunities.  The staff brought the best out of Alex Scott, Semenyo, Conway, Pring,  Bell and Vyner and only that success has allowed Steve Lansdown to cut the budget.  Pearson is continuing that approach with Yeboah getting some opportunities.  It's hard to fathom why SL can't bring himself to acknowledge and appreciate that.

It's not just good fortune either, Pearson has got the set-up right so the youngsters with the potential to step up train with the first team. Not only that, but the recruitment has been exceptionally good with the likes of Knight, Sykes, Atkinson all being astute signings from the lower league at a relatively low cost and wages.

The achievements of the management team shouldn't be underestimated and they aren't by the fan base.   It's poor of Steve Lansdown not to acknowledge that and brainless not to offer an extended contract.  It's also noteworthy that Steve Lansdown has done no interviews within the Club media or even with the external Bristol media.  He did give an interview to a Guernsey paper but that almost rubs in his disconnect with the fans. 

Despite others saying he is not good with the media I think that wasn't necessarily true in the past aside from the occasional unnecessary or clumsy dig at fans. I think generally there was a lot of goodwill and appreciation towards him despite some odd managerial appointment mistakes.   Investment in the stadium, the training ground and sustaining the Club for many years is something he should be applauded for.  It's a pity he has gone down a route (with his attitude to Pearson, appointing his son to an unsuited role and generally distancing himself from the fans) that has already lost some goodwill.  

It's all reversible of course and if we are in touching place of the play-offs and he offers Nigel a new contract and increased budget then all will be well. Football is fickle like that. For now, I'd be more than happy with contract extensions for Bell and Conway then see where we are in January.

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I'm reasonably content with the policy as I love the current set-up with academy players being given a chance.  What grates , however, is the lack of praise (and contract for Nigel Pearson and his team and the absence of any willingness to communicate with fans. They have done a fantastic job against the odds. The absence of praise is beyond poor.

Of course, I'd like to see City in the Premiership but progression in the Championship with committed developing young players from the lower leagues and our academy players getting a chance is also very satisfying to see especially with the style of football Pearson is implementing.   One caveat being is that I would have liked a striker brought in given Wells is the only option right now.

It's Pearson and his team who have put the Club on the path of relative success and enhanced the values of players despite a significantly reduced budget.  Their efforts have brought in significant transfer fees by nurturing young players and giving them opportunities.  The staff brought the best out of Alex Scott, Semenyo, Conway, Pring,  Bell and Vyner and only that success has allowed Steve Lansdown to cut the budget.  Pearson is continuing that approach with Yeboah getting some opportunities.  It's hard to fathom why SL can't bring himself to acknowledge and appreciate that.

It's not just good fortune either, Pearson has got the set-up right so the youngsters with the potential to step up train with the first team. Not only that, but the recruitment has been exceptionally good with the likes of Knight, Sykes, Atkinson all being astute signings from the lower league at a relatively low cost and wages.

The achievements of the management team shouldn't be underestimated and they aren't by the fan base.   It's poor of Steve Lansdown not to acknowledge that and brainless not to offer an extended contract.  It's also noteworthy that Steve Lansdown has done no interviews within the Club media or even with the external Bristol media.  He did give an interview to a Guernsey paper but that almost rubs in his disconnect with the fans. 

Despite others saying he is not good with the media I think that wasn't necessarily true in the past aside from the occasional unnecessary or clumsy dig at fans. I think generally there was a lot of goodwill and appreciation towards him despite some odd managerial appointment mistakes.   Investment in the stadium, the training ground and sustaining the Club for many years is something he should be applauded for.  It's a pity he has gone down a route (with his attitude to Pearson, appointing his son to an unsuited role and generally distancing himself from the fans) that has already lost some goodwill.  

It's all reversible of course and if we are in touching place of the play-offs and he offers Nigel a new contract and increased budget then all will be well. Football is fickle like that. For now, I'd be more than happy with contract extensions for Bell and Conway then see where we are in January.

Really don't know why some are so disenchanted with how Bristol City is run the club is stable absolutely no real  chance of bankruptcy and going out of business(how would they like no club to support) the only debt it seems is to Steve Lansdown who's unlikely ever to call it in, excellent facilities an academy set up which actually produces players capable of performing well in the  Championship and beyond.a good manager who probably isn't on minimum wage and a squad consisting of  some  good players some very good. Personally I want things to continue with Steve Lansdown  a decent guy who has done so much for the club  it's staggering that some don't appreciate and  acknowledge that. I'd rather be in the Championship or reach the next level following a prudent business model  than someone taking over who spends large sums  on overrated overpaid largely foreign  players   who only come for the money which will change forever the culture and feel of the club  in a desperate pursuit of the alleged Premier league (which is boring)dream.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

I found that part odd aswell, clearly said 9-10k arena?! 

Unless I have missed something, it would be less than half that size.

Most odd.

As for the general sentiment in this thread, I share it. WE WILL NOT PROGRESS WITH THE CURRENT OWNER. Lansdown, please, sell up and go.

I think he was talking more in the sense of for entertainment purposes but still can't see how you'd fit 9k in. You'd lose one stand for a stage so circa 500 seats but then you'll gain standing room. 

Concerts will have a higher capacity than basketball but I can't see it being 9-10k like he mentioned.

Screenshot_20230905_164853.jpg

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

44 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Why the hell do you think City will be relegated?

It's what happens when owners turn off the taps, unless you have a miracle worker as a manager, e.g. see what happened to Ipswich.

Relegation might be stretching it but if the plan is to sell our best players for tons of money, re-invest very little of that i.e. only pay small transfer fees and low wages, and rely on cheap pick ups from leagues one and two plus some out of contract free agents - what do you expect our direction of travel will be?

It's certainly not upwards - which is why I find talk from the owner and CEO that we can, at the same time, challenge for promotion to be farcical. What does he take us for - mugs? 

As for the rugby, I'd say that was 50:50 as their direction of travel has been downwards for a while now with little sign of improvement.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

My ears heard Hoskin speak about the -£28.5m loss in 2021/22. That was BCFC Holdings pre-tax loss. Basically the overall headline operational loss, accounting for player trading. He then asked about the "next" accounts.

So, if Alexander listened to Hoskin, understood him, and answered with logic and in kind, then he's saying that for 22/23 we can expect BCFC Holdings Ltd to report a pre-tax operational loss of circa £20m.

Fair. I think yes he wants us to operate at a lower loss threshold, but he's assuming a certain level of player trading enabling that. That's what you meant by not learning from COVID right? That's what we (and all of football) assumed prior to that, and then the market collapsed. I get that, and have said elsewhere that assuming we can sell a £25m asset even...I don't know...every three years...is madness and isn't true sustainability.

For clarity:

(Excuse the scribbles)

image.thumb.png.74eee20ad25624d720363107741ad59f.png

without the transfer profit our losses will’ve been nigh-on £30m (£28.52m plus £1.26m).

If we look forward to 22/23’s accounts…if everything stayed the same, that £30m loss turns into £21m loss with Semenyo’s sale.  That sounds fine so far.

But, I guess I’m surprised we haven’t done better than that by a reduced wage bill, reduced amortisation costs and some increase revenues from improved attendances.  I was expecting a bigger swing to be honest.

The proof will of course be the accounts.

The comparison of BCFC, AG and Holdings will be an interesting read to see where the increases and reductions appear.

Ta for your thoughts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfcnick said:

I think with SL's plan I will be happy if we can stay in the Championship in the future.Talk of promotion to the Prem is pie in the sky. I hope he is on the way out because  he has no real ambition for the club in a footballing sense. My worry is he will be around long enough to see off Pearson. Without Pearson so little of what has been achieved in the last couple of years would have been possible. Any other decently run club would, as has been said, be signing up NP with a new contract. But not Lansdown. He continues to make one poor decision after another.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Really don't know why some are so disenchanted with how Bristol City is run the club is stable absolutely no real  chance of bankruptcy and going out of business(how would they like no club to support) the only debt it seems is to Steve Lansdown who's unlikely ever to call it in, excellent facilities an academy set up which actually produces players capable of performing well in the  Championship and beyond.a good manager who probably isn't on minimum wage and a squad consisting of  some  good players some very good. Personally I want things to continue with Steve Lansdown  a decent guy who has done so much for the club  it's staggering that some don't appreciate and  acknowledge that. I'd rather be in the Championship or reach the next level following a prudent business model  than someone taking over who spends large sums  on overrated overpaid largely foreign  players   who only come for the money which will change forever the culture and feel of the club  in a desperate pursuit of the alleged Premier league (which is boring)dream.

You sound as though you have full confidence a prudent model guarantees competing as this level or above.

I don’t see a prudent model, I see a model that allowed cost to grow to ridiculous level, and income generation that costs too much for every £1 it brings in.  What I am seeing is the football side being forced to work under a smaller budget, despite cutting costs and generating more income through player sales.

I know the £25m nest-egg has been taken as black and white, and it isn’t that, but if we have to generate £35m of player sales and £4-5m of costs removed through letting players leave to generate £5m of transfer fees and £2m of wages, then very soon we will find we can’t raise enough revenue / cut enough costs to invest in the squad at all, and then…⬇️⬇️⬇️

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's what happens when owners turn off the taps, unless you have a miracle worker as a manager, e.g. see what happened to Ipswich.

Relegation might be stretching it but if the plan is to sell our best players for tons of money, re-invest very little of that i.e. only pay small transfer fees and low wages, and rely on cheap pick ups from leagues one and two plus some out of contract free agents - what do you expect our direction of travel will be?

It's certainly not upwards - which is why I find talk from the owner and CEO that we can, at the same time, challenge for promotion to be farcical. What does he take us for - mugs? 

This is what happens ⬆️⬆️⬆️.  I’m not sure Nige et all is a miracle worker per se, but he’s getting a lot out of his budget as it stands. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For clarity:

(Excuse the scribbles)

image.thumb.png.74eee20ad25624d720363107741ad59f.png

without the transfer profit our losses will’ve been nigh-on £30m (£28.52m plus £1.26m).

If we look forward to 22/23’s accounts…if everything stayed the same, that £30m loss turns into £21m loss with Semenyo’s sale.  That sounds fine so far.

But, I guess I’m surprised we haven’t done better than that by a reduced wage bill, reduced amortisation costs and some increase revenues from improved attendances.  I was expecting a bigger swing to be honest.

The proof will of course be the accounts.

The comparison of BCFC, AG and Holdings will be an interesting read to see where the increases and reductions appear.

Ta for your thoughts.

Thanks. Likewise, I arrived in the mid-high teens on the assumption/projection of a circa 10% improvement in other income or reduction in other costs. If that's not happened then I concur that even after Semenyo's money is booked, and Mehmeti, Cornick and Haikin's are accounted for, landing at £20m loss is likely.

That's the issue, we've presumed, and seemingly Alexander has now implied that those presumptions were optimistic.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

As for the rugby, I'd say that was 50:50 as their direction of travel has been downwards for a while now with little sign of improvement.  

Every club sells players if the fee is right, when everyone is fit City are top 8 so hardly pie in the sky. listen to or read the extracts of the interview  firstly the Scott money isn't the whole amount up front and the anticipated revenue from the potentiel sale was used to fund the 4 and later 5  new signings this transfer window at a cost of £4-5 million if you ever ran a business you would value a prudent business model also the current model is the reason why City have one of the  best academy set ups in the country regularly supplying the first team with players (and some damn good players).

• Facepalm 3

20 hours ago, eardun said:

Isn’t that part of the problem though - he’s backed previous regimes too much and that got us nowhere. Hence why he’s now swinging the other way. 

This -

Now going to the other extreme! 

Why is he doing this at the worst possible moment - the moment we have a manager whom is actually capable of achieving Premier League football???

Whatever that plan is it sure don't involve getting promotion.

Maybe Steve's trying to show Nigel he really IS king of the bonkers!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Every club sells players if the fee is right, when everyone is fit City are top 8 so hardly pie in the sky. listen to or read the extracts of the interview  firstly the Scott money isn't the whole amount up front and the anticipated revenue from the potentiel sale was used to fund the 4 and later 5  new signings this transfer window at a cost of £4-5 million if you ever ran a business you would value a prudent business model also the current model is the reason why City have one of the  best academy set ups in the country regularly supplying the first team with players (and some damn good players).

First bit, yes.

Who says we are “top 8?” We have only played 5 bloody games.

We know the money isn’t up front, but Alexander is now saying the plan all along was to sign those 4 players for about £4.5m because we knew Scott was being sold & SL was only a guarantor if that didn’t actually happen.
What sort of a plan is that? Spend £4.5m & get whatever up front for Scott to cover, clearly a darn sight more.

Bloody good job about the Academy too because it is obvious now that even after taking a significant amount off the wage bill & being at least £25m up on transfer fees this year, we couldn’t even field a team let alone have our tiny squad otherwise.

It all makes little sense to me still.

• Like 9
  • Flames 6

I personally think SL obsession with the so called sporting quarter has overtaken his desire for us as a football club to get to the promised land ,don’t get me wrong the stadium the hpc getting rugby to the gate the new arena hotel basketball etc etc is very impressive when it’s all up and running but at what cost to Bristol city football club .

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

First bit, yes.

Who says we are “top 8?” We have only played 5 bloody games.

We know the money isn’t up front, but Alexander is now saying the plan all along was to sign those 4 players for about £4.5m because we knew Scott was being sold & SL was only a guarantor if that didn’t actually happen.
What sort of a plan is that? Spend £4.5m & get whatever up front for Scott to cover, clearly a darn sight more.

Bloody good job about the Academy too because it is obvious now that even after taking a significant amount off the wage bill & being at least £25m up on transfer fees this year, we couldn’t even field a team let alone have our tiny squad otherwise.

It all makes little sense to me still.

One that appears to have changed from what was communicated by different people at different levels over time.

I can quite happily get my head around SL not wanting to bail the club out to £20m losses each year.

I can quite happily get my head around SL wanting the club to be less reliant on him for Cashflow.

But it’s the “eff it, we are doing it now, this season, lock, stock and barrel.

Again, if he’d said he’s going use the Scott money over 3 (or even 2) seasons to reduce his need to prop us up, I could see that.  It just feels like a sledgehammer of austerity.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

I personally think SL obsession with the so called sporting quarter has overtaken his desire for us as a football club to get to the promised land ,don’t get me wrong the stadium the hpc getting rugby to the gate the new arena hotel basketball etc etc is very impressive when it’s all up and running but at what cost to Bristol city football club .

At least some of that revenue should benefit the club. Possibly  not the basketball but much of the rest?

Could we change rent to the Flyers as another small revenue stream.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At least some of that revenue should benefit the club. Possibly  not the basketball but much of the rest?

Could we change rent to the Flyers as another small revenue stream.

I'm not sure how it will benefit us? Isn't it Esteban investments who own the land of the development and who will be financing the development? 

I think I remember someone saying that Esteban is a sister company to Ashton Gate Ltd? 

I guess it's possible that upon completion it all gets merged into Ashton Gate Ltd but I don't know? 

23 minutes ago, redkev said:

The Sporting Quarter is basically meaningless unless Coty are near top of zprem

Remember all those years back the model for BS, according to SL, was Barcelona. Um!