IGNORED

What is going on?

Jerseybean

33 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

The people who host the forum had a problem and their entire infrastructure went down.

People are finally seeing Pearson's multiple failures as a manager because the people defending him can't really fall back on it being Johnson and Ashton's fault any more 

No. The fault lies further up.

Which you refuse to see.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

I’m seeking some genuine clarification via this post please.

As it happens yesterday the forum was unavailable then today it’s full of rumours and conspiracies about the demise of Nigel Pearson.

These are the two primary questions I have, what has happened and why has it happened now?

I’m aware that some people have linked the failure to secure Adam Murphy and the fact that LJ is now unemployed to the rumors that NP is to be shown in the door, but I really don’t get it and would appreciate anybody helping me to do so.

In a nutshell when IMO he has done such a solid job in creating a sustainable and professional culture, cut the wage bill, recruited wisely and on a limited budget, developed young players, and so on, would we ever want to replace him with somebody else? The only explanation I have to why this would happen would be if he didn’t want to continue when his current contract expires.

Perhaps I am missing the point big time but I would really appreciate any insights into why these rumors are so rife at this particular time.

Thank you in anticipation.

Imo , conspiracy theories & rumours created on here due to a bit of uncertainty , created by a poor start at home . Plus there seems to some frustration that we’re not in for any new players when it’s pretty clear we still need a couple . The shambles with the kits probably hasn’t helped , 
we also know SL has been talking to prospective buyers . 
mix all that together and this is what we get. A couple more poor results & I can see some fans turning. But it’ll turn on the lansdowns this time . But we all know what happens when the board has pressure put on it. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Imo , conspiracy theories & rumours created on here due to a bit of uncertainty , created by a poor start at home . Plus there seems to some frustration that we’re not in for any new players when it’s pretty clear we still need a couple . The shambles with the kits probably hasn’t helped , 
mix all that together and this is what we get. A couple more poor results & I can see some fans turning. But it’ll turn on the lansdowns this time . But we all know what happens when the board has pressure put on it. 

I think that it is less due to the uncertainty and more due to the owner's history.

But other than that, I think your post is pretty spot on.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, 22A said:

Presumably some people accessed this forum. I couldn't get on yesterday, but today there were seven comment and like notifications for me.

The whole forum was offline with problems beyond the data system 

Not sure what link the OP was trying to make, OTIB has gone offline before and it will happen again 

Simply nothing to see here 

I think it’s very likely that Nige is in his final season with us. I don’t see him doing anything other than a professional job in terms of the playing side but interviews will get more and more interesting as the season goes on. It’s then over to Steve, John and Phil to come up with another one of the clubs cunning plans. In fact we’d be better off leaving it to ******* Baldrick to pick our next Manager in my view……..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Some of us have been saying for weeks that there would be no additional funds after sales, but many laughed these comments off 

There's really nothing to see here 

I just don't get this level of reaction after 4 league games and 6 games total. It's crazy! 

If you really think the performances and results after that number of games are indicative of how the whole season will play out then 1. I think you are wrong, but 2. You should also be considering how the teams we have played are doing. 

Preston, we drew - they are 5th (joint on points with the team in 2nd). If they had beaten us they would be joint top. 

Oxford Utd, we won - they are top of the league 1 and we beat them 5-1 

Millwall, we won - they are 11th and 1 point ahead of us. 

Birmingham, we lost - they are 3rd (joint on points with the team in 2nd). - we were terrible in this game

Hull, we drew - they are 8th 2 points ahead of use and 3 off second place. - We should have won this game - their own fans thought we could have had 3-4 goals.

Norwich, we lost they are 2nd. 

Our three worst performances are against the team's joint 2nd and one of those we drew.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I think it’s very likely that Nige is in his final season with us. I don’t see him doing anything other than a professional job in terms of the playing side but interviews will get more and more interesting as the season goes on. It’s then over to Steve, John and Phil to come up with another one of the clubs cunning plans. In fact we’d be better off leaving it to ******* Baldrick to pick our next Manager in my view……..

I would like to hear Tony Robinson's views on the matter.

Unless, of course, he is Top Robin.

1 minute ago, BCFC Rich said:

I just don't get this level of reaction after 4 league games and 6 games total. It's crazy! 

If you really think the performances and results after that number of games are indicative of how the whole season will play out then 1. I think you are wrong, but 2. You should also be considering how the teams we have played are doing. 

Preston, we drew - they are 5th (joint on points with the team in 2nd). If they had beaten us they would be joint top. 

Birmingham, we lost - they are 3rd (joint on points with the team in 2nd). - we were terrible in this game

Hull, we drew - they are 8th 2 points ahead of use and 3 off second place. - We should have won this game - their own fans thought we could have had 3-4 goals.

Our three worst performances are against the team's joint 2nd and one of those we drew.

I totally agree with you. But to play devil's advocate, this early in the season, one of the reasons that they are joint second is because they did well against us. 

But yes. Bedwetters out early.

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

Nope it was offline between 10:15am yesterday and 1:45am today.   Caused by a power fault way beyond our infrastructure in Newport.   Unfortunately little could do about it.  Will hopefully be less of an issue in few weeks time when forum moves 

There is more that you could do if OTIB is down:

If this platform wasn't working you could've invited us all to your house so that we shout our opinions on the Norwich game at you ?‍♂️

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You can just imagine it ...

'I’m I jumping the gun, Jon, or are the words “I have a cunning plan” marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

The people who enjoy moaning are out in force  as they always would be but I get the impression that there are a fair few more balanced posters who were looking forward to this season, heard the comments from our Owner recently and the poor form is not helping the general mood around the place.

• Like 3

Whilst I have been underwhelmed by Pearson performance and entertainment wise since his appointment, what is without doubt is his professionalism, he seems to be the face of Bristol City at the moment, appears to have minimal backing, and is fronting our club pretty much single handidly.

I remember the first few years of back in the championship and in particular the season we beat Man Utd, and Steve and Jon Lansdown made regular appearances on Sky sports and local news and seemed to enjoy the limelight they were getting.

They appear to have left Pearson to front it out on his own which is very poor form.

• Like 12
  • Flames 7

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I thought this was going to be: 'Question as per title', and was going to answer 'I'm watching Pointless.'

Not sure there's much to see here @Jerseybean, it's just that because the owner is refusing to back NP when we clearly need some extra quality, people are drawing conclusions.

Yes, you can imagine SL and MA if LJ were still here..............." are you sure £25m is enough, here, have a few mill. more !"

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Whilst I have been underwhelmed by Pearson performance and entertainment wise since his appointment, what is without doubt is his professionalism, he seems to be the face of Bristol City at the moment, appears to have minimal backing, and is fronting our club pretty much single handidly.

I remember the first few years of back in the championship and in particular the season we beat Man Utd, and Steve and Jon Lansdown made regular appearances on Sky sports and local news and seemed to enjoy the limelight they were getting.

They appear to have left Pearson to front it out on his own which is very poor form.

The entertainment overall (not the last few games) has-been a massive improvement on most of the Lee Johnson era.

The last two paragraphs are my post of the day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

The entertainment overall (not the last few games) has-been a massive improvement on most of the Lee Johnson era.

The last two paragraphs are my post of the day.

11 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

And there is the rub for me. 

I will say again. Lansdown is in it for the adoration. That is why he will only back managers that are less popular with the fanbase than himself.

40 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I totally agree with you. But to play devil's advocate, this early in the season, one of the reasons that they are joint second is because they did well against us. 

But yes. Bedwetters out early.

If they wern't it wouldn't be OTIB would it? I prefer to think back to where Luton & Coventry were this time last season

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

ran out of likes so have a Michael Buble Bubly Water GIF by bubly

48 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Agree. On current paper , looks like we've had a tough opening to the season. Time will tell. 

Swansea have had a desperate start so we should pick up 3 points there if the early table isn't lying.

Edited by OldlandReddies

52 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

With that all happening lts only going to come back to the board this isn't nige's fault this is down to the board and owner.

Soon as the board have fans turn on them its down hill from there.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1