IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

Not sure what SLs agenda is but I've been feeling this all summer and in the last weeks been proved right. The squad is considerably weaker than the start of last season yes wage bill cut and money made on transfers . But replacements nowhere near the quality of what we lost some not even replaced We lost CM ,JD, TK,,HNM, ASe, ASc .Replaced by HC ,AM, JK,,RD , HR.. Lessons to be learned by clubs who asset strip year on year you run out of hidden gems . Southampton have just found out to their cost . Wimbledon did it  Coventry many others over the years in football now you stand still you go backwards . We are going backwards to try and stand still will not work in the long run . Can't help but feel we the fans have had our pants pulled down this summer with incomings and outgoings . We were told plan a no need to sell Scott , plan b for life after Scott targets identified money to be spent on strengthening . Plan c was announced as a wage limit which we have reached . Funny this wasn't mentioned start of the summer when season tickets went on sale . Only after the season started . I have every respect for what SL has done for this club . But really don't like what is being done and policy the club is following

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, tin said:

If anyone has “imposed” a wage budget, it’s SL who has imposed it on NP and those are the restraints he works under. 

2 different things, budget will have been set and agreed at the start of the season as happens within any business, NP would have agreed and made his points towards this, and relates to the comments made by NP about we are up to our wage budget so would not allow us to bring in many players. We sold AS who would have been on a moderate wage so did not free up much, we have brought in some others, so don't have much wages budget left, unless its agreed he can over spend.

I mentioned a wages cap, NP although working to clear up the mess of LJ / MA, has always talked about removing the high earners and wanting some parity in the dressing room, its about building that togetherness and team spirt, which is difficult when you have very high earners and low earners and people who think they should be the top earner. It becomes an issue when signing players or agreeing (Zac's case) new contracts, but if you break it the the likes of Nakki or Weimann who agreed reductions will be saying WTF

1 hour ago, marmite said:

I think Jons role is to report to Steve because Steve has to spend so much time out of the country. Jon is the messenger boy imo.

Steve doesn't have to spend that long out of the country. It's 180 days, just half the year, I've lived like that myself and in this day and age of video calls and email it doesn't really change much. Even less so if you've also got private jets, multiple residences and essentially unlimited funds (I hasten to add that I have/had none of these things).

Personally, I think he wants a figurehead. I honestly believe that Steve thinks that by having his son and heir Jon on the board it shows us fans that he is connected to the club and cares about it. I think it's more about symbolism than communication, and it's sorely misjudged.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

The sale of Alex Scott does seem to have dented the confidence of the team and the fans. A signing would help to improve the ambience around Ashton Gate, or some communication of the strategy from the top. If SL is creating headroom for an investor then he can tell us and it might buy some patience.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

I wonder if Steve is fed up with the money he has given to Nigel who has wasted it on Rubbish players  and said that’s enough until the next bloke walks through the door next season 

One of the most clueless posts I’ve read in a while, and it’s got plenty of competition 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the Official Site:

Chairman - Jon Lansdown 

Duties - fannying around with Fever Pitch or Kits or anything that means he doesn’t have to do the role of Chairman, ultimately wishing his dad would hurry up and sell-up so he can legitimately bugger off to Bermuda.

And Jon Lansdown is supposed to be the Chairman FFS! Shambles.

The last thing you do before you sell a football club is pump shit loads of money into it. That’s what we’re seeing here. I’m not surprised he’s fed up of spaffing his own personal fortune. But by the same measure, it’s his own fault. He when shit or bust on Lee Johnson and now we’re suffering the bust. 

Would I be worried if SL left tomorrow? No.  
Will I be unnecessarily rude about him? No. 

It appears OTIB is out-OTIBing itself tonight. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

I wonder if Steve is fed up with the money he has given to Nigel who has wasted it on Rubbish players  and said that’s enough until the next bloke walks through the door next season 

The only money he’s probably given him is the funding from Semenyo, where a lot of that was spent this summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well I for one am grateful that someone has brought this subject up to allow it to be a topic of discussion. I can’t recall any threads that looked at SLs stewardship and funding of the club/players in the last 24 hours. Bravo!

Exactly this, SD. And to make it worse these threads are now becoming nothing like discussion, more just an excuse to hurl a load of abuse at SL, and occasionally each other. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

2 different things, budget will have been set and agreed at the start of the season as happens within any business,

The budget for this season was supposedly agreed in March and that was based on Scott staying for the whole season. Most businesses have forecasts or projections, so surely we would have had one budget if Scott stayed and another increased budget if he left. That is basic business planning.

NP would have agreed and made his points towards this, and relates to the comments made by NP about we are up to our wage budget so would not allow us to bring in many players. We sold AS who would have been on a moderate wage so did not free up much, we have brought in some others, so don't have much wages budget left, unless its agreed he can over spend.

It stands to reason that Scott was a low earner, hence why we have no room in this strict wage budget to bring anyone in, not even 18-year-old Adam Murphy from St Pat’s. 

I mentioned a wages cap, NP although working to clear up the mess of LJ / MA, has always talked about removing the high earners and wanting some parity in the dressing room, its about building that togetherness and team spirt, which is difficult when you have very high earners and low earners and people who think they should be the top earner. It becomes an issue when signing players or agreeing (Zac's case) new contracts, but if you break it the the likes of Nakki or Weimann who agreed reductions will be saying WTF

Nothing against wage parity; but there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t expand the wage budget to bring in players on comparable wages to those already here. Naismith or James are probably top earners, so why can’t we bring in players on their wages? That way we have the depth without upsetting the squad harmony. We have the money and the buck stops with SL. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Edited by tin

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What’s that got to do with your idea that we’ve signed useless players under NP . Clueless , lazy & ignorant statement . 

I don’t know if you saw it, but you taking on that statement is a little bit like watching Prince Naseem’s son’s debut at the weekend. 

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Get out of our club!!!!!

25 million in his pocket from selling our best player and no one else coming on :( he’s lost interest and is taking us to league one 

Sadly this is post is correct. I will never publicly criticise Steve L but it’s evident he’s pulling up the drawbridge now. Our side can only survive in the Championship. It cannot compete as our squad is so lacking in genuine quality 

34 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The last thing you do before you sell a football club is pump shit loads of money into it. That’s what we’re seeing here. I’m not surprised he’s fed up of spaffing his own personal fortune. But by the same measure, it’s his own fault. He when shit or bust on Lee Johnson and now we’re suffering the bust. 

Would I be worried if SL left tomorrow? No.  
Will I be unnecessarily rude about him? No. 

It appears OTIB is out-OTIBing itself tonight. 

I think it’s exactly this; but SL has been hoisted by his own petard here. 

42 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

He has a big interest in fever pitch, the company that does all of Bristol sports media imagery. 

take a Google of it, 

It’s his in-house (In-house Bristol Sport I believe) creative “baby”.

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/meet-the-team

I think it’s the thing he really enjoys.

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

I imagine threads like this are generally an example of the loudest rarely representing the majority...

I’ve said a number of times that when people declare sweeping statements about our fans opinions that OTIB represents a very, very small monitory of views. 

Of all the City fans I know, whether they go or not, local or not, only two of them even know this forum exists. 

That said, in OTIB universe, making the statements about SL (myself included) we’ve seen this week would never have occurred a few years ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s his in-house (In-house Bristol Sport I believe) creative “baby”.

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/meet-the-team

I think it’s the thing he really enjoys.

I’m Jon and I’m responsible for the creation of Fever Pitch. You’ll usually find me watching our sports teams and spending time with the family. Failing that, I’ll be thinking about our next creative concepts and be putting dogs in football shirts…

————

misses any point there about spending time running a football club!

• Like 1

I'm intrigued to hear what he has to say - and I think we should all chill a bit until we hear some justification. At the end of the day, love or hate his ownership style, this is very out of character for the guy who has previously completely backed us when legally possible, for good or for bad. I know he doesn't speak often, but I'm sure it will happen at some point, and there must be a reason for this happening. It seems very unlike his previous ownership style.

Similarly, the hysteria over the possibility of LJ coming back is purely people whinging for the sake of whinging. The only evidence of that happening is the fact that LJ has been sacked from another club, which is just ridiculous, and peak OTIB. I don't for one minute imagine that he would be brought back here.

It's frustrating, but it's also out of character, so I'm very intrigued to hear what might come out in the future.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 2