IGNORED

England

E.G.Red

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I think he was last season. Had an unbelievable season. Depends how long players have to show it for in order to be world class. The most obvious is Bellingham. Already world class 

Agreed, he was good last year. However, to become world class you need to have more than 1 unbelievable season. 

Bellingham isn't quite there yet, but he will be soon. Great talent. 

It just exemplifies the talent in this squad. 

Just now, Ecko said:

Agreed, he was good last year. However, to become world class you need to have more than 1 unbelievable season. 

Bellingham isn't quite there yet, but he will be soon. Great talent. 

It just exemplifies the talent in this squad. 

Do you?  Problem is that world class means different things to different people . How many ‘world class’ players are there? 20? 30? 40? 50?

All very subjective. 

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Do you?  Problem is that world class means different things to different people . How many ‘world class’ players are there? 20? 30? 40? 50?

All very subjective. 

Is world class the top bar is the question,were Messi and Ronaldo world class and everyone else bellow them just very good or we’re they above it 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I just think Southgate has gotten lazy. It's like he cannot be bothered to scout or make new friends or something. Just call up the old boys each time. Much easier.

Henderson should be out for both football and non-football reasons.

Maguire...I mean the mind just boggles.

I personally think it sets a poor example of be a squad player or take the money in a poor league and be selected. If Maguire knew he wouldn’t be picked for England being a bench warmer for Utd would he have gone to West Ham?

Considering our other results so far, a point here isn’t a bad result at all……however, Southgate starting Henderson (i can understand Maguire to an extent) & flogging Saka, then bringing on the absolute fraud that is Gallagher probably shows that he is an extremely limited coach. Can’t make a case for him being dismissed, but i dont think he has the tactical nous to make the changes required to win a final.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Considering our other results so far, a point here isn’t a bad result at all……however, Southgate starting Henderson (i can understand Maguire to an extent) & flogging Saka, then bringing on the absolute fraud that is Gallagher probably shows that he is an extremely limited coach. Can’t make a case for him being dismissed, but i dont think he has the tactical nous to make the changes required to win a final.

I think he's blessed with some very good players, however I don't think he's suddenly become a tactical genius he's always been a fairly limited coach. Just happens to work for England right now.

• Like 1

It must be difficult having to concentrate on playing football when you know that back home people are living in fear, not knowing if familiar buildings from their childhood are going to be still standing come tomorrow, or just a pile of rubble and twisted steel.

Still, I expected England to be much better than they were...

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I'm a Southgate supporter. I'm not down with those who just want him out regardless of what we do. Living in some magical world where there's this super coach we should be employing instead, but he really didn't help himself tonight by playing Maguire (not playing for his club) and Henderson (playing in retirement league). 

Saying that i put a lot of the blame on today's last lustre performance on the players. Too many poor performances.

Edited by Show Me The Money!

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

I'm a Southgate supporter. I'm not down with those who just want him out regardless of what we do. Living in some magical world where there's this super coach we should be employing instead, but he really didn't help himself tonight by playing Maguire (not playing for his club and Henderson (playing in retirement league). 

Saying that i put a lot of the blame on today's last lustre performance on the players. Too many poor performances.

The scapegoating , jump on , and noise around Maguire is tedious

IMHO he had a decent game and a better performance than some of his much acclaimed team mates 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'll take a point but England were to slow in passing the ball. Will need to do much better if England are to beat the Scots. They are on a roll and are not to be underestimated. 

Yep, a point is fine but the way Southgate goes about it reeks of caution for me. Playing Henderson and Rice for the whole 90 and bringing on Gallagher for Saka near the end tells you everything about the general mindset of the management/coaching staff.

• Like 1

The Maguire selection was understandable given that Stones and Mings are out and he wants an experienced figure in there. Him not playing for his club isn't a situation that can continue long term though and to be fair Southgate has said as much.

Absolutely wouldn't have started Henderson though. That smacks of him being picked to justify his inclusion in the squad.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The Maguire selection was understandable given that Stones and Mings are out and he wants an experienced figure in there. Him not playing for his club isn't a situation that can continue long term though and to be fair Southgate has said as much.

Absolutely wouldn't have started Henderson though. That smacks of him being picked to justify his inclusion in the squad.

People won’t like it , but , especially considering his England performances , other than Stones I can’t see a better centre back to pick as it stands 

Mings nowhere near him , or International class ,IMHO 

• Like 1