E.G.Red

14 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ramsdale

Walker Stones Maguire Chilwell

Rice Bellingham 

Foden Grealish Saka

Kane

Very good, very nice. 

Pickford for me still, even Arsenal are considering changing Ramsdale. Personally I don't get the hype and didn't cover himself in glory in that abysmal Nations league game against Hungary.

13 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Maguire. One of these days he'll be exposed like he has been at domestic level.

And Bellingham's wasted that deep. So are we brave or good enough to play some sort of 4-1-4-1?

But like @WolfOfWestStreet says, it's time to be winning something.

Or is this 1970 all over again - a brilliant team that wins nowt

Is Lindelof/Shaw better than Maguire at centre-back?   How has Maguire been exposed compared to every other defender in the Premiership that comes up against Man City?

I don't believe players who aren't playing for their clubs should be picked for England but regarding Maguire I do think he is a better centre-back option than both Lindelof or Shaw at Man Utd.  Even Martinez has looked rubbish this season and he is a WC winner.

15 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ramsdale

Walker Stones Maguire Chilwell

Rice Bellingham 

Foden Grealish Saka

Kane

Very good, very nice. 

Think you have to get Maddison in there the way he's started the season for either Foden or Grealish. 

I'm a big Grealish fan but think Foden has started the season better so would start with him left, Saka right and Maddison in the midfield 3. Playing Maddison, Bellingham, Saka and Foden allows Kane to drop deeper if he wants as well because all 4 of those can get in behind him. Ramsdale is still behind Pickford for me at the moment too.

Hope Stones stays fit and Colwill really kicks on this year as our potential 11 for the Euro's could be fantastic, sadly we'll end up with a midfield 3 of Rice, Phillips and Henderson though...

• Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Think you have to get Maddison in there the way he's started the season for either Foden or Grealish. 

I'm a big Grealish fan but think Foden has started the season better so would start with him left, Saka right and Maddison in the midfield 3. Playing Maddison, Bellingham, Saka and Foden allows Kane to drop deeper if he wants as well because all 4 of those can get in behind him. Ramsdale is still behind Pickford for me at the moment too.

Hope Stones stays fit and Colwill really kicks on this year as our potential 11 for the Euro's could be fantastic, sadly we'll end up with a midfield 3 of Rice, Phillips and Henderson though...

No way will Southgate leave Bellingham out. Phillips has barely played and Henderson has already basically retired. I hope he goes with Alexander-Arnold in midfield. Along with Rice that would be an exciting midfield trio

13 hours ago, Superjack said:

When did he win that? 

Pele must be spinning.

Difficult to compare Messi with Pele really.

Pele played nearly all his career for Santos in Brazil (583 appearances and 569 goals according to Wiki) so didn't get to see a lot of him other than playing for Brazil. Messi we see often given the access to media these days so I'd say Messi is the best I've seen. 

I don't think there's been an English player anywhere near those two.

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Difficult to compare Messi with Pele really.

Pele played nearly all his career for Santos in Brazil (583 appearances and 569 goals according to Wiki) so didn't get to see a lot of him other than playing for Brazil. Messi we see often given the access to media these days so I'd say Messi is the best I've seen. 

I don't think there's been an English player anywhere near those two.

Tony Dinning up until he got his contract , 

once he got his contract - Jesus ???