IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

Terrible situation for NP to be put in by SL do we not have a highly paid fans liason guy somewhere in the bowels of Ashton Gate? would be 2 fingers up at the lot of them if I was NP and back home to his family, many fans fears confirmed; matter of time now tic,toc.

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's quite literally like we're back in August 2015 with Steve Cotterill making exactly the same noises Nige is now.

It's extraordinary how time and time again history repeats itself under Steve Lansdown.

It certainly feels that way.

Anyway, a few words from JL, PA, or SL would alleviate matters a bit - where the **** are they ? Are they tone deaf ?

Whatever, NP is playing this very astutely.

• Like 3

Gould was better tbh. He explained issues to come in January 2022, explained how we were hoping for clemency along with some others, declared that maybe we could take a points deduction instead of selling key players. I know that was always a bit of a bluff.

It's not for NP to explain, he can touch upon some of the issue sure but where are the hierarchy exactly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wtf said:

Terrible situation for NP to be put in by SL do we not have a highly paid fans liason guy somewhere in the bowels of Ashton Gate? would be 2 fingers up at the lot of them if I was NP and back home to his family, many fans fears confirmed; matter of time now tic,toc.

Don’t think the fan liaison is best suited to answer questions about this, it’s way above his pay grade 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

It certainly feels that way.

Anyway, a few words from JL, PA, or SL would alleviate matters a bit - where the **** are they ? Are they tone deaf ?

Whatever, NP is playing this very astutely.

The club are surely aware of all the noise about the lack of communication and yet still they continue to remain silent and for me that in itself speaks volumes. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Away from the conditions Nige is having to do the job in, it’s a disgrace that he’s the one that has to go out and try answering questions about FFP/wage bills/budgets. 

He’s the the manager of the football team, not the CEO or Director of Football or Chairman or owner. Even Richard Gould, who I liked, seemed to leave it up to Nige to have to endlessly try and explain to people the absolute mess we were in. You even see it with this issue around loans, Nige is the one explaining how expensive PL youngsters on loan are and how we can’t afford them, and then that ends up with people criticising Nige for being stubborn in not wanting loans. Joke.

Press conferences with managers should be pretty boring to be honest (any knocks Nige?) rather than the only way the club communicates with the fans.

Partly because we have a chairman who for all his privilege has to be about as poor a public speaker as you can get.

Literally can’t get full sentences out without stumbling over his words.

What a waste of money that expensive education was.

As for the chirpy Cockney CEO, I thought people from that part of the world loved the attention, so here’s your big chance, pal.

Get in front of a microphone & tell us what’s going on.

• Like 6

Just now, GrahamC said:

Partly because we have a chairman who for all his privilege has to be about as poor a public speaker as you can get.

As for the chirpy Cockney CEO, I thought people from that part of the world loved the attention, so here’s your big chance, pal.

To be fair, his old man isn't much better at it, so it obviously runs in the family.

• Like 6
  • Flames 5

1 minute ago, BarnzFM said:

Don’t think the fan liaison is best suited to answer questions about this, it’s way above his pay grade 

yes I know point is its not NP`s job, Steve and Jon must be here beach vacation GIF

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I know he’s a bit marmite but Simon Jordan slags him off quite a bit in his book. Paints him as bit of a self serving chancer. I can’t think why that would appeal to Lansdown…

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

A stale rudderless football club currently. 

It's a sorry state. Rudderless great way to put it.

Seems to just be drifting, meandering at best. Treading water a bit..even if we are in a bit of a frustrating phase though the radio silence is deafening and I really feel for NP. Not only is he not being backed financially as he should be, he is having to front up for it all his bosses are MIA.

• Like 1

Isn't he just saying what we already know?

Budgets been set and we're at the ceiling.

Were not bringing anyone in after selling Scott.

The budget is set by the hierarchy above him so he's not the person to ask on why.

He'll keep cracking on regardless as his job is the football.

What's he said that's new?

By the way I definitely think we need to up that budget and get in a couple of players on reasonable wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yeah well to be honest, both him and father are both so appalling at answering any sort of question that nothing will be achieved by either of them doing an interview, but still, while hearing from Nige is always preferable to them, it’s just plain unfair he has to do it.

As you say, any danger of the CEO explaining whats going on and why.

• Like 4

This latest thread, has pissed me off. Brought a bit of anger in me. The money we spend and the emotional attachment to the club is deep. Well it is from me. And to hear nothing apart from the manager, speaks volumes of how much the owner of this club gives a shit. 

Sorry for the rant folks but it’s struck a nerve 

• Like 4
  • Flames 7

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For me, the major thing is the lack of transparency and honesty about where we are. If Steve or Jon Lansdown, or the CEO, came out and said "we're trying to make the club sustainable and we're not going to spend money. We think our squad is good enough to finish mid-table and that's our expectation but we're not going to fund a promotion push" then, disappointing though it would be, I could respect the position.

What I can't respect is making noises about promotion being the expectation and constantly hinting at disappointment in the manager for not achieving perceived targets and leaving the manager alone to answer questions about the lack of spending. If we can't spend the Scott money for a good reason, fine, but the CEO should be fronting that decision and explaining it to the fans - not leaving the manager to take the flak. That's just shitty behaviour in any profession. 

I wonder what that would do the current squad psychology? I would worry that if that's all you expect, that's all you'll get. To me we have been unlucky with two injuries, and as frustrating as that is, I don't quite see why people think we should just keep buying players to cover every eventuality. 

Personally, I think the reason for the negativity is more about the selling of Scott in the first place, rather than the lack of replacements to get excited about. It feel like a death in the family or something.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Quite shocked with the vitriol in that.....not your finest post

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

To be fair, his old man isn't much better at it, so it obviously runs in the family.

Nice

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Isn't he just saying what we already know?

Budgets been set and we're at the ceiling.

Were not bringing anyone in after selling Scott.

The budget is set by the hierarchy above him so he's not the person to ask on why.

He'll keep cracking on regardless as his job is the football.

What's he said that's new?

By the way I definitely think we need to up that budget and get in a couple of players on reasonable wages.

What Nigel clearly can’t get his head around is you build budgets based on what you think your income is likely going to be over the accounting period. We did that in March. Since then we have made a player sale that trumps any other single income stream and yet the budget remains at its original level (and presumably the targets despite having reduced assets).

• Like 4

Not shocked. Feel for NP having to be the front for this.

All we can do is get behind our lads and the coaching staff and try make a good run of this season and hope it doesn't fall off rather quickly. Take it game by game, sort the home form out and it could be an enjoyable season.

With the constrictions, squad size, injuries and reliance on youth we're gunna be in for a tough season but every season in this division has its ups and downs.

Save the frustration for the higher ups, it's their choices that have led to this and it's been coming for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I know his admirers will point to the new stands and training ground, but folk don't go to football matches to admire the architecture or upholstery. Bottom line is that no one compelled Steve Lansdown to buy the whole club - make it his club - run it unimpressively for two decades, lose millions, win next to nothing, tack on a rugby club and basketball club (basketball!!), hand it over to his unimpressive son, disappear into tax exile...

Its a high profile entertainment business, the Lansdowns appear to have no flair for either publicity or entertainment. Sad times - yet again.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2