IGNORED

Zac Vyner

Red Army 75

Despite the obvious attempt to put this news out to distract from an inactive transfer deadline day....very happy with this news, well deserved based on the last 12 months progress. He's matured into a solid, consistent, injury free CB with plenty of Championship experience. Would have cost us plenty to replace so I hope he's got the contract he deserves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

So when we get bad news it’s take a pop at the owner, but when we get good news it’s also take a pop at the owner. That’s the problem with having an agenda. A great signing on deadline day all the same. 

Sorry Johnny, I will always love you for the Massengo rumour... but I think you're getting the optics wrong on this one. Extending the contract of Zac Vyner should absolutely not give Lansdown a get out of jail free card. If the owner has been negligent (which has been debated endlessly), then an overdue contract renewal changes nothing. Now, you might be more sympathetic to the owner than other people, but your framing of good news bad news doesn't really work.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry Johnny, I will always love you for the Massengo rumour... but I think you're getting the optics wrong on this one. Extending the contract of Zac Vyner should absolutely not give Lansdown a get out of jail free card. If the owner has been negligent (which has been debated endlessly), then an overdue contract renewal changes nothing. Now, you might be more sympathetic to the owner than other people, but your framing of good news bad news doesn't really work.

No problem with people criticising the owner for what he does wrong but using every thread as a bat to beat him with seems unreasonable. It’s been so toxic on here of late that I think some of us just want to enjoy a bit of good news without a discussion about the owner. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

No problem with people criticising the owner for what he does wrong but using every thread as a bat to beat him with seems unreasonable. It’s been so toxic on here of late that I think some of us just want to enjoy a bit of good news without a discussion about the owner. 

Hey, OTIB is all about wild emotional rabbit holes, as you should know better than anyone!

Good for him. Well deserved. I always felt he had the ability, but had massive question marks over his mentality and I hope he can build on last season. 

It’s an interesting one. You would think given the lack of ambition we’ve shown since the sale of Scott, that it might have put him off signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Good news, real news, sign of a largely happy work force. Great to have you stay Zac, in spite of the sh1t you've had over the years. Best of luck, let's hope for some happier fans pulling in the same direction, in spite of the restrictions on spending. 

To be honest. he deserved some of the shit, and the big story about Zak Vyner - and what makes him cherishable - is how he pulled himself around from a slightly below average defender, at risk of being jettisoned to a lower division, to a rock-solid Championship performer.

He did that by wanting to prove the haters wrong, rather than crumbling under pressure. 

He improved himself. 

Glad he's with us. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, James54De said:

Raises the mood, absolutely. 

but probably more so in Channel Isles when hes sold for 10-20m to Bournemouth/Spurs/Brighton in the next window or so........anyway hes here...for now.

9 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

He  may well have done what does it matter I read it and thought good news fully deserved with the performances over the last 12 months you however have to be negative , regarding what the club think of the fans it's probably something like they're so bloody miserable and negative about everything why the hell do they bother with it.

That’s quite a dangerous outlook to have when they want our money every week! Sounds really stupid and petty to me.