IGNORED

JET, JET will tear you apart

CiderJar

22 hours ago, Lew-T said:

The night game v Port Vale sticks in my memory. We won 5-0 I think and JET scored a free kick at EastEnd, I just remember the keeper looking helpless on the deck when it went in.

He was some player!

I can remember that one

The cheer from the Dolman was a bit delayed, at least where I was because it looked like the ball had landed on the roof of the net

It was the East End cheering that confirmed it went in 

23 hours ago, Nickybee said:

I remember him spanking one in away at Shrewsbury when we won while trying to avoid the drop from L1 under Cotts (believe it was Cotts anyway). 

Think I recall it because I was right behind it & it would have probably hit me if the net wasn’t there ⚽

He was terrible that game, just strolled around like he couldn’t be arsed. I remember saying to my mate, “ what a ******* lazy bastard”! As I said it , he picked the ball up and smashed it into the top corner from 30 yards!!!

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Absolute class act, what I would give for us to have some Xfactor right now like JET! He made a big mistake leaving us for QPR. Silly all around. 

He was allegedly on a gurt big contract at Ipswich and they subsidised his wages when he signed for us.  So for us to to sign him in the Champ he’d have wanted too much.

From my point of view, I agree, he made a mistake.

That season in League 1 under SO’D there was only one thing that kept me coming back each home game and that was JET. Worth the ticket price alone, and so many games before Christmas 2013 where he saved us with a goal out of nothing. Yes he could seem “lazy” at times but he was carrying that team until Cotterill arrived. And then Baldock suddenly found his scoring touch after Christmas and got 20 goals in the rest of the season.

Met JET. at work when he did a Christmas visit to the hospital in 2013, along with some of the youngsters including Bobby Reid. Really nice guy, and really not built like a footballer, but more a back row rugby player, whereas on the pitch he had the footwork of a professional dancer.

What’s amazing is that JET didn’t really make it a higher level because he had so much talent, and back in 2013 I don’t think anyone would have guessed that of all those there that day that Bobby was the one who would become a Premier League regular.

• Like 2

On 04/09/2023 at 21:00, Nickybee said:

I remember him spanking one in away at Shrewsbury when we won while trying to avoid the drop from L1 under Cotts (believe it was Cotts anyway). 

Think I recall it because I was right behind it & it would have probably hit me if the net wasn’t there ⚽

That was the game in late March when we were dangerously close to the drop zone and Flint picked up a season ending injury but it sparked us into life. We didn't lose again that season and finished comfortably mid table. 

19 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

That was the game in late March when we were dangerously close to the drop zone and Flint picked up a season ending injury but it sparked us into life. We didn't lose again that season and finished comfortably mid table. 

First away game I took Joe too.  Jet on the right, cut back into his left and rifled it in.  Steven Pearson scored a scruffy one, and Joe Bryan headed in at the far post…playing against their talented RB Ryan Woods.  Their steward in the wheelchair area had banged on about him all game, how good he was in the air…but he’d not reckoned on Joe Bryan’s salmon-like ability in the air.

• Like 2