IGNORED

JET, JET will tear you apart

CiderJar

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I remember one home game under Cotts (won 4-0) where I thought the full back that was supposedly marking him was going to cry.

He was beating him for skill time after time so he tried to get physical & put his shoulder into him & JET knocked him somewhere almost into North Somerset.

We had the best of him & even when we as a team were crap, he was outrageously good.

I forgot how good he was 

Obviously the goal against the Gas felt better from a fans perspective but the goal against Tamworth is one of my favourite goals ever, I could watch it over and over again.

As depressing as that first season back in L1 was, he was great to watch. He seemed to score all our goals before Christmas with Baldock scoring more after Christmas.

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The night game v Port Vale sticks in my memory. We won 5-0 I think and JET scored a free kick at EastEnd, I just remember the keeper looking helpless on the deck when it went in.

He was some player!

He did, 4-0 up at half time and that free kick was not long before the break. Mickey Adams was getting some grief and I think he may have actually been “sacked in the morning”. Martin Patterson played a blinder.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He did, 4-0 up at half time and that free kick was not long before the break. Mickey Adams was getting some grief and I think he may have actually been “sacked in the morning”. Martin Patterson played a blinder.

That was it. If I remember correctly we weren’t playing that particularly well either!

I do miss those night games in the EastEnd. Even if it was Port Vale!

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Both wasters with the talent we all dreamed of having let’s be honest,between the skills was far to often lazy BS that cost us more points than they won,Jackie the same 

Wasn't lazy, JET just made it look easy. Felt it was us to some degree  who wasted his talent.  Given a run of games covering injury, did well and then immediately dropped when they were fit without the returning players  seemingly having to fight to regain their place.

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

That was it. If I remember correctly we weren’t playing that particularly well either!

We were all over them mate. Port Vale were woeful.

Most of the play in that 1st half was down at our end (East End). 2nd half was more even but the damage had been done by then. 

• Like 1

JET was one of a kind and imo can be considered a City legend. He wasn’t lazy on the pitch (although fair to say he could’ve achieved more in the game given his talent).

When we were at our lowest ebb in recent history, under SOD, it was JET and Baldock that scored most of our goals to keep us out of League 2.