IGNORED

JET, JET will tear you apart

CiderJar

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

JET didn't often move fast - but that was because he didn't have to. His vision and close-control was astounding. He could sprint when he wanted to, but he was happiest with the ball tight to his feet, weaving it past defenders and into the box. 

NB penalty away at Notts County.

• Like 1

10 years to the day since we last played them in any form of competitive football.

Over 22 years since we last played them in a league game.

We went from 1963 to 1981 without losing to them.

I can never make my mind up if I miss the derby games or happy we’re always above them.

My favourite games, at Eastville for the one nil down two one up cup match, when we were in a division below.

The Louie Donowa one nil victory at AG , the first time we’d beaten them for what seemed like ages, about 8 games I think.

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

His inconsistency was his strength one game unplayable the next game you didn’t know he was on the pitch 

but god I loved the unplayable jet , great times hopefully to return really wish Scott would have give us one more season think he could have been our modern day jet but with more consistency.

Loved him, had genius level skills.

When it was dire under O’Driscoll (which frankly was most of the time) he was often the only thing worth watching.

Took the slowest penalties ever & this goal is arguably the best I have seen in a game against the blue few in 50 years.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

JET didn't often move fast - but that was because he didn't have to. His vision and close-control was astounding. He could sprint when he wanted to, but he was happiest with the ball tight to his feet, weaving it past defenders and into the box. 

I remember one home game under Cotts (won 4-0) where I thought the full back that was supposedly marking him was going to cry.

He was beating him for skill time after time so he tried to get physical & put his shoulder into him & JET knocked him somewhere almost into North Somerset.

We had the best of him & even when we as a team were crap, he was outrageously good.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Loved him, had genius level skills.

When it was dire under O’Driscoll (which frankly was most of the time) he was often the only thing worth watching.

Took the slowest penalties ever & this goal is arguably the best I have seen in a game against the blue few in 50 years.

And Bryan's goal probably the second best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

10 years to the day since we last played them in any form of competitive football.

Over 22 years since we last played them in a league game.

We went from 1963 to 1981 without losing to them.

I can never make my mind up if I miss the derby games or happy we’re always above them.

My favourite games, at Eastville for the one nil down two one up cup match, when we were in a division below.

The Louie Donowa one nil victory at AG , the first time we’d beaten them for what seemed like ages, about 8 games I think.

Were we not two divisions below them?

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

Just one division below them (they were Div 3, we were Div 4.). That match (Dec 1983) is one of my favourite ever City memories - was rammed in the away end at Eastville that day. 

One of those I was there moments if you are a city fan, I bet there was quite the celebration.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

One of those I was there moments if you are a city fan, I bet there was quite the celebration.

Limbs the like you will never see again. I ended up in a different postcode to one of my shoes when what turned out to be the winner went in. I even got my shoe back. What a night. 16 year old me me. 10 years ago Jet & Bryan. 40 years ago Ritchie & Hirst.

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 2