IGNORED

Cornicks chance…

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Stupid questIon

Edit - I’ve now watched the replay and it’s even worse. He shot straight at the keeper. Aim for the corner and it would have been a goal 

In situations such as this one, many strikers aim for the keeper, knowing that he will spread himself and the ball goes through his legs. 
Lots of goals are scored between the keepers legs. 
It was a good chance, he tried to keep it low and under the keeper but the keeper got a good leg to it and so it goes down as a good save. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Sykes chance was a worse miss for me, especially if we are all in agreement that his quality levels are higher than Cornick’s…………

I thought Wells’ chance in the first half was the better chance of any of these. 
Wells gets a good first touch, out of his feet, clear sight at goal 15 yards out. He scuffs a weak left foot shot straight at the keeper. 
THAT was the best chance of the game. 
But of course, Cornick gets all the blame. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Think it’s more people responding to others who come across as having clear agendas - to see that chance as a sitter is ludicrous in my view, whether assessing by own eyes or xG. Most games would end 9-7 based on the views of a fair few on here and we’d need a lot more threads about specific chances. 

It looked a sitter at first from my angle,  but when you see it closer, he gets the ball, when the keeper was already making himself large.

It was score-able, but not my definition of "a sitter". 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I thought Wells’ chance in the first half was the better chance of any of these. 
Wells gets a good first touch, out of his feet, clear sight at goal 15 yards out. He scuffs a weak left foot shot straight at the keeper. 

Did the defender get a piece of it?

It was almost too good a touch, think he would’ve preferred room to have a “swing at it”???

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Did the defender get a piece of it?

It was almost too good a touch, think he would’ve preferred room to have a “swing at it”???

I thought it was a great first touch and set him up for a clear shot with no defender in the way. Wells scuffed it from my angle. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Let me make one thing clear, Cornick didn't do anything particularly wrong in that game.

I am amused however by some posters here who respond to any criticism of the man as if someone had insulted their own mothers.

Only Pearson provokes a greater circling of waggons response. 

Its laughable

• Thanks 1

We had 4 goals disallowed in 2 games, some sides don't get that in a season.

All the same the finishing. Yeah the build up play is improving all the time but the finishing or should I say conversion rate arguably it needs some work.

5 goals from 77 shots, zero penalties, zero one goals. 77 shots in 6 games is rather respectable, the ratio however...

Cornick reminds me a lot of David Clarkson ,not fast ,not very good in the air and not particularly skilful.But every so often he does something good.

David Clarkson was a disappointment overall unfortunately .I think I’ve seen enough now to suggest Cornick is likely to follow a similar trajectory . 
Be nice to be proved wrong,but not expecting it.

The more worrying thing ,is with limited funds we really need our recruitment to be spot on,the scatter gun days are behind us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Wells hasn’t got finishing boots on this season. 5 goals in six games shows our issue, putting the ball in the net. Need Tommy back asap. 

• Like 1

Good save but the shot is still too close to the keeper. I don't think people would make as much of an issue of it if Cornick hadn't missed relatively easy chances before. Not sure why people would think fans go out of their way to target Cornick. Its nothing personal, he's just not cut the mustard so far and he's had enough chances. Can't fault his effort but you can his quality. Poor signing in my view & wasn't better than what we already had & NP has previously stated he wouldn't sign players if they weren't better than what we already had. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Sam Bell missed an easier chance this season, but I'm still trying to find the thread for that one btw

Hey, I'm not knocking Sam, he's been improving week by week, but I'm just so sick of this Harry Cornick witch hunt, it's going beyond a joke now.

I'm of the opinion that if he got enough time on the pitch in that position, he could end up surprising a few people.

Get off the lad's back, he is a good character, liked by Nige and in my opinion, been signaled out from the word go very, very unfairly.

Oh and by the way,  can anyone tell me how constant criticism could possible help the player in question?

It just puts more and more pressure on anyone.

Cornick hasn't been great so far, but I am old enough to rememebr the days when Brian Tinnion and Keith Welch and others, were abused and spat at by those who thought they knew what was best for BCFC at the time.

Step back, give the guy some room and much less pressure, and I am convinced you will see a totally different player.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Keepers are allowed to make saves you know. 
It can be a good chance AND a good save. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. 

On otib it has to be

If your a fan of the City player then it is a great save

If the City player is one of the scape goats it is then a Sitter

Simple otib stuff 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Sam Bell missed an easier chance this season, but I'm still trying to find the thread for that one btw

Hey, I'm not knocking Sam, he's been improving week by week, but I'm just so sick of this Harry Cornick witch hunt, it's going beyond a joke now.

I'm of the opinion that if he got enough time on the pitch in that position, he could end up surprising a few people.

Get off the lad's back, he is a good character, liked by Nige and in my opinion, been signaled out from the word go very, very unfairly.

Oh and by the way,  can anyone tell me how constant criticism could possible help the player in question?

It just puts more and more pressure on anyone.

Cornick hasn't been great so far, but I am old enough to rememebr the days when Brian Tinnion and Keith Welch and others, were abused and spat at by those who thought they knew what was best for BCFC at the time.

Step back, give the guy some room and much less pressure, and I am convinced you will see a totally different player.

As i said, nothing personal, speak as i find and seen nothing so far to convince me he will improve us

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Good save but the shot is still too close to the keeper. I don't think people would make as much of an issue of it if Cornick hadn't missed relatively easy chances before. Not sure why people would think fans go out of their way to target Cornick. Its nothing personal, he's just not cut the mustard so far and he's had enough chances. Can't fault his effort but you can his quality. Poor signing in my view & wasn't better than what we already had & NP has previously stated he wouldn't sign players if they weren't better than what we already had. 

He was brought in the improve upon Chris Martin.

And now you know of the budget constraints Nige / Tins are working on, despite hoping to have more resources, perhaps you’ll consider that too in some signings?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Keepers are allowed to make saves you know. 
It can be a good chance AND a good save. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. 

And this is my view. Cornick was in a good position, good touch and good enough strike.

Keeper was on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He was brought in the improve upon Chris Martin.

And now you know of the budget constraints Nige / Tins are working on, despite hoping to have more resources, perhaps you’ll consider that too in some signings?

Yes I have sympathy of course with NP but think he was a panic buy and the wages could've been better utilised