IGNORED

Cornicks chance…

BCFC1512

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Bit of both this one… it was a great save, however a decent striker doesn’t give the keeper a chance to make the save.

Im not a fan of Cornick, but this isn’t a dig at him, it’s fact. He is not a natural goal scorer.

Wells or Conway, that’s a goal.

Not there the other week when Wells missed what was pretty much an open goal then?

Again, I'm struggling to find the thread for that one

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

One of the most ridiculous things commentators say. 

How can you do something “too well”

Not really, to use a cricketing analogy, rather than the chip shot just dropping in front of mid-off he ended up giving it a full blooded drive right down his throat. So it this case he managed to get his left foot right around it hence dragging his shot towards the centre of goal rather than the right hand corner, that’s how you can do it too well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

A shame there wasn't a forum in the 90s then.

Brian Tinnion would have rightfully been labelled a flop from the off.

?

I watched tinman when he joined and can only remember good things especially early performance v sags. BUT if he wasn't great then why is it wrong to comment on it? People genuinely say what they see & think & aren't deliberately going out of their way to ruin a player. Cornick so far has been underwhelming for the amount of game time he has had.

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not there the other week when Wells missed what was pretty much an open goal then?

The difference is Wells has convinced most during his time that he is a worth his place. Cornick hasn't 

• Like 2

lky

12 minutes ago, JAWS said:

I watched tinman when he joined and can only remember good things especially early performance v sags. BUT if he wasn't great then why is it wrong to comment on it? People genuinely say what they see & think & aren't deliberately going out of their way to ruin a player. Cornick so far has been underwhelming for the amount of game time he has had.

Tinnion struggled like **** in his early days at BCFC. Either go and do your homework or even go and ask the great man himself, the BCFC legend.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

lky

Tinnion struggled like **** in his early days at BCFC. Either go and do your homework or even go and ask the great man himself, the BCFC legend.

It's OK I don't mind if my recollection wasn't accurate. My point is if he wasn't good then what is wrong with criticism if it's what people observe? Why say someone is good if they're clearly not? 

I've not witnessed any abuse towards cornick from the stands or certainly not to an extent he would be aware of, people are generally supportive to be fair and the negative observations have been mainly confined to this forum but I think they are warranted. Fans obviously want him to do well but so far he's not making a great impression from a quality point of view. Can't fault his effort

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Let me make one thing clear, Cornick didn't do anything particularly wrong in that game.

I am amused however by some posters here who respond to any criticism of the man as if someone had insulted their own mothers.

Only Pearson provokes a greater circling of waggons response. 

Yep, it's OTT positivity to combat the OTT negativity, in the belief that two wrongs make a right! 

44 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

We've had plenty of debate about Wells on OTIB to be fair, especially when he first joined and his overall persona seemed very different. We've been arguing about whether he's the natural goalscorer we were expecting for three years now.

My issue is that I don't think Nige knew what he was getting with Cornick, and he's tried to give him a chance in the Sykes role, but Sykes is clearly the more effective player. Cornice definitely isn't an awful footballer, but he's also not looking like he'll be more than back up.

8 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

I’m not a Cornick hater but it’s a bad miss, can’t believe the support for the keeper.

Na, definitely not a "bad miss". Firstly, Cornick does well to bring the ball down in that position off his chest.

He's probably only 9 yards out when he strikes the ball, but the keeper closes the distance to about 3 yards, making it very difficult to beat him. Keeper has done well here.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Na, definitely not a "bad miss". Firstly, Cornick does well to bring the ball down in that position off his chest.

He's probably only 9 yards out when he strikes the ball, but the keeper closes the distance to about 3 yards, making it very difficult to beat him. Keeper has done well here.

4 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

Can’t agree with you there, he has the whole goal to aim at and a decent striker scores that all day long, 100% bad miss

When your luck's in the keeper gets a hand or leg to it and it still flicks off him into the net. When your luck's out, like today, he gets enough on it to save it. I think the one thing you will find with Cornick is that he will keep getting in those positions and keep buying a ticket until his luck changes.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Birmingham? Centre of the goal? We’re down to 10 men? Poor effort.

Big fan of Nakhi, but that was a bad miss to not even hit the target.

Yes although we were down to 10, who knows how that may have changed the game.

Birmingham may have had to come out a bit more. The crowd mood would have been transformed-, perhaps a small sense of injustice at the 2nd yellow for Dickie. Had to score from there.

14 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

he has the whole goal to aim at

That is true of any shot from anywhere on the pitch ?

Problem is, in football, there are goalkeepers. They try and stop shots from outfield players, and in this instance WBAs keeper was 3 yards in front of Cornick. That reduces his chances of scoring quite significantly. As pointed out by others, best thing to do is hit low around the keepers legs, which is what Cornick did. Unfortunately, didn't come off on this occasion. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

When your luck's in the keeper gets a hand or leg to it and it still flicks off him into the net. When your luck's out, like today, he gets enough on it to save it. I think the one thing you will find with Cornick is that he will keep getting in those positions and keep buying a ticket until his luck changes.

Agreed on this.

I remember last year our luck was out, on Boxing Day v West Brom actually. They eventually ran away with it but a similar luck dependent scenario- they were getting on a run, we were in a rut.

Goal down and fairly even in parts 1st half- Phillips headed against his own bar/post. That goes in big boost to us, setback for WBA. Had we been in the strong form I bet it goes in! Game would have changed had it done so.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Redtrojan said:

Cornick reminds me a lot of David Clarkson ,not fast ,not very good in the air and not particularly skilful.But every so often he does something good.

David Clarkson was a disappointment overall unfortunately .I think I’ve seen enough now to suggest Cornick is likely to follow a similar trajectory . 
Be nice to be proved wrong,but not expecting it.

The more worrying thing ,is with limited funds we really need our recruitment to be spot on,the scatter gun days are behind us.

He’s chaotic but in a good way. It was a good save but whenever he’s been on the pitch (or the touch line) things have happened this season. 

Edited by PooPants

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And a defender sliding in on him too.

58 minutes ago, PooPants said:

He’s chaotic but in a good way. It was a good save but whenever he’s been on the pitch (or the touch line) things have happened this season. 

No goals, no assists, no goal involvements, no successful crosses, today the only shot so far this season.    I’m not sure where the happening is there.  

it was a good touch today to set up the chance, but the touch doesn’t matter unless the chance is taken.  It wasn’t, and from where I was sitting it was a miss, though the goalkeeper also did well. 

I was hoping after a pre-season that Cornick would kick on this year.  Only fleeting glimpses of any progression so far, though I can’t criticise his work rate.   

Good contrast can be made with Yeboah.  Exciting prospect, fast, strong, unpredictable, and excellent work rate.  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, CiderJar said:

The keeper spread himself well and it hit his leg. Decent save but if he scuffs it he scores. He needs to work on scuffing at the right time. He hit it too well. 

(I'm joking, nobody works on scuffing, apart from scuffers).

Fair a scuff!  But That's just scuff and nonsense...............   i'll get me coat......   

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1