IGNORED

Leicester - pre-match interviews

Davefevs

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well worth a watch:

I’m not always a big fan of his press conferences, but that was good.

A bit worried that he seems to have started sniffing….like a certain predecessor!

And what’s that behind him? Is that where Jon Lansdown practices designing new badges and shirt logos?! 

• Haha 1

That Nige one (just came here to post) is something everyone should take half an hour to watch. It’s considered and full answers which really shine a light on his philosophy and how he manages a club. I get the impression he respects Piercy as well which helps that rapport.

Compulsory and Compulsive viewing. If anyone wants to see what’s happening here, just get on it.

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

I too , am not a big fan of news conference dances.......where it's quite often a question of going through the motions, and the hoops? .  But these two talks by NP and AK fill me with confidence and optimism with regard to our future.  NP was articulate, intelligent and thoughtfully considered throughout.  He is such a deep thinker about football, but combines it with a no nonsense, anti bull shit style that makes you pay attention.  Get that contract signed and sealed, as we are in good hands for the forseeable  future.... IMCO,  and need to continue to retain the continuity that has made the first team gradually improve, and our academy be the envy of many.

Talking of continuity........I see Andy as a possible viable successor to NP, with his measured answers and confident personality, in tandem with his knowledge and coaching ability, he could maybe turn out to be the long term favourite to take over in the future?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was saying to my mates the other day who support other clubs like Cardiff, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Swansea etc that I have a feeling that Nigel Pearson will obtain legendary status by the time he leaves here. I was laughed at and mocked, I have a suspicion that I'm going to be the one that has the last laugh. 

I doubt we'll be getting promoted anytime soon. We just don't have depth in squad.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Excellent stuff from Nige, as always. 

We simply can’t allow to leave at the end of the season. Would be like asking someone to build you a house and telling him to **** off before the roofs on. 

We can start the Protest Movement: Bring Back Nige - a la Clough/Derby, 1973 - now, before he's gone. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I’m not always a big fan of his press conferences, but that was good.

A bit worried that he seems to have started sniffing….like a certain predecessor!

And what’s that behind him? Is that where Jon Lansdown practices designing new badges and shirt logos?! 

It’s really annoying when your children scribble all over the walls! SL must be going nuts!

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was saying to my mates the other day who support other clubs like Cardiff, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Swansea etc that I have a feeling that Nigel Pearson will obtain legendary status by the time he leaves here. I was laughed at and mocked, I have a suspicion that I'm going to be the one that has the last laugh. 

Cardiff & Swansea fans in Weston ffs 

thought it was all villa & brum 

Edited by redkev
  • Haha 3

• Admin
2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Why would the club buy a microphone stand for BBC Radio Bristol? NP is clearly wearing a clip-on microphone for the club's media channels.

From the fact we can now hear the media's questions I think we mic them all up with out clip-ons.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sadly, I have a feeling that you won't have the last laugh, unless he achieves it this season, which is unlikely. 

And in anticipation of your response, you are again welcome.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

he already has in my book

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

I’m convinced that if given the time & an appropriate level of financial backing this is the guy to take us to the Premier League. He is absolutely different class to any other manager in our recent history.

Quite why our Owner & his plastic Chairman can’t see that we should be trying to tie Nige down for the medium term future is beyond me. It would be an absolute travesty if he is allowed to walk away from our club at the end of this season without completing the project.

Edited by Cardy
  • Like 9
  • Flames 5