IGNORED

U21s v Ipswich

Northern Red

2 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Very unlucky to lose that.  We were the better team for much of the match, their keeper making several saves in the second half as we pushed to win it.  Frustrating to give away a last minute penalty but we more than matched them.  Really liked the look of Kadji, Pearson and Nelson.  

Thought Kadji had gone to FGR for the season

My first ever trip to the HPC & I enjoyed it.

Knight-Lebel impressed me, Yeboah of course & if Kadji turns in performances like that on a regular basis he’d have a decent chance of making it.

Incredible number of Spurs followers there, ranging from little kids to old stagers. Presumably the majority have moved down to this part of the world because they certainly didn’t sound like locals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Very unlucky to lose that.  We were the better team for much of the match, their keeper making several saves in the second half as we pushed to win it.  Frustrating to give away a last minute penalty but we more than matched them.  Really liked the look of Kadji, Pearson and Nelson.  

What position did Nelson play tonight ?

10 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Pearson is an interesting one.  He was really eye catching, especially in the first half, cramped up a bit in the second.  He’s 21 so not sure if it’s harsh to have expected him to make the first team already (or maybe I’ve become conditioned to think that because of Scott?) 

He already has, but think he took advantage of it. Not the greatest of attitudes by all accounts. Won’t be here next year. 

34 minutes ago, DaveF said:

What does that mean?

Lots of well paid young uns who strut around and then seem very surprised that a team that isn’t a chelsea / man city academy team will actually give them a game

City were outstanding on the night. The better team. Outplayed a young Spurs side. A number of good opportunities but failed to convert. Sucker punch Penalty very late on. We really are blessed with some very good youngsters. The future is very bright. 

Super crowd tonight. Must have been at least 1500. Most of which were Spurs fans. 

• Like 1

First time at HPC for me too.   Very impressed by the whole thing.  Great performance by the boys.  Yeboah in particular very threatening and Pearson impressive  work rate.   A few of our lads were struggling with cramp in the second half which I found interesting.  Shows the gap in intensity and fitness required at first team level.

• Robin 1

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

My first ever trip to the HPC & I enjoyed it.

Knight-Lebel impressed me, Yeboah of course & if Kadji turns in performances like that on a regular basis he’d have a decent chance of making it.

Incredible number of Spurs followers there, ranging from little kids to old stagers. Presumably the majority have moved down to this part of the world because they certainly didn’t sound like locals.

Quote...played out in front of a large crowd including over 200 members of our Somerset Spurs Official Supporters' Club, who made the trip to Bristol especially for the game and provided vocal backing for the players all night.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/october/late-soonsup-bell-penalty-gives-under-21s-victory-at-bristol-city/

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Highlights:

A few things. Incredible editing! I thought I was in the film Momento. :)

Yeboah likes to lead a line doesn't he? Maybe we should just bite the bullet and bring him on centrally in the first team, I have seen him start and finish moves like that a couple of times now. 

Kadji looked far more animated than I have seen before and Pearson looked to be instrumental in almost every attack. Someone is going to pick up a couple of good players there.

Do Spurs choose their players based on their names? I do like the sound of "Max McKnight" though, if I ever lose the rights to my own name............ :)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Pearson looked to be instrumental in almost every attack.

He also switched off on their first goal, he standing by the goalscorer at the start of the move and doesn’t stay with him. Still think Sam can have a league career though, someone in league 2 should pick him up 

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A few things. Incredible editing! I thought I was in the film Momento. :)

Yeboah likes to lead a line doesn't he? Maybe we should just bite the bullet and bring him on centrally in the first team, I have seen him start and finish moves like that a couple of times now. 

Kadji looked far more animated than I have seen before and Pearson looked to be instrumental in almost every attack. Someone is going to pick up a couple of good players there.

Do Spurs choose their players based on their names? I do like the sound of "Max McKnight" though, if I ever lose the rights to my own name............ :)

He played well but my god he needs to learn the offside rule!

26 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

He also switched off on their first goal, he standing by the goalscorer at the start of the move and doesn’t stay with him. Still think Sam can have a league career though, someone in league 2 should pick him up 

It was a pretty horrible wayward pass from him that started it off.

Agree, he could certainly get a League Two club but he’s not featuring in our plans if you’re 22 later this month & don’t even have a squad number.

• Like 1