IGNORED

Stoke City at home match thread

Just now, Ivorguy said:

We never ever turn corners successfully.  We always always turn backwards very soon afterwards

Long way off a promotion side, let alone a side that could stay up

I get you are pissed off, but that is a ridiculous statement, they've played well in pretty much all the games this season bar Birmingham and from 40 mins in this one. This is not a relegation team, far from it.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK; I'll say it; Well Done Stoke.

You were on a run of poor results. You were away to a team that's won twice as many  games as they've lost. You were 2-0 down after 15 mins, but kept going and managed to win 3-2.

I can’t bring myself to congratulate them but we’ve done what they did to other teams in the past.

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That was a rare shoot yourselves in the foot moment nowadays when it was constant a few years back,as for Stoke they will defo be bottom half 

Not quite sure how you think it’s rare

That was a typical Bristol City performance under Pearson. So weak  

To be 2-0 up against a team that are very average - and to lose 2-3 - is completely unacceptable . Mentally weak 

I really look forward to the day Pearson moves on . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 7
1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

To be 2-0 up against a team that are very average - and to lose 2-3 - is completely unacceptable . Mentally weak 

You say the same about every manager. Boring

• Like 2

We played very well and I am gutted as we didn’t deserve that, we actually got battered by Plymouth at times and can easily say we played as well today if not better at times, however we are the same BCFC. Soft. We STILL lack a destructive midfield player, we needed to buy a commanding CB, we didn’t (albeit Vyner is no doubt a miss). And as for the keeper, I am sorry, nice guy, but he is not a number one at this level. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3-2 loss at home to a wide with one point from 5, who mostly play parasite football.

God I dislike Stoke and I dislike Neil.

They were awful. Which makes it all the more frustrating. Nakhi played well but he cost us the game with that crazy shot he took. Should have been 3.1 and end. Their fans beforehand said they couldn’t see where a shot was coming from. They also wanted Neil out. I said don’t worry we are BC, we help teams like this. I was sadly right! In addition they tell me Rotherham are awful having played them twice and if we can’t beat them we may as well give up! 1.0 incoming. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

This is a genuine question, as I've often wondered. Have you ever liked any of our managers?

• Like 1
Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

That was our best home display. Plymouth could have been 4.4 with chances they missed. We played better today, just too soft and not clinical 

This is the key. For all of our good work, we let ourselves down badly with weak defending and bad game management. It’s frustrating, but I suppose it is the city way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Manager / players / owners doesn’t matter they all get paid plenty but do they really care what they serve up to paying public , their true fans . Because today I witnessed a lack of anything good for public -first queues to gain entrance,then queues again to get half time beverage or food long into second half then being 2-0 up throwing away a winning lead a lack of professionalism which wasn’t helped by 4 sustitutions  that killed our game wtf .who is held to account for all this , where is the proffesionable side of our club gone . MANAGER , OWNER AND PLAYERS NEED TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT TO THE FANS WHO PAY YOUR WAGE AND GIVE YOU SUCH A NICE LIFE STYLE 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, Topper 123 said:

Manager / players / owners doesn’t matter they all get paid plenty but do they really care what they serve up to paying public , their true fans . Because today I witnessed a lack of anything good for public -first queues to gain entrance,then queues again to get half time beverage or food long into second half then being 2-0 up throwing away a winning lead a lack of professionalism which wasn’t helped by 4 sustitutions  that killed our game wtf .who is held to account for all this , where is the proffesionable side of our club gone . MANAGER , OWNER AND PLAYERS NEED TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT TO THE FANS WHO PAY YOUR WAGE AND GIVE YOU SUCH A NICE LIFE STYLE 

I love posts like this as if the opposition don't also have fans

• Haha 1