IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

Dire first half bereft of any quality whatsoever. Knight and Williams look off the boil; every time they’ve found a pocket it’s been met with a heavy touch or a loose pass. I don’t know how we didn’t get a penalty for a foul on Bell, but it doesn’t surprise me anymore. 

• Like 1

Extremely poor advert for the championship that first half. 

Don’t know if the team are scared to run forward with the ball in case they get countered similarly to Stoke but we seem to have very little desire to move up the pitch with pace.

Passing has been below standard, not pressing how we usually do and we seem to have lost the majority of our on the ball quality.

We all know the lads can play many times better hopefully they can refresh at HT. Come back out with a game plan and show some decent football.

Our passing is terrible, I don't count the long passes or through balls, the simple 5-10 yards. Constantly causing players to stop or turn or worst of all straight to an opposition player .
They are doing a good job of cutting out space in MF, so we have to get the ball to Cornick then use the wide men, drag the defence around a bit. 

Am I glad I didn't make the trip tonight. That was bloody awful! We could/should of had a penalty but that aside we were sloppy all around the park. Our midfield hasn't coped with Rotherham's man for man system at all. Sykes has to track back more as Gardner-Hickman keeps getting caught inside as the midfielder he really is. Must do better. 

• Like 3