IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

25 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Love Pearson but you can’t deny If a LJ side turned in a performance like this the bed sheets would have been out again.

Aside from the fact you look a bit silly now, why the obsession with Lee Johnson? He’s not even our previous manager!!! Anyone could say City fans would react badly to that performance if it had been under Lumsden, Jordan, Smith, Cooper, Osman, Tinnion etc - but so what? Why the obsession with LJ? We’ve just won an away game in, arguably, the fifth best division in the world ... cheer up ... 👍

• Like 9

15 points from 10 is a decent start. I remember Gary Johnson always targeted minimum 17 points from every block of 10 in order to get to playoffs . He didn't care where that got them from. It was a good way to go about things imo. We are just two points off that so I'm happy with the start. Tonight wasn't clever but we win and that's all that matters. Two brilliant strikes from Tommy, the only two bits of quality in the whole game. He's going to be some striker. Onwards and upwards. Now go and put on a performance at Leeds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Said all along, Conway is better than Scott.

Wouldn't go that far. But that says more about Scott than about Conway.

I think a lot of the young players have been inaccurately grouped together in many fans' minds over the last couple of years. Realistically, Scott is significantly ahead of Conway & Semenyo, who are significantly ahead of Bell.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Great result., Tough game, Rotherham didn't exactly play well but they certainly got us playing at their level for a lot of the game - and that's a compliment to them, rather than a criticism.

We all know we were poor , but only Leicester have beat them at home all season and we all know Leicester are gonna be champions , sometimes you play teams that just don’t suit you or your style - ask joe Joyce about playing someone who don’t suit your style 👊🤩🥊 😵‍💫

• Like 2

Two world class finishes by Tommy. I wouldn't start him against Leeds simply because he's just come back from a long injury and we can't afford to lose him. Bring him on fresh early in the second half against tiring defenders.  I bet on him to be the highest scorer in the Championship before his injury and I still wouldn't count him out.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

The standard of English refs is appalling 

That was up there with one of the worst displays I have seen from a referee and his 2 stuffed dummies ( linesman ) and by god I’ve seen a few poor one over the last couple of years .

I would get the 2 nailed on pens not given in the first half and send them to who ever is in charge of referees in the EFL and say please explain that .

• Like 11