IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

Just now, BCFCGav said:

On the topic of the ref, it makes the win all the more sweet when we beat 12 men. 

Oh course, I’d prefer a competent/unbiased ref every day of the week, but it’s lovely when we win in spite of them. 

Actually 11 men because their defender came off injured 🤓

• Like 1
Just now, Brann-red said:

I ran out of expletives to throw at the referee . His approach was just awful. Missed so much and inconsistent in his decision making 

Three decisions in a row in the second half all completing farcical

City cross, clear Rotherham header out of play. Gave as their throw.

Another City cross, their defender clatters their goalie with our players nowhere in sight. Free kick

Up the other end , Rotherham kick out of play right in front of the linesman. Corner

That is the trivial stuff that is so embarrassing bad let alone the clear penalty we should have had. Even worse and something to put into context that it's the same ref from the invented result away at Hull last season. Where yet again he failed to us give us penalties for similar holding offences and gave Hull a penalty for an obvious dive

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I would be surprised if Tommy was yet match fit for a 75 min run out. Just my guess. If he was further down the recovery he would have come on earlier maybe?

Heart says start him against Leeds, head says keep him on ice as the international break is just around the corner. Another 15 min cameo at most. Sadly, I think the head has to win out this time.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Heart says start him against Leeds, head says keep him on ice as the international break is just around the corner. Another 15 min cameo at most. Sadly, I think the head has to win out this time.

I'd go 30 minutes on Saturday. We'll need his quality.

By the way, another International break?! Ffs 

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Nige said on his RB post match interview that TC won't be starting on Saturday.

After their goal I was worried because they were pushing heavily to get the second and we were shaky for a few minutes...so I would have taken a draw. However the lads were able to regain control on the game and Tommy's magic made the rest. 

In the first half the game was quite balanced, even if their attacks were generally more fluid. In the second half we were still not spectacular but attacked with more frequency and at the end we got rewarded. Refereeings remain an irritating issue.

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

After their goal I was worried because they were pushing heavily to get the second and we were shaky for a few minutes...so I would have taken a draw. However the lads were able to regain control on the game and Tommy's magic made the rest. 

In the first half the game was quite balanced, even if their attacks were generally more fluid. In the second half we were still not spectacular but attacked with more frequency and at the end we got rewarded. Refereeings remain an irritating issue.

I do think we got a huge slice of luck with Rotherham finishing with 10 men, but I guess we can offset that against the penalty shout(s).

We can't rely on world class finishing every game though, so really need to improve accross the team.

Leeds could be a very humbling experience. Or...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Cornick’s unlucky to be coming off when others have been far worse than he has.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure I'd have taken Cornick off.

He had a decent game, but 65+ mins is a good time to introduce Wells against a tiring defence.

I know I’m posting this after the event, but I thought we were better second half, had started to move the ball around a bit better / quicker (low bar 1st half) and needed fresh legs / sharp movement to hopefully take advantage.

Subs aren’t always reflective of performance, just about getting fresh legs / finishers on in key positions.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Jason Knight`s upped his game

Yes, much better second half (v.poor first half), came a little deeper, got more involved, got Jamo in a bit of space as a result, and helped us get the 10 outfield players a bit closer together.

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Referee is abysmal 

Bordering on cheating I’d say.  And his assistants.

Harry said he was the ref Hull (a) last season.  It all adds up.  Scandalous.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh I'm not normally one for the "minutes applause" thing ... but that got me.

Must be very unusual for the players to stop playing and join in as well during the actual game, not sure I have ever seen that before, but yes it got to me too and I bet you and I were not the only ones, very moving.

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Conway offering more in 30 seconds than Bell, Skyes, and Cornick did in 75 minutes!

I'm not trying to post in hindsight but in the pub tonight I said with 10 minutes to go oh for a touch of quality from us we could win this, well it needed two but my god how we have missed Tommy.

1 hour ago, Brann-red said:

I ran out of expletives to throw at the referee . His approach was just awful. Missed so much and inconsistent in his decision making 

I got bollocked by daughter and wife for my outbursts tonight.  I even watched in the kitchen, but that wasn’t far enough out if their way.  Wasn’t just the ref I aimed a few at either.