IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

With the bench we had I don't quite understand why the 11 starters didn't give it more of a go earlier?

We were treading water, just doing the basics, playing like a team who expected to play the full 90 mins.

Conway was absolute class of course but he was blowing at the end, not yet match fit I would say which is understandable.

Think the subs put many of the starters to shame tonight. I would be inclined to change the full front 3 for a few games.

Erling Haaland has posters of Tommy Conway on his bedroom wall. 🎉

On a more serious note, don’t think the staff/manager or players will deny that was a poor game. Very poor. 

Rotherham made use of their physicality in the midfield to dredge out the game and interrupt our smaller agile midfield/wingers and did it well. 

Two brilliant moments of quality from Tommy, and two good passes prior to set up his second gives us 3 points in a game where both sides deserved 0 realistically. But if you aren’t playing well at least don’t lose. 

On to leeds, hopefully with Tommy starting, would personally like to see Mehmeti be given a chance of the bench but might not be the best game for it but roll on Saturday either way. COYR

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

That was up there with one of the worst displays I have seen from a referee and his 2 stuffed dummies ( linesman ) and by god I’ve seen a few poor one over the last couple of years .

I would get the 2 nailed on pens not given in the first half and send them to who ever is in charge of referees in the EFL and say please explain that .

Us not getting pens has gone on for a few years now , it’s becoming a joke 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Us not getting pens has gone on for a few years now , it’s becoming a joke 

Maybe unsighted for Bells but even from the Angle he was looking at you could tel, it was a pen ( and a red card may I add ) as for Dickies 2 mins later no excuse what so ever he looking straight at it ffs

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

The thing is Tommy plays best when up top with Wells, which means 1 of Bell or Sykes being dropped to make way for the Wells/Conway combo. Personally I'd drop Bell, although Sykes was poor tonight think he needs to play to provide cover for TGH (who looks very shaky as a RB). 

Not for Saturday but I believe Conway can replace Williams in the team and push Knight back alongside James

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

That was up there with one of the worst displays I have seen from a referee and his 2 stuffed dummies ( linesman ) and by god I’ve seen a few poor one over the last couple of years .

I would get the 2 nailed on pens not given in the first half and send them to who ever is in charge of referees in the EFL and say please explain that .

The odd thing about the 2nd one was the ref stopped the game before at the previous corner, only seconds earlier and told the players not to hold at corners. He then bottled it when it happened right in front of him in live play at the next corner. Very poor.

• Like 1

Bizarrely somehow makes the Stoke result more annoying in my head. 

We’ve only really had two truly bad results so far this season (Birmingham and Stoke). If we only have two similarly bad results out of our next 10 I’ll probably be content…

Overall, ten games in, I’m giving this season a rating of B so far. 

18 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Two world class finishes by Tommy. I wouldn't start him against Leeds simply because he's just come back from a long injury and we can't afford to lose him. Bring him on fresh early in the second half against tiring defenders.  I bet on him to be the highest scorer in the Championship before his injury and I still wouldn't count him out.

Yeah, Probably keep Nakhi on the bench too. They enjoy playing together and make a powerful forward change coming on together