IGNORED

Last sub to come on & score two..

GrahamC

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember a game where Jim Brennan came on and we went from 2-3 down to win 5-3. I can remember he changed the game but not whether it was with goals or assists.

Maybe Blackpool? He'd only touched down after international duty with Canada a few hours before the game too! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember a game where Jim Brennan came on and we went from 2-3 down to win 5-3. I can remember he changed the game but not whether it was with goals or assists.

That was v Blackpool in 99/00. Brennan came off the bench around the hour mark with the scores at 1-1 and bagged three assists before scoring the fifth in 5-2 win. Pretty sure that was his last game for us before he went to Forest. 

Byfield definitely came off the bench and bagged a brace in a 2-2 draw at home to Burnley in 07/08. Pitman did the same at home to Palace in 11/12, then Marv at Carlisle in 12/13.

Edited by tin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Going back to the 70s I remember Geert Meijer, Gertie from Amsterdam doing it at Ashton Gate.

Don't think that's likely as Meijer only scored twice in total for City. One of those I remember being early on in a home match (Brum?) when he somehow scored from what appeared from my spot in the EE to be an impossible angle near the corner flag between the Enclosure and the open End.

So unless he came on as a sub. in the first few minutes in that game, scored immediately, and then scored again later in the game, I'm afraid it can't have happened.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1