IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Every time we struggle against a club with much more stature, better FFP due to being relegated or just having more generated money we call our squad "very average" and yet I'm not that disappointed if we're very average if that means we're in the middle of the team in the Championship because I'd dare to argue that there are that many clubs who should be finishing above us based on their stature, finances etc.

I think we have a great squad for who we are, if we were Leeds with the same players I could say "yeah, you know what, this isn't good enough" but we're not Leeds, we're not Leicester, we're not Southampton etc, we're a club who has never played in the Premier League in a league where so many have.

I think we've been ok today, as the match goes on and we get more tired the raw pace that Leeds have becomes harder to deal with and they're leading so their concentration is at it's peak whilst our players grow more and more frustrated trying to make something happen.

I don't think we've done ourselves and injustice, we've not sat back and let them bully us, we've pushed forward but they are a good defensive team, big, strong etc I think we've played well but we're outmatched and both teams are playing well so the difference is the quality in their players.

I'm not arguing with anything you are saying. I think "most" fans realise we are average (apart from a few here on the MTD and a couple of blokes called Lansdown) and set their expectations accordingly.

• Like 1
Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Haha what a pointless way to respond. If you want to see “passion” at not wanting to be subbed, without it being apparent or needing a talking to from coaches, then have a look at Nahki when he is next subbed.

It’s called passion, you can be frustrated and angry. You’ve never played a team sport where you’ve think you’ve had a bad game or been angry to be substituted or be given out? So no not pointless at all.

Wells is a shocking example, he always looks pissed off when substituted, especially if he’s not scored.

I would argue that NP wants his players to be angry and will be pleased with the reaction.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Every time we struggle against a club with much more stature, better FFP due to being relegated or just having more generated money we call our squad "very average" and yet I'm not that disappointed if we're very average if that means we're in the middle of the team in the Championship because I'd dare to argue that there are that many clubs who should be finishing above us based on their stature, finances etc.

I think we have a great squad for who we are, if we were Leeds with the same players I could say "yeah, you know what, this isn't good enough" but we're not Leeds, we're not Leicester, we're not Southampton etc, we're a club who has never played in the Premier League in a league where so many have.

I think we've been ok today, as the match goes on and we get more tired the raw pace that Leeds have becomes harder to deal with and they're leading so their concentration is at it's peak whilst our players grow more and more frustrated trying to make something happen.

I don't think we've done ourselves and injustice, we've not sat back and let them bully us, we've pushed forward but they are a good defensive team, big, strong etc I think we've played well but we're outmatched and both teams are playing well so the difference is the quality in their players.

Each to their own, but I absolutely despise this way of thinking.

Unfortunately, I worry that this thought process is far too embedded within the club and fanbase.

Luton, Bournemouth, Wigan, Barnsley, etc didn't seem to think that they should just be happy as a midtable Championship team, but apparently the biggest club in the 7th biggest city in England, who are one of the better teams in the division in terms of attendances, can't expect to ever be better than average.

In the grand scheme of things, there's absolutely no reason why we can't achieve just as much as almost any other Championship club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1