IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

16 hours ago, 1964w said:

Hi folks 

As I posted on the Post Hull thoughts thread in August, I was impressed with Bristol City performance at Hull, you deserved all three points imo! I thought Pring, Naismith & Knight stood out in that game.

I see only a point divides Leeds & Bristol City in the table. Are you playing well of late?

I'm expecting the robins having more to offer than our two previous home opponents Watford & QPR on Saturday. Naturally I'm hoping for three points but, I'm unconvinced we'll get them, even though Bristol City's record isn't good against Leeds, the result could go either way, that's the championship for you!

The win in Rotherham was important, but we did not play well. Think today game be like our Leicester away, lost 1-0. We have to be good in defence and be calm with ball and head. You are favourites but If we can hang on long in to the game we can score. We have young lads who are fast in legs and mind, older players who can really make good passes. It gonna be an interesting game I think. 

• Like 2

Got to keep their front four quiet.  Piroe we all know is a top quality “forward”, but I particularly like the way Rutter can do a bit of everything, go channel, drop in and get it into feet and spin and play in others.  They will have pace out wide no matter who plays out of James, Summerville, Gnonto or Antony.

Ayling has been a thorn in our side, and as much as I loved him for us he’s shown no love back, so I hope Belly can get at him today.  Expect Ayling to try to nobble him.  I think their defence is vey ordinary, and Ampadu in midfield is not the type to hurt you with creativity.

Of course it’s gonna be a very tough game.  I’d love us to get an early goal.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Got to keep their front four quiet.  Piroe we all know is a top quality “forward”, but I particularly like the way Rutter can do a bit of everything, go channel, drop in and get it into feet and spin and play in others.  They will have pace out wide no matter who plays out of James, Summerville, Gnonto or Antony.

Ayling has been a thorn in our side, and as much as I loved him for us he’s shown no love back, so I hope Belly can get at him today.  Expect Ayling to try to nobble him.  I think their defence is vey ordinary, and Ampadu in midfield is not the type to hurt you with creativity.

Of course it’s gonna be a very tough game.  I’d love us to get an early goal.

Agreed, must score first

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Predicted line up 

O’Leary

Tanner. Dickie. Naismith. Pring

G-Hickman. James

Sykes          Knight       Bell

Wells 

Think Weimann should start today. Been lively last two games. Sykes may need a rest. If Tanner is fit I’d love to see TGH in CM. After Naismith has the best vision and range passes wise. 

20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Good point on Weimann. I wonder if it will be Weimann Knight and James in midfield actually.  

There are some decent options to tweak a few things today, aren’t there.  I guess much will depend on fitness of Tanner and Sykes.  Also, interesting to read that Pring wasn’t right on Tuesday (sick), so that might explain why he was a bit under-par.

Whatever 11 we put out, just hope they play with purpose.

• Like 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

There are some decent options to tweak a few things today, aren’t there.  I guess much will depend on fitness of Tanner and Sykes.  Also, interesting to read that Pring wasn’t right on Tuesday (sick), so that might explain why he was a bit under-par.

Whatever 11 we put out, just hope they play with purpose.

How was he on Wednesday?  😜 

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, pillred said:

A bit like when we play Wolves we almost seem to have lost the game before we start, (if that makes any sense) our record against Leeds is terrible, it's strange that certain teams seem to be that way with us, one day though we will turn it around, why not today.

We seem to have more bogey teams than any one else 

don’t get me on teams on losing runs who then play us = losing run over

My first game at the gate city 0 palace 1 ( Alan whittle ) palace not won for 19 games I think it was roll up city (WIN )that’s just how it is watching city 

• Like 1

I’d like to see TGH in for Williams if Tanner is fit. Maybe even James, Williams and TGH as the 3. Knight in and out of games at moment. 

Also wouldn’t mind a more compact/experienced front 3 of Wells Conway and Weimann.

Think Sykes and Bell could do with a rest, but also Nige doesn’t do big changes, so expect similar line up TBH.

17 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I’d like to see TGH in for Williams if Tanner is fit. Maybe even James, Williams and TGH as the 3. Knight in and out of games at moment. 

Also wouldn’t mind a more compact/experienced front 3 of Wells Conway and Weimann.

Think Sykes and Bell could do with a rest, but also Nige doesn’t do big changes, so expect similar line up TBH.

Conway unlikely to start as yet.....sadly!

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We should have pr0bably got something out of Leicester away. 

Leeds aren't Leicester, if we can put the same sort of performance in as we did against Leicester then I think we can take something away from the game. 

Agree , Leeds are beatable we have to play well but they haven’t started brilliantly. I’m confident we can pick up a result today 

41 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Don’t think there will many changes today , Tanner got TGH will need Tanners better defensive qualities today 

personally think we will see a different TGH when he gets a run in midfield wrong to judge him out of position and a poor team performance at Rotherham

• Like 3