IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I just don't understand the logic... 

Cornick plays better than most of the starters last game, Conway comes on and scores 2 winning the game for us so who plays that position.... Wells. 

I guess Pearson sees it knows something we don't, otherwise this just baffles me, I'd have him 3rd pick at this point for that position. 

Well we knew he wasn't starting Tommy but agree about Cornick 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Keith Stroud and his linesman were in the hotel. I spoke to him and send we are due a penalty, so remember our conversation :yes:. He said we won last time he refereed us. 

Can’t believe he was stood there. He had a joke and was pretty sound. Until he gives us a shit decision.

Strange five minutes 

The standard of championship reffing last night and today means having Stroud lording it today could be disastrous! - Dirty Leeds are usually seen as untouchable

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Cornick plays better than most of the starters last game, Conway comes on and scores 2 winning the game for us so who plays that position.... Wells. 

I guess Pearson sees or knows something we don't, otherwise this just baffles me, I'd have him 3rd pick at this point for that position. 

It’s not 3rd pick. It’s out of two. Conway wasn’t going to start, and when he did come on it was at number 10.

Cornick did ok but Wells starts on this occasion. It’s completely logical. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I guess Pearson sees or knows something we don't, otherwise this just baffles me, I'd have him 3rd pick at this point for that position. 

Really?

NP had already said TC will not start, last thing we want is rushing him to start and he then goes out injured again.

As for Cornick, yes he did OK amongst a very poorly performing group against Rotherham. Only once or twice did he actually hold the ball up and find a teammate, hardly an endorsement to start.

Wells, although guilty of some poor finishing, plays the channels really well. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

We have to be careful with Conway therefore on the bench I guess. Wells before Cornick for me, should we be one up then Cornick come in. He is strong, can defend, good player.

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Really?

NP had already said TC will not start, last thing we want is rushing him to start and he then goes out injured again.

As for Cornick, yes he did OK amongst a very poorly performing group against Rotherham. Only once or twice did he actually hold the ball up and find a teammate, hardly an endorsement to start.

Wells, although guilty of some poor finishing, plays the channels really well. 

12 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

We have to be careful with Conway therefore on the bench I guess. Wells before Cornick for me, should we be one up then Cornick come in. He is strong, can defend, good player.

I mean if Conway is down to fitness then fair enough but why give Cornick a game, he performs and then replace him in the next game. Cornick won't improve without consistency, he out performed almost every player in the last match with the little to no good supply. When Wells plays and gets the same kind of poor supply he just disappears and has no influence, Rotherham played a very scrappy game and so Cornick worked so hard to try and regain possession high up the pitch, he showed flashes of creativity and still gets dropped.

I thought Nigel said before that if players perform then they'll get their chance but to me this feels like he's performed even without supply and he's been replaced for a player who seems to only thrive when we supply him clear cut chances, I can't remember the last time Wells took on a pass with a player behind him and created something from it. I like the fact Wells works hard and runs a lot and it benefits him when the defence make mistakes as he's good at reading that and making the opposition panic but Leeds aren't that kind of team that panic in defence meaning we need someone who will go at them non stop and battle with them, that's just not Wells IMO.