IGNORED

Is Scott still injuried

48 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

I’m not interested so why are we talking about it is a really weird point of view 

On 4x the money he was here 

Money isn’t everything, his long term future isn’t Bournemouth, he’s good enough to play at the a much higher level, a bit of patience and he could have moved to a better club imo, as it is I imagine he’s hoping to do it in two moves rather than one. He’s gone now so whilst I will hope for his sake he made the right move,  I’m more interested in our players now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

Money isn’t everything, his long term future isn’t Bournemouth, he’s good enough to play at the a much higher level, a bit of patience and he could have moved to a better club imo, as it is I imagine he’s hoping to do it in two moves rather than one. He’s gone now so whilst I will hope for his sake he made the right move,  I’m more interested in our players now. 

Money isn’t everything but unless he doesn’t play he’s in the shop window at a higher level 

1 hour ago, BarnzFM said:

Money isn’t everything but unless he doesn’t play he’s in the shop window at a higher level 

Which is why I said I imagine he’s looking to progress in two moves rather than one. I’d have preferred he stayed here another season, with the view to helping us gain promotion,  and then gain premier league exposure with us next season. He could have moved in January if we weren’t in the hunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashtongreight said:

Which is why I said I imagine he’s looking to progress in two moves rather than one. I’d have preferred he stayed here another season, with the view to helping us gain promotion,  and then gain premier league exposure with us next season. He could have moved in January if we weren’t in the hunt. 

There was no way we’d be in the mix this season, the league is twice as strong as last season and we’d not have significantly strengthened - he has to take the chance when it presented itself imo, you never know what’s going to happen next 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

There was no way we’d be in the mix this season, the league is twice as strong as last season and we’d not have significantly strengthened - he has to take the chance when it presented itself imo, you never know what’s going to happen next 

Have you looked at the table, we are 3 points off 6th, even that we’ve not had the best of starts, have played many of the top teams as well. Not saying we will, but equally it’s not a given we couldn’t, especially with Scott in the team. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I care / am interested because he’s talented , was one of our players , but most of all is clearly a really decent lad , I like his reflection and appreciation on his time at City , and his Dad , and the more people like this that get on in life , The better

Said all the right things, but ultimately still left at the earliest opportunity. Good job Gow, Ritchie, Cheese etc weren’t as decent, or else we wouldn’t have been in the top flight in the 70’s either. Good luck to him, but I’d rather focus now on the players still here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fammyfan said:

Hope he comes back and inspires their upturn in form

When it was said in the media that we were asking a ridiculous amount - I hope he proves these people wrong

We have a sell on, meaning that Scott being successful increases our chances of a windfall in future.

Scott has been vocal about how thankful he is for the development achieved here - this can only be beneficial when recruiting in future, particularly if he goes on to break into the international set up

The best outcome for us is that he shines at Bournemouth and they then get relegated as there is no way he'll play in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The best outcome for us is that he shines at Bournemouth and they then get relegated as there is no way he'll play in the Championship. 

Wouldn’t he be likely sold off cheaper if Bournemouth get relegated though, Surely we’d get more if he does well and Bournemouth stay up, being as we get a percentage of his sell on fee?

On 12/10/2023 at 02:59, fgrsimon said:

In hindsight it now looks like Wolves might have been the better choice for him, although it didn't seem like it at the time.

Wolves look to have the basis of a decent squad this season but Bournemouth look like a train crash. Tough ask for anyone to come into a struggling team for their first experience of PL.

Whether Wolves were prepared to meet the asking price or been prepared for a 3 month injury is another question.

I think your last sentence is key here. At least from what is in the public domain, Wolves were never a choice as there was never an acceptable offer on the table.

43 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think your last sentence is key here. At least from what is in the public domain, Wolves were never a choice as there was never an acceptable offer on the table.

If Bournemouth was the only offer on the table does that suggest we overestimated his ability?. I thought he’d go to a mid-table club, not join Semenyo at Bournemouth. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It’ll get us some profit but realistically, can’t see him going for anything more than £40m absolute max if that happens….also may mean that the add ons aren’t triggered.

Will get us short term profit but feel he’ll be worth more after 2-3 years and most add ons likely triggered

58 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

If Bournemouth was the only offer on the table does that suggest we overestimated his ability?. I thought he’d go to a mid-table club, not join Semenyo at Bournemouth. 

I don't think we overestimated his ability. 

It seemed to me that our problem was the glut of very good and PL experienced midfielders all moving during the summer - Madison, Mount, Ward-Prowse, Caicedo etc.

Suddenly a top club, that might have been monitoring him and considering a move for AS, is looking at ready to go and proven players with less risk attached - notwithstanding Scott's potential.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

I’m not interested so why are we talking about it is a really weird point of view 

On 4x the money he was here 

But nowhere near the England team as predicted.So sad that money is the only thing that counts in football today.Its BOURNEMOUTH ffs, i am sure the ten thousand who watch every home game in their state of the art stadium will be well impressed.In terms of his football progression,next year he could find himself back to square one. But not to worry! while he is playing his latest playstation game online against Jadon Sancho,he will feel safe in the knowledge, i am quids in.Or maybe he is thinking of his next move. Saudi !

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, johnbytheriver said:

But nowhere near the England team as predicted.So sad that money is the only thing that counts in football today.Its BOURNEMOUTH ffs, i am sure the ten thousand who watch every home game in their state of the art stadium will be well impressed.In terms of his football progression,next year he could find himself back to square one. But not to worry! while he is playing his latest playstation game online against Jadon Sancho,he will feel safe in the knowledge, i am quids in.Or maybe he is thinking of his next move. Saudi !

I don’t think he’s gone for the money, he was linked with a move away prior to the summer just gone and didn’t go because he wanted gametime. Additionally, he didn’t become a rebellious player when the interest was there as a player fuelled by greed would.

He’s gone because he wants Premiership football and whilst Bournemouth may not look a great move right now, I can understand the decision because it takes him to a level he wants to play at and is ready to play at.

I personally think he’d have been better off staying here for another year and then going as I think the lack of goals and assists (which I think he would have improved this year) is the reason that stronger teams weren’t willing to pay our asking price.

• Hmmm 2

On 14/10/2023 at 16:50, Ashtongreight said:

I think it means we did a good job of holding out for what we thought he was worth. Multiple reports suggested loads of clubs would have been interested if he were priced lower. Annoyed though I am that we didn’t use more of the funds, we did a good job of sticking to our guns on his value. 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think it means we did a good job of holding out for what we thought he was worth. Multiple reports suggested loads of clubs would have been interested if he were priced lower. Annoyed though I am that we didn’t use more of the funds, we did a good job of sticking to our guns on his value. 

Or maybe it was his agent suggesting there was interest when there wasn’t. 

At the risk of upsetting certain people who don't care and don't want him discussed anymore, there's a good BBC piece here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67144487

I think the interview was done a few weeks ago as part of a wider focus on Bournemouth, but as he's close to returning from injury they've done a feature on him.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

At the risk of upsetting certain people who don't care and don't want him discussed anymore, there's a good BBC piece here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67144487

I think the interview was done a few weeks ago as part of a wider focus on Bournemouth, but as he's close to returning from injury they've done a feature on him.

Think it's quite clear from that interview that once he knew of Bournemouth's interest he wanted to get the deal done, and staying here would've been an anti-climax for him. Some food for thought for the minority criticising SL for selling him. You can't keep a player here once big money from the Prem comes knocking at the door. 

Unless Bournemouth pick up a win or two soon it's going to be tough for him going into a team already struggling quite badly, but best wishes to him.

• Like 8

Per some comments above

Personally @BigTone condensed version is a  highlight of my weekend and I am always pleased to see his wit n wisdom. I also much enjoy skim reading @Jerseybean fantastically well researched Version Original!

However  also like to read stuff about anyone who may make City some future wonga!

The list would include

Scott

Semenyo

Kelly

Kiddie that went to Portsmouth

Webster

Etc etc etc and i really don't see anything wrong with that. However a former player sub forum may be a good idea, so we don't keep getting who cares posts as clearly some do for good reason!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Per some comments above

Personally @BigTone condensed version is a  highlight of my weekend and I am always pleased to see his wit n wisdom. I also much enjoy skim reading @Jerseybean fantastically well researched Version Original!

However  also like to read stuff about anyone who may make City some future wonga!

The list would include

Scott

Semenyo

Kelly

Kiddie that went to Portsmouth

Webster

Etc etc etc and i really don't see anything wrong with that. However a former player sub forum may be a good idea, so we don't keep getting who cares posts as clearly some do for good reason!

Good point

19 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Latest on AS https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67144487

Personally like the suggestion from @REDOXO of having an ex players sub forum, what do the @Admin think? 

13 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Agreed - ex players and ex managers.

Yeah I suppose it was the idea of certain players who in theory could earn us sell on money keeps us interested and we don’t have to go through the constant who cares posts. 

However I am also interested in retired players and their thoughts/what happened as in the Peter Spiring thread. 

I get that it is a lot of extra work for @phantom and his mates so would probably be a non starter unless someone volunteers to mod it etc. 

Also the added bonus of being able to ignore everything any one ever writes about Lee Johnson ever again!!! Yeah baby!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Yeah I suppose it was the idea of certain players who in theory could earn us sell on money keeps us interested and we don’t have to go through the constant who cares posts. 

However I am also interested in retired players and their thoughts/what happened as in the Peter Spiring thread. 

I get that it is a lot of extra work for @phantom and his mates so would probably be a non starter unless someone volunteers to mod it etc. 

Also the added bonus of being able to ignore everything any one ever writes about Lee Johnson ever again!!! Yeah baby!

I thought he talked a good game 👷