IGNORED

Is Scott still injuried

3 hours ago, Henry said:

You do realise you don’t have to go around telling people you don’t care or asking why they do care? You’re doing it quite a lot. That’s not part of your role as admin or a board member of the trust.

Perhaps focus on the things people do care about and feeding thing to and from the club.

I'm a bit lost here. What is the difference of anyone who is admin telling someone they don't care or any other member on here saying the same thing?

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Exactly my thoughts too

I'm sure people can answer here though

AFCB - Official Club Website

UpTheCherries Forum | AFC Bournemouth Forum (vitalfootball.co.uk)

I had a look at the first 10 pages of their forum and found no threads about him - clearly nobody has any interest over there

Poor old Rob Atkinson- he doesn't make our own top ten pages either.

McCrorie wades in at page No9 so we interested a tiny bit whilst Benarous is slightly more interesting at page No6.

Vyner is slipping down the charts but Lee Johnson remains incredibly interesting over 100's of pages.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Bit of a childish retort, just because people don't care doesn't mean they don't read and reply to a thread

Out of interest do you follow all our ex players to the same level?

Personally as soon as they walk away from BS3 that is where my interest ends

I'd rather put my time and effort into backing those still pulling on the red of Bristol City

Sadly unless we get him to sign a new contract I would fully expect him to be gone in January, but he would be going North not South East - but that is for a discussion on a different thread

Of course I would rather our best players stay. In general, Am I interested in former players, I think we all are to a certain extent. Scott on the other hand is different. 

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Bit of a childish retort, just because people don't care doesn't mean they don't read and reply to a thread

Out of interest do you follow all our ex players to the same level?

Personally as soon as they walk away from BS3 that is where my interest ends

I'd rather put my time and effort into backing those still pulling on the red of Bristol City

Sadly unless we get him to sign a new contract I would fully expect him to be gone in January, but he would be going North not South East - but that is for a discussion on a different thread

So what you’re in effect doing is coming into a thread you don’t care about to prove how Bristol City you are?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

I think he probably assumes they are going down this year 

Fair enough, you could be right, but I reckon @Bristol Oil Services wrongly assumed AFC Bournemouth is plying its trade in the Championship this season. I also reckon the Cherries will be fine though because Sheffield Utd, Hatters and Burnley may well all perform worse than Bournemouth this season - but I bet they are regretting getting rid of our old stalwart Gary O’Neill as gaffer though ... even if they will probably stay up simply because other sides aren’t as good as them ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, you could be right, but I reckon @Bristol Oil Services wrongly assumed AFC Bournemouth is plying its trade in the Championship this season. I also reckon the Cherries will be fine though because Sheffield Utd, Hatters and Burnley may well all perform worse than Bournemouth this season - but I bet they are regretting getting rid of our old stalwart Gary O’Neill as gaffer though ... even if they will probably stay up simply because other sides aren’t as good as them ...

BOS's response was to a post saying that it looks like Bournemouth may get relegated this season.

• Thanks 1

In hindsight it now looks like Wolves might have been the better choice for him, although it didn't seem like it at the time.

Wolves look to have the basis of a decent squad this season but Bournemouth look like a train crash. Tough ask for anyone to come into a struggling team for their first experience of PL.

Whether Wolves were prepared to meet the asking price or been prepared for a 3 month injury is another question.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:20, Porto Red said:

That thought may occur to him, but quick as a flash he'll remember his bank balance and be perfectly content with his decision after all thank you very much.

To be fair if he plays well for the rest of the season he will be picked up by a team as they drop.  I'm not sure he will care either way.  He seemed genuinely gutted to be leaving, and he's a lovely lad so only wish him the best.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:29, phantom said:

Exactly my thoughts too

I'm sure people can answer here though

AFCB - Official Club Website

UpTheCherries Forum | AFC Bournemouth Forum (vitalfootball.co.uk)

I had a look at the first 10 pages of their forum and found no threads about him - clearly nobody has any interest over there

Don't just look at thread titles, if you do a search for Alex Scott he is getting plenty of mentions from people that seem to be genuinely excited for him to start and are seeing his introduction to the team as a potential turning point for their season!

Personally I would love to see him thrive in the top echelons of the game, I still take an interest whenever I see Tammy Abraham's name pop up and he wasn't even ours!

• Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, Ashtongreight said:

For me it isn’t hindsight, Bournemouth were never a good choice. I understand the draw of the PL, both in terms of money, the chance to play at the highest level , and the opportunity of exposure, however Scott is good enough to go to a better club than Bournemouth who at present are at best a yo-yo club. 

I imagine they were the only ones that were prepared to pay and take him knowing he would be injured for a decent chunk of the season. Hopefully when he returns Bournemouth either kick on and stay up or he plays well enough to get another move, will be interesting to keep an eye on.

To be fair to Alex's Bournmouth choice, he might not have expected to be injured for as long as he has been. Or that their team might have struggled as they have done so far.  Hindsight is easy to judge.

I guess going forward he may come back soon and have a fantastic season for them and put himself back in the shop window that if they do come down, another PL club (or abroad) might come in and snap him up. 

Or perhaps he stays, they get relegated but they bounce straight back up to the PL.  Who knows.  There are too many scenarios this could play out for some to call his move to them a mistake just yet.

• Like 1

It’s maybe going very well for Alex.

He was bought very much to improve their team and with 8 games gone and Bournemouth winless and 2nd bottom, he hasn’t played a minute.

Hopefully he’ll be back very soon and stay fit and if they then climb out of the relegation zone to safety it could all look very good for Alex. 

On 12/10/2023 at 02:17, Ashtongreight said:

For me it isn’t hindsight, Bournemouth were never a good choice. I understand the draw of the PL, both in terms of money, the chance to play at the highest level , and the opportunity of exposure, however Scott is good enough to go to a better club than Bournemouth who at present are at best a yo-yo club. 

Two things. If Scott is better than Bournemouth, why did no other teams come in for him?

Also how are Bournemouth a Yo-Yo club? They got to the Prem in 2015 and haven't been down since....

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Two things. If Scott is better than Bournemouth, why did no other teams come in for him?

Also how are Bournemouth a Yo-Yo club? They got to the Prem in 2015 and haven't been down since....

They were Championship 21/22

image.png.507300c942a9eb211a1a0a04f04e1c7e.png

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

Hope he comes back and inspires their upturn in form

When it was said in the media that we were asking a ridiculous amount - I hope he proves these people wrong

We have a sell on, meaning that Scott being successful increases our chances of a windfall in future.

Scott has been vocal about how thankful he is for the development achieved here - this can only be beneficial when recruiting in future, particularly if he goes on to break into the international set up

• Like 2

On 12/10/2023 at 01:59, fgrsimon said:

In hindsight it now looks like Wolves might have been the better choice for him, although it didn't seem like it at the time.

Wolves look to have the basis of a decent squad this season but Bournemouth look like a train crash. Tough ask for anyone to come into a struggling team for their first experience of PL.

Whether Wolves were prepared to meet the asking price or been prepared for a 3 month injury is another question.

It was rumoured at the time , by Wolves fans, that they would have to sell to free up money to be able to spend. I saw posts saying they were close to FFP too . 
It did seem that, although Wolves were said to be very interested, Bournemouth were the only real credible option. 

On 12/10/2023 at 19:18, ralphindevon said:

It’s maybe going very well for Alex.

He was bought very much to improve their team and with 8 games gone and Bournemouth winless and 2nd bottom, he hasn’t played a minute.

Hopefully he’ll be back very soon and stay fit and if they then climb out of the relegation zone to safety it could all look very good for Alex. 

Or he could end up back in the Championship next year!