IGNORED

England Vs Australia

luke_bristol

8 hours ago, North London Red said:

Mine was £25. 
As for why people go…in many cases it’ll be for loyalty points towards the next Euros or World Cup (the more games you go to, the higher the likelihood of being guaranteed for tournaments, or for the more appealing away qualifiers). 
In other cases it’ll be to keep a run going. 
Or to catch up with friends from around the country who support other clubs, have a beer or two pre and post game, and discuss plans for Skopje next month and for Germany next summer (assuming we don’t mess up qualification, that is). 

OK i get the loyalty points aspect..i hadn;t considered that...thanks

• Admin
11 hours ago, North London Red said:

Don’t think that’s the case. 

There have been quite a few recent home games not at Wembley….North Macedonia at Old Trafford just 4 months ago, two games at Molineux last year, plus other games in recent times at Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, Sunderland, two at Middlesbrough, and one at Manchester City. 

That was purely because other events had priority at Wembley 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

That was purely because other events had priority at Wembley 

For the North Macedonia at Old Trafford game, yes (it was a Harry Styles concert that meant Wembley was unavailable), but not for all the other examples.
The two games at Middlesbrough in 2021 and the two games at Molineux in 2022 weren’t due to clashes at Wembley as far as I can recall. 

The FA said in 2014 that most games would need to be played at Wembley for the following 8-9 years (link below) but there have been nine I can recall during that period not at Wembley, and the North Macedonia game is the only one I can remember where Wembley was unavailable (but I stand to be corrected on that). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29045977

Edited by North London Red

12 hours ago, maxjak said:

May i ask how much a ticket cost? i would need to be paid to watch this game, Absolutely no offence intended........but I just fail to understand why anyone would waste their time and money attending this?

I live in Essex and work in the capital, so easy for me. My kids were keen to go to a game and unfortunately all England games are evening kick off’s pretty much. I cannot stand int breaks, I find the pace of int football even worse than the Champ to be honest, I would rather not have spent £40 a ticket to go as you don’t get concessions of course. But the kids enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I live in Essex and work in the capital, so easy for me. My kids were keen to go to a game and unfortunately all England games are evening kick off’s pretty much. I cannot stand int breaks, I find the pace of int football even worse than the Champ to be honest, I would rather not have spent £40 a ticket to go as you don’t get concessions of course. But the kids enjoyed it. 

I’ve been wanting to take my daughter but they’re always evening kick offs, makes it really difficult.

3 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Man U fans been very critical of him .

Said if he wasn’t homegrown the media would be hammering Rashford .

Totally agree , got to be one of the most miserable looking players in the prem , you certainly wouldn’t want him next to you in the trenches no fight and terrible body language .  Shame as when he is in the groove ( which isn’t often ) he is very very good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, North London Red said:

It is, but I should have been more specific.  Wembley Stadium has the right, but not the obligation, to host all England Internationals.

The Macedonia Old Trafford match clashed with another event at Wembley.

49 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Rashford, Phillips, Henderson & Maguire are all selections that don't equal any rational process.

Yet poor Ward-Prowse must farted in his coffee or something.

We've got a wealth of talent and I really think Southgate has started to lose the plot a bit and he's squandering talent.

Rashford Phillips Henderson deffo time to move on ( rashford could force his way back in if he pulls his socks up and kicks the sulky moody attitude ) as for maguire I still think he plays well for England but the problem is lack of club game time all those critics saying how poor Utd are in defence because of maguire well what’s there excuse now Utd defence is even worse without Maguire 

3 hours ago, pillred said:

I'm probably biased, but at the moment I think we have some of the world's best players.

A select couple are in the conversation for their position, but certainly not the majority of the squad 

Goalkeeper comfortable playing the ball out the way Pep wants? Not sure about that

Maguire, certainly not. 

Henderson, no. Rashford, no. Wilson, no. A good forward but not among the worlds best by quite a stretch.

That's before getting to some of the rest in the current squad 

We’ve got Jude, Kane, Saka, Foden, Stones, Rice. Would say those walk into most international teams. 

Not a bad set of players around them with Walker, Trippier, Shaw, James, Maddison. Rashford sadly out of form but he can be decent. 

In all honesty, all we miss is another decent CB and a manager to make decent tactical decisions in the big games.

21 hours ago, North London Red said:

There have been quite a few recent home games not at Wembley….North Macedonia at Old Trafford just 4 months ago, two games at Molineux last year, plus other games in recent times at Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, Sunderland, two at Middlesbrough, and one at Manchester City. 

They tend to go around the country in tournament years. Middlesbrough was pre Euro 20, Leeds/Leicester was ahead of 2018 WC etc

The game at OT was a clash with an event at Wembley, Harry Styles I think!

20 hours ago, maxjak said:

May i ask how much a ticket cost? i would need to be paid to watch this game, Absolutely no offence intended........but I just fail to understand why anyone would waste their time and money attending this?

Usual price bands ranging from £25 to £85 I think.

Problem is, if you’re a keen England follower and want to get away/tournament tickets, you have to go to these games and collect the caps.

ive been every home qualifier and I’m going Tuesday, I couldn’t face that last night knowing what sort of game it would be.

3 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Rashford, Phillips, Henderson & Maguire are all selections that don't equal any rational process.

Yet poor Ward-Prowse must farted in his coffee or something.

We've got a wealth of talent and I really think Southgate has started to lose the plot a bit and he's squandering talent.

I disagree, mainly on Maguire.

Football isn’t played on paper and international games are different to domestic - as some have mentioned of viewing in regards the pace.

Domestic form doesn’t always relay into international performances.

Last night proved you can’t just throw 4/5/6 new players in and hope they gel. You have to have a core of experience and bring people in slowly. It also proved my point above about domestic form.

While Stones was injured, it made sense to use Maguire. He’s very rarely had a bad game for England, put him in and a newbie alongside him. Throwing two new centre backs in together would have been a risk. It’s also questionable whether anyone else has the quality and consistency yet to replace him.

Rashford has a little credit from the euros. Henderson’s time is up for me with the quality we have in those positions. Phillips is a maybe but again he’s about 3/4th in line for that position for me.

JWP probably deserved a chance against Australia, but I’m not convinced he’s international quality.

Just my views though to be honest and fully understand why people question their inclusion.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, North London Red said:

Mine was £25. 
As for why people go…in many cases it’ll be for loyalty points towards the next Euros or World Cup (the more games you go to, the higher the likelihood of being guaranteed for tournaments, or for the more appealing away qualifiers). 
In other cases it’ll be to keep a run going. 
Or to catch up with friends from around the country who support other clubs, have a beer or two pre and post game, and discuss plans for Skopje next month and for Germany next summer (assuming we don’t mess up qualification, that is). 

Mine was £45 (cat 3) and I think I must have been sat near Nevertothedarkside. I rather enjoyed it, to be honest. The game was terrible and it was spectacularly wet at times, but as long as you avoid the burgers, the foods ok, and the beers a lot better than it used to be, albeit £7.20 a pint. It’s a habit and the loyalty points are important, but life’s short and I love the fact that I can now look back over hundreds of England games over 40 years. My first Australia game, I think, which was good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Usual price bands ranging from £25 to £85 I think.

Problem is, if you’re a keen England follower and want to get away/tournament tickets, you have to go to these games and collect the caps.

ive been every home qualifier and I’m going Tuesday, I couldn’t face that last night knowing what sort of game it would be.

Thanks  for the update.........I now understand how it works   

Edited by maxjak
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Thanks for your reply.......Pleased to hear your kids enjoyed it