IGNORED

England Vs Australia

luke_bristol

11 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Rashford, Phillips, Henderson & Maguire are all selections that don't equal any rational process.

Yet poor Ward-Prowse must farted in his coffee or something.

We've got a wealth of talent and I really think Southgate has started to lose the plot a bit and he's squandering talent.

There is a very big wealth of talent, and the manager did the correct thing by giving some of the potential talent a chance. OK not probably the best team he could have put out but without trying what can he compare with.

Australia will never be in the class of England for many years to come but the side they put on the park does and always will give a good work out for the opposing team either it a friendly or a potential world cup qualifier.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Mine was £45 (cat 3) and I think I must have been sat near Nevertothedarkside. I rather enjoyed it, to be honest. The game was terrible and it was spectacularly wet at times, but as long as you avoid the burgers, the foods ok, and the beers a lot better than it used to be, albeit £7.20 a pint. It’s a habit and the loyalty points are important, but life’s short and I love the fact that I can now look back over hundreds of England games over 40 years. My first Australia game, I think, which was good. 

That's a crazy price for a drink

I suppose there's both the 'you're in the stadium, so where else will you go' and the London price element, but you can get 2 pints where I work with change from that*

*if you're a member, otherwise you it's a pint and a half for under 7.20

Edited by transfer reader

7 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Mine was £45 (cat 3) and I think I must have been sat near Nevertothedarkside. I rather enjoyed it, to be honest. The game was terrible and it was spectacularly wet at times, but as long as you avoid the burgers, the foods ok, and the beers a lot better than it used to be, albeit £7.20 a pint. It’s a habit and the loyalty points are important, but life’s short and I love the fact that I can now look back over hundreds of England games over 40 years. My first Australia game, I think, which was good. 

I went to The England v Germany game last year at Wembley, a good night out. Did consider getting tickets for the Italy game on Tuesday but forgot about it to be honest. Paid about £60 for my ticket last year. 

On 15/10/2023 at 06:49, transfer reader said:

That's a crazy price for a drink

I suppose there's both the 'you're in the stadium, so where else will you go' and the London price element, but you can get 2 pints where I work with change from that*

*if you're a member, otherwise you it's a pint and a half for under 7.20

Drinks are more expensive at Cheltenham racecourse!

• Like 1

On 13/10/2023 at 22:56, !james said:

I am a Southgate apologist but he really isn't helping himself with his support and continued picking of Henderson. Of course you know why he was booed, stop acting dumb. 

On the BBC Website, when asked by a journo,   why he thought he was   jeered, he replied  "Not really, I don't know"  And then, later " I can understand the reasons in what they are saying, but I obviously look at it from a different point of view"    Henderson is either being misquoted.......or maybe he is just a very mixed up and confused individual, who has convinced himself that it's not just about tons of money    over his principles?

46 minutes ago, maxjak said:

On the BBC Website, when asked by a journo,   why he thought he was   jeered, he replied  "Not really, I don't know"  And then, later " I can understand the reasons in what they are saying, but I obviously look at it from a different point of view"    Henderson is either being misquoted.......or maybe he is just a very mixed up and confused individual, who has convinced himself that it's not just about tons of money    over his principles?

Or like most players and just thick as shit!

• Like 1