IGNORED

England Vs Australia

luke_bristol

Southgate when he sticks to the tried and trusted players - he’s ruining are golden generation!!!!’ Where’s Tomori he’s so good for Serie A I watch every week!!! Where Colwill drop Maguire!!!

Southgate when he gives new players a chance - this is absolutely rubbish!!!!! We are crap!!! Southgate out!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Southgate when he sticks to the tried and trusted players - he’s ruining are golden generation!!!!’ Where’s Tomori he’s so good for Serie A I watch every week!!! Where Colwill drop Maguire!!!

Southgate when he gives new players a chance - this is absolutely rubbish!!!!! We are crap!!! Southgate out!!!!

Don't think the issue is that new players are being given a chance, its who and how many at once.

The side out there largely doesn't resemble one that would be picked even if all the ones getting a chance played well.

Whats the point of giving someone an opportunity if when they impress they're going to be a part of a defense where the other 4 players have all changed.

A more sensible way would be to change defender midfielder, etc. Instead of wholesale.

I'd have had something like Dunk and Tomori in, wouldn't have had Gallagher in the squad but if I was playing him I'd have kept Rice in instead of Henderson who is playing at a level probably akin to mid championship now.

Both things can happen, chances can be given to new players AND a half decent side put out. I'm not sure why you've fallen into a false dichotomy. 

• Like 1

Get in.

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Can’t make up my mind on Grealish.  Has undoubted qualities but I can’t help feeling the game slows when he’s on the ball. Always wants to take 3 or 4 touches before doing anything desisive.  

Did ok then!

14 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That was dire. Fortunately, watched the Bears on the iPad at the same time which relieved the boredom.

Such a  contrast to the free flowing, positive Under 21s game last night. Think we coach all the talent out of our seniors. Diabolical. 

Think that takes away credit from the Australians , who I thought were excellent considering they lack any real stars - Really well drilled and energetic , first to a lot of second ball,  some decent forward balls, played to their strengths

We meanwhile had a completely ‘thrown together’ eleven to give players opportunity - No established partnerships anywhere on the pitch so not surprising that we weren’t great

Undoubtedly there’s also the effect of those players given an opportunity looking to personally impress which isn’t always conjusive to the team performance

I thought Colwill was sensible and steady , Watkins bright in moments ,TAA the best player on the pitch

If I had a disappointment , and some slight continued doubts , it’s whether Grealish and Maddison are quite the Mavericks at International Level that some claim.

* Not aimed at you personally RR - just a general reaction to the views on our performance - It certainly wasn’t great but some maybe understandable ingredients

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2