IGNORED

Coventry City at home match thread

Afternoon all from a cold Tallinn, down to zero at night already, much earlier this year. Hope this makeshift team can pull something out of the bag for this game and we all know it wont be from the want of trying. I will be happy with a draw, but who knows, perhaps 3 points. So Come On You Reds.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Think, from what NP has said, Conway will play as a traditional no9, with Weimann and Bell on the wings, and Sykes in no10role.  Possibly, however, Weimann and Sykes may swap the positions I have assigned them

Whatever, I trust in Nige

COYR

Surely Sykes at RB and TGH attacking MF behind Conway 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Who’s J.James?

From the EP in May this year

Joseph James

The defender played as a right-sided centre-back in the back three but he also showed the qualities and attributes to move across to right-back if needed. One of his first acts in the game was to throw himself into a late barge on opponent Brandon Liggett, letting him know he was going to be involved in a contest.

He was the smallest of the central defensive trio but has a great leap which City were eager to take advantage of. The threat was evident in the first 10 minutes when a delivery to the back post narrowly evaded his run behind.

A few minutes later and City had their reward when Owers' corner found James at the back post. He knocked it back across goal for Jed Meerholz to steer home. James almost had one for himself when his volley was superbly stopped by Jude Franks in the Cheltenham goal.

There were three notable touches that highlighted his technical ability, each of which consisted of him smoothly controlling a lofted ball forward - one of which earned a roar of approval from the stands when he brought it down on his chest before coolly squaring it to keep possession.

He looked for the quick passes forward, picking out the runs of Callum Hutton who was playing as the No10, creating space and movement for his fellow frontmen.

IMG_4299.jpeg

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Think, from what NP has said, Conway will play as a traditional no9, with Weimann and Bell on the wings, and Sykes in no10role.  Possibly, however, Weimann and Sykes may swap the positions I have assigned them

Whatever, I trust in Nige

COYR

Hope Weimann is not out wide, never see the best of him there. Central as the ACM I would hope.

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

From the EP in May this year

Joseph James

The defender played as a right-sided centre-back in the back three but he also showed the qualities and attributes to move across to right-back if needed. One of his first acts in the game was to throw himself into a late barge on opponent Brandon Liggett, letting him know he was going to be involved in a contest.

He was the smallest of the central defensive trio but has a great leap which City were eager to take advantage of. The threat was evident in the first 10 minutes when a delivery to the back post narrowly evaded his run behind.

A few minutes later and City had their reward when Owers' corner found James at the back post. He knocked it back across goal for Jed Meerholz to steer home. James almost had one for himself when his volley was superbly stopped by Jude Franks in the Cheltenham goal.

There were three notable touches that highlighted his technical ability, each of which consisted of him smoothly controlling a lofted ball forward - one of which earned a roar of approval from the stands when he brought it down on his chest before coolly squaring it to keep possession.

He looked for the quick passes forward, picking out the runs of Callum Hutton who was playing as the No10, creating space and movement for his fellow frontmen.

IMG_4299.jpeg

Looking at that picture I reckon he’s never going to struggle to get a girlfriend..

Never heard of him, interesting that he’s in front of Araoye or Morrison.

Absolute bare bones today, knew that Naismith was out on Thursday but Williams is a new one.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Looking at that picture I reckon he’s never going to struggle to get a girlfriend..

Absolute bare bones today, knew that Naismith was out on Thursday but Williams is a new one.

NP said on RB Williams calf injury at the end of training yesterday.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely. I’d give him a 3 year pro contract just based on that hair cut.

As an aside, pleased for Duncan Idehen.

Was told by someone I respect that he was consistently one of the best players for the 21s last season but was being sidelined from selection following a minor disciplinary indiscretion.

Don’t think he would have got another chance without the absence of so many.

Don’t want us to lose any more defenders but don’t think he will let us down.

• Like 3