IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If what you are saying is true (not doubting it based on past experience) I would be very surprised if Nige hasn't got wind of it, if you have why wouldn't he, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is saying his goodbyes very quickly. I would even doubt whether he is here at the weekend. Why would you bother to keep the seat warm for Gary Rowett or whoever in his predicament?

Maybe he thinks he has enough political capital to force the confrontation- it’s pretty clear that he has the fans backing on this. 

His one card is this playing out publicly, and he’s played that card wonderfully. 

• Like 2

31 pages of this and still going. What a ******* mess.

We should be talking about our 3 points Saturday. Should be talking about how nicely we’re sitting in the table currently and looking to push on with this squad. This is the most hungry, competitive squad we have had for some time and it’s all down to Nige and his playing staff. 

He has got the right people in, at last. Please don’t **** this up Steve.

• Like 3

Just now, Lew-T said:

31 pages of this and still going. What a ******* mess.

We should be talking about our 3 points Saturday. Should be talking about how nicely we’re sitting in the table currently and looking to push on with this squad. This is the most hungry, competitive squad we have had for some time and it’s all down to Nige and his playing staff. 

He has got the right people in, at last. Please don’t **** this up Steve.

Maybe something has gone on behind the scenes 

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Maybe he thinks he has enough political capital to force the confrontation- it’s pretty clear that he has the fans backing on this. 

His one card is this playing out publicly, and he’s played that card wonderfully. 

It's his last card, a good card but not one that's going to win the round unfortunately!! He'll get a lot of support tomorrow, gives him a chance to stick the old middle finger up at Steve and then I would imagine he will be gone quickly leaving Junior to head up a vigorous recruitment process again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If what you are saying is true (not doubting it based on past experience) I would be very surprised if Nige hasn't got wind of it, if you have why wouldn't he, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is saying his goodbyes very quickly. I would even doubt whether he is here at the weekend. Why would you bother to keep the seat warm for Gary Rowett or whoever in his predicament?

Might be why NP was keen to state at the weekend that he intends seeing out his contract. A message to SL maybe. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

It's his last card, a good card but not one that's going to win the round unfortunately!! He'll get a lot of support tomorrow, gives him a chance to stick the old middle finger up at Steve and then I would imagine he will be gone quickly leaving Junior to head up a vigorous recruitment process again.

Maybe the club is being proactive and going all out to get John Eustace?

• Haha 4

Just now, Gabriella said:

Maybe the club is being proactive and going all out to get John Eustace?

You might jest or maybe you aren't........but Eustace and Rowett is exactly where we will be shopping. If either of those replace Nige and they don't hit the ground running Ashton Gate won't be a happy place. Nige has stabilised the club as he was asked and agreed to do - there is only one successful outcome for the next Manager and it isn't more stabilisation.

13 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

What is there to explain, Pearson falling out with clubs isn’t uncommon, the debacle at Derby was clear to everyone to see. There is always a danger that when you are the blunt forthright type you may not be to everyone’s taste, especially an imagine conscious owner….

I appreciate he has mellowed with age, but Pearson ain’t no saint, from being labelled a bully by people in the media to telling fans to ‘**** off and die’ when things at Leicester turned sour.

don’t get me wrong it seems he is being treated harshly here, but he ain’t the messiah that some are making out on here.

The thing is, nobody is making out he’s the messiah, they just think he’s doing a good job in crap circumstances.  But if you play out the notion that fans are saying that…then you can play your hand that he isn’t as a controversial statement.  You’re creating controversy on something that isn’t really being said.

• Like 11

Just now, lenred said:

Quite possibly 😙!  Waco is doing my swede in though!

You weren’t fella , I think you spoke for many , and some

Hes a troll 

Still colleges go back from half term soon 

Whats funny is clowns like him , are going to get their reward City wise , and not in a positive way 

Many of us have seen what happens next 

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You might jest or maybe you aren't........but Eustace and Rowett is exactly where we will be shopping. If either of those replace Nige and they don't hit the ground running Ashton Gate won't be a happy place. Nige has stabilised the club as he was asked and agreed to do - there is only one successful outcome for the next Manager and it isn't more stabilisation.

It is exactly where we will be shopping, the difference is Eustace is a very highly rated coach who has turned down multiple championship number 1 jobs, he is a Birmingham fan, they recon they would’ve struggled to get him if he wasn’t……Rowett on the other hand isn’t appealing at all.

• Haha 1

Just now, Superjack said:

I will reply to this one. 

I am indeed bereft. I have followed this football club since the 80's, and very rarely in those 40+ years has any manager given me REAL belief. 

I can name the ones that have.

Cooper, Jordan, Johnson Senior (although I never took to him), Cotterill.

Now we have another. 

But Pearson doesn't just give me belief that he can build a path to the promised land. It's much, much more than that. 

Because none of the other names that I have lauded had to put right such a mess (created by the people in charge), whilst at the same time slashing the wage bill, promoting youth to the first team and frankly being given the bare minimum of support from above.

And all this while the clowns upstairs talk of promotion. 

And having done all that, plus turning youth into multi-million pound sales, he gets the taps turned off.

You can dress it up any way you like. But it is obvious to anybody who cares to look, that the Lansdowns do not like Pearson. 

So. We ask ourselves the question why. 

And in our research we look at other managers that they have fallen out with. 

And then we can only come to the conclusion that this pattern has nothing to do with results on the field or any ability to do the job and give the support base licence to dream, but more to do with the hierarchies insistence on adulation, subservience and the ability to interfere beyond their skillset (whatever THAT is).

I hope this answers your question. 

Best wishes.

Fair enough, I don’t see what you’re seeing re:Pearson, but acknowledge he has done a good job.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Genuine question, why are you so worked up about it? You seem bereft (I’m not taking the piss).

You clearly haven’t supported this club long,been through the really hard times that nearly wrecked our club. We are upset because NO is a manager we believe in and he is being treated shockingly.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I will reply to this one. 

I am indeed bereft. I have followed this football club since the 80's, and very rarely in those 40+ years has any manager given me REAL belief. 

I can name the ones that have.

Cooper, Jordan, Johnson Senior (although I never took to him), Cotterill.

Now we have another. 

But Pearson doesn't just give me belief that he can build a path to the promised land. It's much, much more than that. 

Because none of the other names that I have lauded had to put right such a mess (created by the people in charge), whilst at the same time slashing the wage bill, promoting youth to the first team and frankly being given the bare minimum of support from above.

And all this while the clowns upstairs talk of promotion. 

And having done all that, plus turning youth into multi-million pound sales, he gets the taps turned off.

You can dress it up any way you like. But it is obvious to anybody who cares to look, that the Lansdowns do not like Pearson. 

So. We ask ourselves the question why. 

And in our research we look at other managers that they have fallen out with. 

And then we can only come to the conclusion that this pattern has nothing to do with results on the field or any ability to do the job and give the support base licence to dream, but more to do with the hierarchies insistence on adulation, subservience and the ability to interfere beyond their skillset (whatever THAT is).

I hope this answers your question. 

Best wishes.

Superb , and I am exactly at the same point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

What is there to explain, Pearson falling out with clubs isn’t uncommon, the debacle at Derby was clear to everyone to see. There is always a danger that when you are the blunt forthright type you may not be to everyone’s taste, especially an imagine conscious owner….

I appreciate he has mellowed with age, but Pearson ain’t no saint, from being labelled a bully by people in the media to telling fans to ‘**** off and die’ when things at Leicester turned sour.

don’t get me wrong it seems he is being treated harshly here, but he ain’t the messiah that some are making out on here.

Ah Derby. Mel Morris. Turned out to be a  cracking chairman. 
You only need to see how in high regard he is held at Leicester to put that one to bed too.

No one is making him out to be the messiah. Just someone doing a good job, being shown no respect from above. 

I think you know this and just making an argument for the sake of it but it’s Monday and **** all on TV so thought I’d  bite.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Ah Derby. Mel Morris. Turned out to be a  cracking chairman. 
You only need to see how in high regard he is held at Leicester to put that one to bed too.

No one is making him out to be the messiah. Just someone doing a good job, being shown no respect from above. 

I think you know this and just making an argument for the sake of it but it’s Monday and **** all on TV so thought I’d  bite.

His record post Leicester hasn’t been great.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The thing is, nobody is making out he’s the messiah, they just think he’s doing a good job in crap circumstances.  But if you play out the notion that fans are saying that…then you can play your hand that he isn’t as a controversial statement.  You’re creating controversy on something that isn’t really being said.

To be fair to whoever this controversial poster is, this thread has contained a few posters saying they'll quit support if Nige is sacked, which is a tad OTT, albeit we've heard it many times before on various issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

It is exactly where we will be shopping, the difference is Eustace is a very highly rated coach who has turned down multiple championship number 1 jobs, he is a Birmingham fan, they recon they would’ve struggled to get him if he wasn’t……Rowett on the other hand isn’t appealing at all.

Eustace is a Villa fan , 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 19:43, Jerseybean said:

He is quoted as saying ‘I will honour my contract’ 

In reality he will take a settlement if he knows someone else has been lined up to replace him. If you think about it the longer he stays the more bitter he will become (very understandably too). That won't benefit anyone. I'm thinking he knows the writing is on the wall and he's forcing it publicly because he doesn't need to suck up to the clueless clowns who own/run our football club. All you are left with otherwise is a demotivated Manager and Coaching Staff and very quickly that transfers down to players...............as certain as night follows day that is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair to whoever this controversial poster is, this thread has contained a few posters saying they'll quit support if Nige is sacked, which is a tad OTT, albeit we've heard it many times before on various issues.

With the caveat of " whilst the two clowns are in charge of and own the football club."

• Flames 1