IGNORED

Poll: Does Pearson Deserve a 24 Month Contract Extension

MelksRed

Pearson 24 Month Contract Extension  

920 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

After sleeping on it and reflecting on the comments and thoughts, my overarching feelings now are…

1) What do the Lansdown’s expect to be happening now, that they feel aren’t being reached?

2) Who do they expect/have in mind that could do any better?

We know that they’ve become delusional in some of their more recent comment, I.e JL saying in his last ‘interview’ we should have more points (based on absolutely nothing), SL’s nest egg and Luton comments, saying in the last two seasons under LJ he expected us to be promoted (I think he even said, promoted easily?) etc. 

I think they’re now doubling down on delusion tbh. They think because they finances are much better, and we’ve ‘invested’ again albeit at a pittance of what’s been sold, they equate that to expectation. The reality is very very different in that we sold our best player when the season had already started, and the football operation weren’t allowed to replace him. That should lower expectations straight off the bat. 

I’m absolutely certain if asked about the academy, they’ll put the success of that & Scott/Conway/Bell’s pathway down to the HPC (I.e ‘my investing’), rather than quality of coaching and manager. I’d put my mortgage on it in fact. 

As said yesterday, we need a manager not head coach because we need someone who’ll be more of an overseer than a hands on, on the training ground every day coach like LJ & Holden were. Those set ups say “I’m here to coach” and don’t get involved in operational stuff, but there’s such a void in the operational side due to how absolutely horrifically structured we are that we’ll need a Manager to plug those gaps. Even Coppell didn’t get involved in it, and look what happened there. History is likely going to repeat itself. 

Let’s not forget that if Pearson goes, it’s not a look at the manager odds and predict who’ll come in and scour the rumours. It’ll also very likely mean Fleming, Euell, and even bigger Rennie probably going too. The latter being an absolute huge cog behind the scenes not just linked to our improved fitness, but again as a leader around the HPC every day. 

They’ll be in for a shock if they think they’ll get a huge name flock to the job and be happy to work under the financial constraints in place, with the squad we have, too. Again, unless that’ll just be scrapped for whoever is the newbie.

Nothing at all seems to be adding up to me tbh, outside of it being a personal dislike of him or a more worrying genuine delusion that we should be 1/2/3rd right now just because we’ve actually made some signings in the last two windows. 

I personally now can see Pearson leaving being sped up before Christmas, or a new short term deal being given in January at the earliest if it’d literally be inexcusable not to because we’re top 7/8 or something. I can’t see signings wanting to jump on board when they’re going to be speaking to a manager about the future, and he doesn’t even himself know if he’ll be there from May onwards due to a contract expiry rather than poor results. 

Superb , thoughtful post highlighting the effects of shunning NP

Ive said for a while , IMHO , it will be the worst football decision made at the Club in the last 50 years

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

After sleeping on it and reflecting on the comments and thoughts, my overarching feelings now are…

1) What do the Lansdown’s expect to be happening now, that they feel aren’t being reached?

2) Who do they expect/have in mind that could do any better?

We know that they’ve become delusional in some of their more recent comment, I.e JL saying in his last ‘interview’ we should have more points (based on absolutely nothing), SL’s nest egg and Luton comments, saying in the last two seasons under LJ he expected us to be promoted (I think he even said, promoted easily?) etc. 

I think they’re now doubling down on delusion tbh. They think because they finances are much better, and we’ve ‘invested’ again albeit at a pittance of what’s been sold, they equate that to expectation. The reality is very very different in that we sold our best player when the season had already started, and the football operation weren’t allowed to replace him. That should lower expectations straight off the bat. 

I’m absolutely certain if asked about the academy, they’ll put the success of that & Scott/Conway/Bell’s pathway down to the HPC (I.e ‘my investing’), rather than quality of coaching and manager. I’d put my mortgage on it in fact. 

As said yesterday, we need a manager not head coach because we need someone who’ll be more of an overseer than a hands on, on the training ground every day coach like LJ & Holden were. Those set ups say “I’m here to coach” and don’t get involved in operational stuff, but there’s such a void in the operational side due to how absolutely horrifically structured we are that we’ll need a Manager to plug those gaps. Even Coppell didn’t get involved in it, and look what happened there. History is likely going to repeat itself. 

Let’s not forget that if Pearson goes, it’s not a look at the manager odds and predict who’ll come in and scour the rumours. It’ll also very likely mean Fleming, Euell, and even bigger Rennie probably going too. The latter being an absolute huge cog behind the scenes not just linked to our improved fitness, but again as a leader around the HPC every day. 

They’ll be in for a shock if they think they’ll get a huge name flock to the job and be happy to work under the financial constraints in place, with the squad we have, too. Again, unless that’ll just be scrapped for whoever is the newbie.

Nothing at all seems to be adding up to me tbh, outside of it being a personal dislike of him or a more worrying genuine delusion that we should be 1/2/3rd right now just because we’ve actually made some signings in the last two windows. 

I personally now can see Pearson leaving being sped up before Christmas, or a new short term deal being given in January at the earliest if it’d literally be inexcusable not to because we’re top 7/8 or something. I can’t see signings wanting to jump on board when they’re going to be speaking to a manager about the future, and he doesn’t even himself know if he’ll be there from May onwards due to a contract expiry rather than poor results. 

I hope there's a number 3. The Lansdowns asking themselves, what can we do better?

We all know SL's reaction to criticism albeit not direct. This isn't going to end well sadly. Cue a 'my club' type comment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nige gone within a couple of weeks as he's questioned his highness publicly.

How did we get to this? Best Manager in eons as well. 😞

KEEP ON FIGHTING MARTIN AMOS!!

18 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Who said 'no'? Please explain your thinking.

Not having a pop just don't understand why this is even a point for discussion.

Err that's not really how polls work...unless you live in a dictatorship.

Ps..believe it or not, some people may just have differing opinions to you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Absolutely no issues with that at all TR as I said, I was just wondering what their thoughts were?

If we all had the same opinions, it would be pretty boring and this is a discussion forum after all.

Apologies if my question offends, it most certainly wasn't meant to.

KEEP ON FIGHTING MARTIN AMOS

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Absolutely no issues with that at all TR as I said, I was just wondering what their thoughts were?

If we all had the same opinions, it would be pretty boring and this is a discussion forum after all.

Apologies if my question offends, it most certainly wasn't meant to.

I think you will find ExiledAjax put his hands up on the previous page. He has put out many posts today with a slightly anti Pearson tone.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I think you will find ExiledAjax put his hands up on the previous page. He has put out many posts today with a slightly anti Pearson tone.

I've got no issue with differing viewpoints at all Sir G, all have and are more rhan welcome to them. I don't see why we cannot discuss them though. 😀

Edited by Ska Junkie

15 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Err, he was only asking for an explanation as to why someone would vote in a particular way.

It's called debate!

Of course I thought you would vote that way, everytime you come on here It's a negative view.

Didn't see you post on Saturday... oh no, silly me, we won....

Top Robin my ass!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Err, he was only asking for an explanation as to why someone would vote in a particular way.

It's called debate!

Of course I thought you would vote that way, everytime you come on here It's a negative view.

Didn't see you post on Saturday... oh no, silly me, we won....

Top Robin my ass!!!

It's a poll, not a debate

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I know it. There are some strange thought processes on this forum!

I didn’t do the poll, seems like one of my better decisions today!

However for the record I would have negotiated a new contract with the bloke ages ago!

FFS didn’t LJ get a ridiculous extension half way through his contract

Edited by REDOXO

Sorry no sentiment in business, as much as I would love NP to continue the great work he has done and my favourite manager to listen to, with the health problems revealed by NP the other day, no contract could be offered until more is known about its impact on him doing the job. For all those shouting give him a 3 year contract, what happens in a months time if NP was told he cannot continue doing the job by his doctors and needs complete rest at home for an indefinite period? then the results start going wrong and we are facing relegation, we would be caught in limbo, not able to appoint a new manager without possible a massive payoff.

Not to say the club should not be in sort of discussion with him, but of course no one on here knows what has been said or not, only a couple of lines from an interview and we know NP can be quite candid about what he choses to say.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Sorry no sentiment in business, as much as I would love NP to continue the great work he has done and my favourite manager to listen to, with the health problems revealed by NP the other day, no contract could be offered until more is known about its impact on him doing the job. For all those shouting give him a 3 year contract, what happens in a months time if NP was told he cannot continue doing the job by his doctors and needs complete rest at home for an indefinite period? then the results start going wrong and we are facing relegation, we would be caught in limbo, not able to appoint a new manager without possible a massive payoff.

Not to say the club should not be in sort of discussion with him, but of course no one on here knows what has been said or not, only a couple of lines from an interview and we know NP can be quite candid about what he choses to say.

I think it is pretty clear that nothing has been said from above. 

They haven't spoken to the supporters for years, so it's not exactly a stretch to believe that they haven't spoken to a manager that they inexplicably don't like for months.

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I think it is pretty clear that nothing has been said from above. 

They haven't spoken to the supporters for years, so it's not exactly a stretch to believe that they haven't spoken to a manager that they inexplicably don't like for months.

that's a narrative that likes to be peddled, sorry but how can you back up the comment they don't like him for months, just because someone said it on Twitter or here does not make it true!

As someone said earlier in the thread, we know very little of what actually goes on inside the club, but that does not stop many getting hot under the collar on what they think might of happened or been said or not said, sometimes seems like a little kids playground

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

that's a narrative that likes to be peddled, sorry but how can you back up the comment they don't like him for months, just because someone said it on Twitter or here does not make it true!

As someone said earlier in the thread, we know very little of what actually goes on inside the club, but that does not stop many getting hot under the collar on what they think might of happened or been said or not said, sometimes seems like a little kids playground

Wake up. You really don't have to be Sherlock.

15 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Wake up. You really don't have to be Sherlock.

I prefer to look at facts rather than guessing games, gut feel, intuition or Chinese whispers.

Like I said I would want to keep NP, but the health issues are now in the way of offering a contract. If the relationship between NP and SL has broken down, then unless we are in for a change of ownership then there will only be 1 outcome. If that's the case, none of us know why it has happened, but sure many will have there guessing games, gut feel, intuition and make up the bits to fit the popular agenda.

24 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Without fail ,You get very prickly if anyone dare even whisper any criticism of the Lansdowns don’t you 

Yes My Lord

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I prefer to look at facts rather than guessing games, gut feel, intuition or Chinese whispers.

Like I said I would want to keep NP, but the health issues are now in the way of offering a contract. If the relationship between NP and SL has broken down, then unless we are in for a change of ownership then there will only be 1 outcome. If that's the case, none of us know why it has happened, but sure many will have there guessing games, gut feel, intuition and make up the bits to fit the popular agenda.

Exactly what the board want you to do.

Which is why they don't give you any.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Without fail ,You get very prickly if anyone dare even whisper any criticism of the Lansdowns don’t you 

Yes My Lord

because it always tends to be the same old made nonsense most of the time with people jumping on the bandwagon, without any justification or facts to back it up.

FWITW, I thing SL has done a hell of a lot for the club and think we have been lucky to have him and somethings that get  said on here are cringe worthy. Has he made mistakes, with out a doubt, but most are easy to highlight with hindsight or when you only have a small part of the information leading to those decisions. Am I happy for new owners, not a problem if they are the right ones, do I want to keep NP, without a doubt, but would not give a contract until more is known about his health.

perhaps I am a bit older than some and not so reactionary or easily led

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

because it always tends to be the same old made nonsense most of the time with people jumping on the bandwagon, without any justification or facts to back it up.

FWITW, I thing SL has done a hell of a lot for the club and think we have been lucky to have him and somethings that get  said on here are cringe worthy. Has he made mistakes, with out a doubt, but most are easy to highlight with hindsight or when you only have a small part of the information leading to those decisions. Am I happy for new owners, not a problem if they are the right ones, do I want to keep NP, without a doubt, but would not give a contract until more is known about his health.

perhaps I am a bit older than some and not so reactionary or easily led

I doubt that you are that much older than me. And if you are, and I mean this with absolute respect, you should have the experience and longevity to see what is really going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You simply build clauses into the contract that both sides are happy with.  Typical payouts (there is no standard manager contract) are no longer than 12 months anyway, regardless of contract length, so whilst not something you’d want to “waste” it’s not like you’d be committed to 3 years payout.

Of course, if you can’t agree, no contract is offered, and you decide how and when you are going to part ways, sometime between now and June 30th 2024.

For me, his health shouldn’t really feature in whether you offer him a contract or not….if you are, then it’s because you want him to stay and you then work on mutually agreeing the right clauses.  That’s the right treatment for both sides imho.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You simply build clauses into the contract that both sides are happy with.  Typical payouts (there is no standard manager contract) are no longer than 12 months anyway, regardless of contract length, so whilst not something you’d want to “waste” it’s not like you’d be committed to 3 years payout.

Of course, if you can’t agree, no contract is offered, and you decide how and when you are going to part ways, sometime between now and June 30th 2024.

For me, his health shouldn’t really feature in whether you offer him a contract or not….if you are, then it’s because you want him to stay and you then work on mutually agreeing the right clauses.  That’s the right treatment for both sides imho.

Or you wait until more is known, its not like a player who's value is running down, although of course you run the risk of an offer from elsewhere, I do agree that both parties should be talking, even if just to say talks will be put on hold for a month or so. But perhaps there is more to it as to why SL does not want to engage, but like everyone else on here have no clue why that may be the case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Also believe there are 2 sides to ever story, so maybe a lot more to it

I respect that. 

But when the same side comes out from the same people in multiple stories, you surely have to wonder whether it is a true story.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Or you wait until more is known, its not like a player who's value is running down, although of course you run the risk of an offer from elsewhere, I do agree that both parties should be talking, even if just to say talks will be put on hold for a month or so. But perhaps there is more to it as to why SL does not want to engage, but like everyone else on here have no clue why that may be the case.

Agree too….communication seems to be lacking all round doesn’t it?