IGNORED

Gary O'Neil and Bournemouth

So- here's the thing.

We sold Scott for £25million and may get an uplift in the future.

Imagine how a Birmingham fan feels about Bellingham. They got something around £30 million in total.

He's now probably in the top three players in the world and worth , who knows, £175 million? More? ( Unbelievable match winning performance v Barca today 13 goal in 14, 3 assists)

Clubs like us and Birmingham have no chance- it doesn't matter whether they go to Borussia or Bournemouth... the fact is they go and our clubs generally aren't particularly clever with the money. Their uplift seems to have been mainly spent on getting rid of Eustace for Rooney. Working out well?

Pah.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So- here's the thing.

We sold Scott for £25million and may get an uplift in the future.

Imagine how a Birmingham fan feels about Bellingham. They got something around £30 million in total.

He's now probably in the top three players in the world and worth , who knows, £175 million? More? ( Unbelievable match winning performance v Barca today 13 goal in 14, 3 assists)

Clubs like us and Birmingham have no chance- it doesn't matter whether they go to Borussia or Bournemouth... the fact is they go and our clubs generally aren't particularly clever with the money. Their uplift seems to have been mainly spent on getting rid of Eustace for Rooney. Working out well?

Pah.

Birmingham will have received another huge payment when he moved from Dortmund to Madrid!

• Like 2

Birmingham also stand to benefit reportedly from a percentage of the add-ons for Bellingham. Unsure id that is usual.

A lot of the Bellingham profit helped them to stay up and avoid a 2nd FFP breach/maybe more. Was £25m the sale price iirc. Possibly the sell on also helps them FFP wise.

Eustace out, Rooney in looks a suspect call but if they can capitalise commercially that will help them to spend more on the team and it could benefit them in future.

Just now, frenchred said:

Birmingham will have received another huge payment when he moved from Dortmund to Madrid!

According to the press they totalled £30m

If you have a copy of the receipt, please post it on here.

Perhaps they got more but who cares- the point I made is equally valid. Birmingham are only above us in the table courtesy of the alphabet.

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t get why BT isn’t being questioned. I loved him as a player but I don’t understand his appointment. We also know from the past he has the ear of the owner….

I think it would be interesting to know the club structure and reporting lines.

There have been a few posts on here from people who don’t make stuff up, suggesting Tins has been shit-stirring.  So maybe there should be some scrutiny of his “Plan with Scott / Plan without”…because it didn’t materialise.

Things do not appear to be aligned.

26 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

According to the press they totalled £30m

If you have a copy of the receipt, please post it on here.

Perhaps they got more but who cares- the point I made is equally valid. Birmingham are only above us in the table courtesy of the alphabet.

Ahh that bastion of truth, the British press!

11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

MOTD producers must have worked hard to edit out all of Jonathan Pearce’s Bristol City mentions today, he must have had a field day. 

With 4 of our ex players playing and one not making the squad, surely the most ever in a Premier league game

I watched the highlights with interest last night, as I read someone on here say Scott was MOM. I can honestly say they never showed Scott kick the ball once, unless I missed it.

9 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I watched the highlights with interest last night, as I read someone on here say Scott was MOM. I can honestly say they never showed Scott kick the ball once, unless I missed it.

That’s the trouble with highlights. He did get one mention for a pass during a passage of play though.

8 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Yeah, crap highlights.

Read the Bournemouth forum and the Alex Scott thread (last few pages) to get a feeling of how he is doing.

On 29/10/2023 at 09:48, A Horse With No Name said:

Here you go.

• Thanks 1