IGNORED

What is everyone's manager choice if/when Nige leaves?

MrRedRobin

5 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Football management is a desperate business, we are a huge pool to those looking for championship jobs.

You are assuming that the club is an attractive proposition.  How many managers do you think are willing to work under the restrictions placed on them by the hierarchy?

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Revitalised Red said:

You are assuming that the club is an attractive proposition.  How many managers do you think are willing to work under the restrictions placed on them by the hierarchy?

I recon tons would be, I also don’t think the restrictions are as much as an issue now, partly due to the good work of NP,

6 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

I recon tons would be, I also don’t think the restrictions are as much as an issue now, partly due to the good work of NP,

And this is where our opinions differ (apart from the good work done by NP).  I just don’t think that the funds and freedom to run the club a decent manager would want would be offered.

Thing is if Lansdown gets rid of Nige then everything is on the line.

As much as i love what Pearson has done and want him to stay  most fans are only interested in results.

If someone came in and immediately got results a lot would soon forget.

Now i know the chances of that are slim to nil but we know how mad the OWNER  is.

Anyway should be an above atmosphere Wednesday and we show our true support for Pearson.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I’d definitely try and get Nigel Pearson, he’d be freshly available.

That could be a masterstroke... Sack Nige Wednesday morning. Then announce Nige as new manager on the pitch before kick off. The atmosphere would be unique.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrRedRobin said:

Like many others I am of the firm belief I want Nigel to stay but with all that's going on at the moment it seems inevitable Nige will be gone soon.

Heard a lot of names thrown around just hoping It won't be someone like Rowett would like Eustace if Nige were to leave.

Cannot  even begin to understand someone who wants Nigel to stay, starting a post to see who people want to replace him. A great shame to see posts like these from our own supporters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, bpexile said:

I understand the reasoning behind your post but I would prefer it to be about when SL leaves :pray:.

My answer would then be - Anyone that loves the game/that knows the game & would employ NP & his team to finish the job they've started so well :thumbsup:

I’d happily take someone with zero football knowledge if they admitted as much and employed, as CEO, someone who did.

52 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Welcome btw 

It was a flying visit though.

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if it was Lee Johnson.

The good news is that is highly unlikely, SL felt hugely let down by LJ.

• Like 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Eustace is a good shout, 

It would be interesting to hear why you say that @Simon bristol

Screenshot_20231024_015336_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 hours ago, Gabriella said:

Come on don’t be pathetic.

Eustace.

Missed by myself, but picked up by other admin 

Worth reminding people that if you are banned but register under a new name, that account and all IP addresses previously used get booted out too 

4 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

.... just wondering who people would like as manager when the inevitable happens

Why is it inevitable? 

The latest rumours are almost identical to those saying NP was getting the boot for being pissed 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

Like many others I am of the firm belief I want Nigel to stay but with all that's going on at the moment it seems inevitable Nige will be gone soon.

Heard a lot of names thrown around just hoping It won't be someone like Rowett would like Eustace if Nige were to leave.

If the Lansdownes dispose of Nigel I will be taking a rather long holiday away from "Steve's Club" - even at the expense of probably confusing my dear grandson!

A somewhat ridiculous question bearing in mind the clear & strong support for Nigel from our supporters - topic now ignored.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 3

I really don't follow the wider EFL enough to give a name, but whoever it is needs:

1. To be willing to work with the squad we have and play to their strengths;

2. To be someone who has a better chance of delivering success than Pearson; and

3. To be available to us.

If there's no one like that out there then they need to stick with Pearson until there is, however unlikely it is that he'll get us promoted. They've got until the end of the season.

Pearson leaving doesn't have to be the end of the world, it doesn't have to be a crisis. Look at the last managerial changes at Brighton or Brentford (or even Leicester when Pearson left) - I know the rebuttal will be "those clubs are far better run than us", and the changes were under different circumstances, and I agree with that - but their fans must have felt like the good times were over when Smith and Potter left...well look now.

I don't expect something similar to happen here, and I know many of the people who desperately want Pearson to stay won't either, but I've got a little hope.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1