IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

It seems clear to me they were concerned (bizarrely when you read the rest of this sentence!) that we might pick up points against sheff wed and qpr which would then make sacking him difficult. 

With the injuries recently, our league position and the complete lack of any fans calling for his head (think back to when LJ survived all sorts of fan pressure) it is an absurd decision.  

• Like 1

When are a lot of you going to wake up, we are and never will go anywhere under sl and jl,  if you  are ok with bottom end of championship or top 8 of league 1 then ok. Because that is  all you may get,  No team has gone up paying peanuts for wages and transfers . And just because he has paid tax bills, built a stadium , going to build a basket ball arena, hotel, car park, new houses in long ashton for his benefit not ours,  dose not mean he can run a football club successfully, and think about all the transfer fees he has took in and spent **** all...On the plus side i won £500 on bet that both us and gas manager sacked with in 1 week of each other....oh plus alot of cider from a gas head in our local last night.....and how come alot of city fans who came back  yesterday already know he was gone... NOT HAPPY, MY/ OUR CLUB.. WHEN HE FECKS OF TO THE THE CHANNEL ISLANDS WITH HIS BILLIONS WE MAY WILL STILL BE HERE. NOT JUST HIS CLUB OURS AS WELL ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry said:

**** the board

Sure it appears somewhere but here’s the EP version https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-bristol-city-sacked-8867004?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking_daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

I have supported  BCFC for more than 60 years and this is up there as one of the worst decisions I have witnessed. I am totally dismayed, angered and bemused, Nigel Pearson was the answer not the problem.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

Absolutely uninspired football for three years, always minimal possession and chances, poor win rate, tedious in the extreme to watch and nothing to show for it. Plus miserable and rude interviews. Why on earth is anyone sorry to see the back of that? 

Either employed by the club or a dirty sag. Either way just **** off you ***.

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

35 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

This is the fans punishment for daring to sing his name last Wednesday !!

Tbf it was the smallest effort of singing for him - couple of minutes at the start and even less near the end (that I could hear at least).

Ground full of fans singing his name it certainly wasn’t 

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

A physio at the club, tweeted then deleted. Maybe he should concentrate on his job rather than celebrate NP being sacked?

IMG_9407.jpeg

Not a great look for any professional is it. Although, must be said, kind of intriguing to see a different viewpoint coming from some people within the club.

Supported the club,  for 67 years. So sad Nigel has gone.   Terrible decision, Lansdown sell up get your money back , and refill your pot. You should have never brought a football club if you weren’t prepared to loose money.

Lansdown. My Arse,   Harry Dolman. Was a proper owner .

I’ll be back when your gone.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

No, he isn't and wasn't. 

The loans physio was Nick Fulton. 

Fair enough. I thought Pearson mocking that role may have pissed some people off, including Tinnion. Don’t forget Tinnion was loans manager and was a big fan of the loan strategy 

Absolutely gutted. A saddening and cowardly decision. Wrong person(s) gone. 

Nige did amazing with the resources available, imagine what could have been with a properly back board...how can they say; "...give the club the best possible chance of success" when he had nothing!? Awful and deflating.

Let's see what happens next, but this one hurts.

• Like 3

Personally think NP done a class job

What I’ve never been able to understand is the relentless injuries (12 out at mo)

And the fact we sell the likes of Kelly 17 million, Semeyno 13 million and Scott 25 million and very little given to NP to bring in players. 

I understand the club were in debt but no longer. 

And surely if NP would have been given 15 million to bring in a top finisher keeper and centre back we all wouldn’t have been having these conversations today. 

Truly gutted but that’s Bristol City 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

Absolutely uninspired football for three years, always minimal possession and chances, poor win rate, tedious in the extreme to watch and nothing to show for it. Plus miserable and rude interviews. Why on earth is anyone sorry to see the back of that? 

Evening Steve

• Haha 9

21 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

I've seen a handful of comments like this over the last few years (mainly from Mark 'not allowed within 100 yards of a school' Carter). It makes no sense to me at all.

Firstly, have you been watching a different team to the rest of us? For the most part, we've been a relatively high scoring team who have been lacking defensively under Pearson. We have not been remotely "uninspiring" or "tedious" - we've played with passion and commitment, and generally been involved in high scoring games.

Secondly, even if we have been "uninspiring" (which we haven't), is that more important to you than the club moving in the right direction? The club Pearson inherited was a complete mess both on and off the pitch. We barely looked competitive under Holden. When you're trying to turn around a sinking ship with a tiny budget, aesthetics and excitement probably shouldn't be your primary concern.

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 6
  • Flames 4

4 minutes ago, red ponty said:

No team has gone up paying peanuts for wages and transfers .

Well this is nonsense - the reason we are in a financial black hole is we massively overpaid on transfers and salaries ie Kalas, Palmer, HNM, Wells etc.
The only reason we can’t reinvest now is to avoid a points deduction for doing exactly this!

Would say im shocked.  But im not. 

Would say it's a scandal. It is  

This is a disgrace. We have a clown as an owner. One that cares more about his ego then the club. He has set Pearson up to fail because he doesn't like him. 

It's a disgrace. We need to make our feelings clear to these little dictators.

He needs to sell up. A total narcissistic clown. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 6

Just had a look on twitter to gauge the mood there and not just on OTIB - fair to say it's 100's if not 1000's of near 99% universal support of Pearson and disagreement of the club from both City fans and other football fans alike. 

EDIT - Same on Instagram - so much so that the club's social media team have (re)posted 3 away kit posts to try and push the NP leaving post out the lime light...

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Put very simply

THE WORST FOOTBALL DECISION MADE BY ANYONE ATTHIS CLUB IN AT LEAST 50 YEARS

Complete Clowns

Aw bless.

Just one reason then, why this is a bad footballing decision?

Is it the scintillating football?

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who sat around me, didn't like pearson's football.

You?

• Facepalm 13

Just now, Chivs said:

Aw bless.

Just one reason then, why this is a bad footballing decision?

Is it the scintillating football?

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who sat around me, didn't like pearson's football.

You?

The fact that I’d have to explain to you says it all really

Another wonderboy fan weren’t you IIRC

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

For me, it’s the timing of the decision that makes this worst. The decision has been made after back to back defeats with a squad that’s hanging on a shoe string.

In the circumstances, the performance have still been of a good standard, particularly when one was against high flying Ipswich.

We’re just about to go into 2 games against teams in and around the relegation zone. Had Nige been in charge, we would have been expected to have won these games.

It feels as though the board have decided to get rid of Nige before an upturn in form and it really makes me question the motives of the board.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

For me, it’s the timing of the decision that makes this worst. The decision has been made after back to back defeats with a squad that’s hanging on a shoe string.

In the circumstances, the performance have still been of a good standard, particularly when one was against high flying Ipswich.

We’re just about to go into 2 games against teams in and around the relegation zone. Had Nige been in charge, we would have been expected to have won these games.

It feels as though the board have decided to get rid of Nige before an upturn in form and it really makes me question the motives of the board.

Agree with that entirely. Too add, I am now much less confident about those two matches. Who knows how the players react.

• Like 1