IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Plymouth home, hull away, Swansea away, first half vs stoke, second half vs Ipswich, Millwall away….all awful were they? Deary me

Two of the games you mention we lost. 😁

You forgot 3 minutes against Coventry where we played well. Deary me. 

21 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Aw bless.

Just one reason then, why this is a bad footballing decision?

Is it the scintillating football?

The results?

The style of play?

The yes men, old crocks?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who sat around me, didn't like pearson's football.

You?

Where do you sit?

Really interested to know.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_8897.thumb.jpeg.649d8d0c102e9edf56803cf98c01890b.jpeg

FFS.

They probably think we’ll get an east 6 points and it will be justified.

1) do they know the championship?

2) do they know how many players we have fit?

😡😡😡

it seems so horribly obvious they just wanted him out regardless. The gutless way they have gone about it makes it worse.

We'll no doubt get all the usual bullshit about a top class field of applicants again and then see Tinnion made manager.

so utterly demoralising

• Like 3

Quite possibly the worst decision in the club's recent history?   Only one Nepo fool should be leaving?  Our Chairman needs to get on a slow boat to the West Indies, and never bother coming back?  A disgraceful stain on our club's history, that will take a gargantuan effort to recover from.   "The Lunatics have taken over the Asylum" ?

Unless they have a well thought out forwardly progressive plan( Most Unlikely given previous debacles?) to replace NP with a experienced and  talented coach, who will be given funds to improve our decimated squad. .............  Rather than the normal procedure     ............... which is a Default kneejerk panic, (Holden anyone?) with no idea what to do next?........then the Lansdowns will become a laughing stock? ....who will continue to be intensely disliked by our fanbase. 

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

Well that’s this, and probably another five seasons buggered.

All the best , to Nigel Pearson, for the future, you have been the best, and most professional of Managers we have had in Bristol since Alan Dicks.

We , as it always seems, are going nowhere 

Seriously passed off, and wish I hadn’t bought my QPR ticket earlier this week 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Christ there have been some dire times at this club in the 30 years I have been watching (appreciate others have done so for much longer and through much tougher i.e. early eighties) but at least in my time I don't recall a moment I have ever felt more disillusioned or detached from the club than hearing this news. We knew it might be coming but part of me didn't want to believe the Lansdown's would be so ridiculous.

This is not a footballing decision however they dress this up. We've been competitive in all of the games we've played this season and anyone who spends any amount of time watching can see what is developing. I'm one of those people who finds it quite awkward to be outright dismissive of SL given the investment he has made in the club, but at this point he is no better than all the other lunatics or overseas owners.

This is a scandalous decision which appears to be at odds with the vast majority of supporters - in which case he clearly no longer cares about who he represents, so perhaps it's time to sell up and move on.

Thank you Ole superb post. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Where do you sit?

Really interested to know.

South Stand. 

Still waiting for the football reason. 

Although a couple have mentioned they are happy with the football due to the cards Pearson has been dealt. 

I disagree but that's fine. 

I thought people were upset due to the football... my bad. 

• Confused 1

Unbelievable decision. I cannot find any reasoning behind it. Surely the club would have been a lot more investable with a world class manager on board. Therefore, it doesn’t even align with the nest egg conspiracy theories.

There simply has to be more to this that we know, because it makes absolutely no sense based on the facts that we know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HitchinRed said:

Unbelievable decision. I cannot find any reasoning behind it. Surely the club would have been a lot more investable with a world class manager on board. Therefore, it doesn’t even align with the nest egg conspiracy theories.

There simply has to be more to this that we know, because it makes absolutely no sense based on the facts that we know.

It's personal.

• Like 2

@JerrySLO please can you ask the powers that be to confirm where I can return three away tickets for QPR please?

Absolutely disgusted with this decision and time for Lansdown to sell up and get out of OUR club. And yes it is OUR club not Lansdown's because without attending supporters the club SL legally owns would not exist. 

59 minutes ago, Redcurrant said:

Absolutely uninspired football for three years, always minimal possession and chances, poor win rate, tedious in the extreme to watch and nothing to show for it. Plus miserable and rude interviews. Why on earth is anyone sorry to see the back of that? 

What did you expect "for it" given the slashing of wages, cuts, shopping in L1 and 2, number of academy rookies playing in first X1, etc?

• Like 3

Very disappointed with Nigel's departure. I trusted him and I enjoyed watching the team play. 

Now it has sunk in, I am wondering who is responsible for all the injuries in training? We find ourselves again reliant on the academy. Should Pearson and Rennie be taking any blame for that?  

I hope there is a better plan, but doubt it.

Going back to the beginning, I was shocked and delighted that we appointed Nige. Shocked because he is straight-talking and doesn't suffer fools gladly, which made him an odd choice for our owner, with his neurotic god-complex and lack of social skills. Delighted because we finally had a manger with a proven track record, a top flight pedigree and a strong will.

I was surprised that Nige wasn't able to get the team defensively cohesive earlier than he did, and that we had that run of poor results a year ago, but across the piece, with an impossible remit, Nige achieved progress season on season and a good FA Cup run.

He's revamped the whole club, for better or for worse (you decide), and we have a small, budget squad of motivated players, many with a good future ahead of them. But we never had a team for success in the here and now. We didn't have the budget for success, or the luck.

In a way, Nige has been backed. He got his say with the coaching overhaul. He was very grateful that  we payed off the contracts of players that were dead wood and potentially a distraction. He was given a contract despite the difficult few months after Holden's dismissal, and kept in situ despite his long covid struggles and poor form last year when fans were very mixed about him.

I suppose the cracks became clear a few months ago when Lansdown did one of his many weird interviews, and when given an opportunity to praise Nige, declined to so, made a negative comment about them not seeing eye to eye, and then, bizarrely, praising Mark Robins. With both Gould and Alexander leaving quicksharp, we had further evidence of a dysfunctional backroom. And then the silence and refusal to spend any Scott money was for many of us lot the finals straw.

Nige didn't stand a chance.

We can point to Nigel's comments about his irritation regards a lack of contract discussions as another sign of trouble, but if anything, Nige hasn't been outspoken enough. In contrast to our opinion of himself as brutally straight-talking, I think he was overly diplomatic. He refused to be drawn on the Scott money having shown slight annoyance on the day it was done. In fact he was very philosophical about the limited budget and affirmed that he was happy with his squad. He didn't blame injuries and always maintained that he was content with his lot. He didn't flag any issue with things behind the scenes. He didn't go out fighting. He left with courteous resignation. 

I feel especially bad because he has health issues to worry about and now this, but he's always spoken like a man that has worked on managing his outlook, and should be capable of putting this behind him. He's seen it all before and knows the game, with all it's nonsense.

Has Rennie been booted out too because he is considered to be part of the injury problem?

So, I'm disappointed. I'm not going to stop supporting the club because Lansdown would in some strange way win. 

Good luck with your future Nige!!

Also, good luck to Curtis as long as it lasts. He's a bloody gentleman and loves the work he does with our club.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2