IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I don't know about that but City's run of 16 home games without a win (which Pearson was in charge of for the majority) takes some beating

Seeing as we won away games during that period, the longest losing run definitely trumps that.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

This feels like quite a significant moment for the fanbase in some ways.

I don’t know, it’s like we’ve all collectively finally decided we’ve had enough of being amateur and underperforming… and are demanding better. From the owners, not the manager. 

Hope that we’re able to successfully channel this, longer term, into the start of something.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

This feels like quite a significant moment for the fanbase in some ways.

I don’t know, it’s like we’ve all collectively finally decided we’ve had enough of being amateur and underperforming… and are demanding better. From the owners, not the manager. 

Hope that we’re able to successfully channel this, longer term, into the start of something.

Pearson showed what it is like having actual decent professional football people in the building

• Like 6
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pearson showed what it is like having actual decent professional football people in the building

I also just think it’s totally shown the Lansdowns up.

I never really bought the anti-Lansdown stuff at all. Just didn’t really believe it, to be honest. Or, maybe didn’t think they were perfect, but didn’t see how we could blame them for our strikers being crap etc.

But now that this has happened, it’s thrown everything in the past into the question as well. And now I’m thinking, the signs were always there…

I don’t have anything personally against SL. And it’s clearly not been all-bad. But ultimately it’s been 25 years of failure on the pitch, and I think we need change.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Shell-shocked to see this news in Oz this morning.

I just hope Nige had the opportunity to explain to SL & JL what clueless ****s they both are.

Good luck where ever you go next Nige :clap: :thumbsup:

I meant to add that it will be interesting to see if "The Clueless" make finances available for the new man.

Despite what Jr says in article, it must surely  of been a falling out and nige telling them to go **** themselves, then city offer to pay him off provided they can save face by twisting the story. 

I mean I just dont see anyway that anyone ever would actually sack the man giving all circumstances. You wouldn't find a resident of a mental hospital that would think it the right thing to do. 

They’clearly want a ‘head coach’ rather than a manager. Someone who knows their place.

I’ve always defended Steve Lansdown. No longer. Pearson was our best manager since Alan Dicks. Just think what Nige could achieve with City if he was I. The job for fourteen years or so!

6 minutes ago, glastored said:

They’clearly want a ‘head coach’ rather than a manager. Someone who knows their place.

I’ve always defended Steve Lansdown. No longer. Pearson was our best manager since Alan Dicks. Just think what Nige could achieve with City if he was I. The job for fourteen years or so!

Yeh that 32% win rate over 3 years was amazing 

• Robin 1
  • Facepalm 5

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I think it was gonna take time, longer than the “3 years to get us in a position”….”position” being the word, not necessarily “promoted”.  Getting around the a) play-offs, b) in the play-offs, and then c) promoted are different levels.  And it is getting from a to c that i thought might take too long, hence a succession plan replacement to give us the final shove.

Based on what we have seen this season I felt if we had a almost fit squad, we'd be in the play offs right now. I felt as if this season the team had taken a step forward in terms of work ethic. Maybe if he was giving 2-3 million more to spend in the summer then we may have a few more available fit players and therefore maybe we would have got some better results. 

I don't think Pearson was anywhere near deserving of being sacked. 

Someone who Lansdown admires Mark Robins, has 1 win in 11 for Coventry having spent 25 million this season. 

Pearson has every right to feel hard done by.

This is very much a non footballing decision and everything to do with personalities. 

They have been waiting for some bad results so they can pull the trigger. 100% they have someone lined up.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Didnt SL say something like he didn't care if we got relegated, LJ was still the man for him.

I'm sure you're right and just goes to show that the bloke is clueless about football.

Get him on rugby,  and well  now you're talking. Still remember his let's be happy for the bears success quote, yeah great.

I fell for his bullshit, like a lot of us. No more.

On football, Pearson knows his onions, SL knows jack shit.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Not a sudden decision - CEO. Leaves suddenly, Pearson not allowed to spend  any of the transfer pot - he knew the writing was on the wall and we have seen it before, not the first manager shafted by our owners and probably won’t be the last - a well run entertainment centre but  poor leadership of a football club and lack of loyalty to the fans!

• Like 2