IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

I don’t post very often, but I wanted to add my voice to the Lansdown out brigade. NP delivered on the job specification of getting results while reducing costs and utilising academy products. 

It seems like the Lansdowns don’t like someone with a strong personality, seemingly confusing the qualities needed for a football manager with those desired of a life partner.

I’ve always been reluctant to call for SL to sell, but he’s overseen failure on the pitch and it’s time for someone to take us in to the next level. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

I thought sacking Barton after a home draw with Stevenage was crazy, but sacking Pearson after losing at Cardiff with only half a fit team is utter madness.

Has something in the water affected the owners of the football clubs in Bristol. They both seem to have misread the fans. 

Lansdown jnr. or snr. will have to produce a stunning appointment to overcome this one. 

Lose at home next week and Ashton Gate will become toxic 

Next week, of course, we are home to Sheffield Wednesday, bottom of the table with just a single win (today) all season, so a perfect introduction for a new manager.

Of course, I am sure NP would have welcomed this match, plus the following Saturday away to QPR, to try realistically for six points prior to the next international break, when some of his injured players might have been expected to return.

Instead, this 'golden opportunity' will no doubt be a tempting invitation to the next incumbent, who can take all the praise.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RedM said:

This is embarrassing and will send shockwaves around the football world. No one with any sense will touch us with a bargepole. Nigel was well respected by most and people will remember how he has been treated by the club, not the fans. 

Seriously? It will probably be a topic of conversation on some Championship clubs' message boards.

38 minutes ago, Latcher said:

Seriously? It will probably be a topic of conversation on some Championship clubs' message boards.

I meant amongst Nigel's peers and colleagues, employees and friends at other clubs rather than fans. He is very respected by most, other than our Board. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry but this is disgusting from Lansdown. The man is a hopeless leader of a football club. He took 10 years to work out you needed infrastructure ahead of the shiny toys like a aging donkey David James. Now he sacks Pearson. And installs his dribbling nepo baby son as Chairman.

Edit: no wonder that Gould chap walked the plank. 

Edited by Chairman Mao

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm sure you're right and just goes to show that the bloke is clueless about football.

Get him on rugby,  and well  now you're talking. Still remember his let's be happy for the bears success quote, yeah great.

I fell for his bullshit, like a lot of us. No more.

On football, Pearson knows his onions, SL knows jack shit.

Lansdown lost me with his ‘ it’s my club’ interview. The mask slipped and he revealed his true feelings towards the fans. It is not his club but the club of generations of loyal, long suffering people who have invested their hard earned money, their emotions and their time through thin and thinner. Lansdown is an arrogant man who just so happens to have hit the jackpot financially which allowed him to become the temporary guardian of BCFC. 
We don’t know what has gone on behind the scenes with him and Pearson but I know whom I have confidence in and he doesn’t live in the Channel Islands . 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 4

6 hours ago, zippycar said:

They were no doubt physic, as Sara (she called herself Sarah before Bananarama) and Keren  were both Bristol girls from Bromley Heath and so perhaps it was even in the air back in 1987. That said, when I knew them they were only interested in David Essex and not in football, so who knows?

Remember them in the pub in Downend way back in the day - lovely girls.

i was as mad as everyone else yesterday, didnt post my thoughts as everything had already been said, however, today im feeling if i was Nigel Pearson,id be glad to be out of it now,he can relax and sort his health out,(hopefully still living round here).

he deserved much more than he got from those above him who have treated him like a c***. good luck nige,best weve had for a long time

• Like 2

What a shocking decision, disgraceful. Nige has rebuilt this club, made us more professional on and off the pitch, massively cut the wage bill whilst stabilising the club. Brought through some excellent kids and nurtured them into real talents. 

What an absolute joke of a club. I am embarrassed to be a City fan. Sorry, Nige.

• Like 4

I’ve been quiet/busy and not posted a lot for probably the length of Pearson’s tenure, but that likely says a lot about how content I was with his management of the club - I felt the playing side was in good hands, even at the low points, and frankly relished watching us hold our own with large numbers of young, homegrown players or relatively unknown players making up the squad.

Now? I’m worried. After the weird end to LJ’s time here and the straight nightmare that was Holden’s tenure I thought there is no way we’ll get a quality appointment now; we look like a basket case. Falling arse backwards into Pearson was our saving grace, but now I’m pretty certain we have no plan.

And that is the kicker; anyone in their right mind could see promotion was and could never be the goal with the constraints Pearson had - unless there was some major factor everyone watching the on pitch product was blind to, and had somehow evaded the media completely, we don’t have the playing resources to seriously sustain a playoff or top two run, so if the bar Pearson didn’t meet was that target, and with a team mainly of youth he had blooded and essentially hand-reared to be first teamers, then gods help whoever comes in next as unless they get a war chest the likes of which I simply don’t believe we can muster, they are on a hiding to nothing.

Faith is very much broken in the ownership - this feels like an inflection point tbh; very much like when we were a championship last, when we gave McInnes no support, then expected SO’D to make bacon butties out of pig shit - neither gaffer inspired me, but both were stuck with a sticky wicket - and we all know where that took us.

Ownership need to make the appointment of their lives now. Problem is; I think they already had, and they didn’t know it.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Robin101 said:

This feels like quite a significant moment for the fanbase in some ways.

I don’t know, it’s like we’ve all collectively finally decided we’ve had enough of being amateur and underperforming… and are demanding better. From the owners, not the manager. 

Hope that we’re able to successfully channel this, longer term, into the start of something.

It really is, as others have said I've never seen us all so united over this.

Many other fans here reached this point a while ago, but my head and all respect has gone now. The owners have not got a clue and we need someone new in. Everything about this decision absolutely stinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

Wouldn't want to look at that man's name on "his" stand anymore..Mr L you can keep next year's season ticket.

Agreed. You watch ST sales drop next season. This sacking is on a different level.
A lot of hatred incoming to Lansdown. Gonna be very toxic at AG if City lose next 2 games which is quite possible,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

I'm sorry but this is disgusting from Lansdown. The man is a hopeless leader of a football club. He took 10 years to work out you needed infrastructure ahead of the shiny toys like a aging donkey David James. Now he sacks Pearson. And installs his dribbling nepo baby son as Chairman.

Edit: no wonder that Gould chap walked the plank. 

Tbh the stadium plan was first announced late 2007. Not wholly his fault that bit..

Other areas fair point albeit new Training Ground related stuff was also mentioned in late 2007, I don't know what form that would have taken however- probably not a lot like the current HPC.

He will be missed, it was nice to have an experienced manager for a change!!! 
I think he has gone for 1 reason

- the club want a coach not manager, he was needed to restructure the club but now he has done that they want to revert to type

He never got the Scott money, was clearly decided at that point he wasn’t wanted long term. Very harshly treated but this industry is like that unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Kimpton said:

He will be missed, it was nice to have an experienced manager for a change!!! 
I think he has gone for 1 reason

- the club want a coach not manager, he was needed to restructure the club but now he has done that they want to revert to type

He never got the Scott money, was clearly decided at that point he wasn’t wanted long term. Very harshly treated but this industry is like that unfortunately.

Disagree, it’s because they didn’t like Nige telling them the truth!

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Disagree, it’s because they didn’t like Nige telling them the truth!

The thing is did he give it to them before the Scott sale, I thought it only kicked off when he realised they weren’t going to reinvest. I think what happened is Pearson expected some ££££ after the sale and then suddenly the board pulled the plug….then Pearson started moaning and kicking off. They clearly thought at that point save the money for the next manager very very harsh on him.

20 hours ago, George Rs said:

Sat here speechless. How such a successful business man can continue to make such awful decisions stuns me. 

Because his fragile little ego won't allow for someone who has beliefs and will stand up for everyone at the club against those above. Nigel always has and always will speak his mind and give people some home truths. I guarantee Nigel has done that and the man can't take it.