IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I agree but this is basically a possible theory. Man City did it with Hughes, PPG so it's not unheard of.

I'm not comparing a sovereign wealth backed club pre FFP just saying it's a nonsense.

yes it's totally unrealistic, as someone else said, he was set up to fail.

I just hope everybody remembers their words today.

Football fans are fickle and if Mr Yes Man comes in tomorrow and we win a couple too many upset now will change their tune and suddenly be ‘maybe it was the right decision’.

Any success between now and season end will be down to the attitudes Nigel has drilled into this side and only partially down to the successor.

I will certainly remember come 24/25 renewal time as for first time in years I am done. Not knee-jerk, just final, absolute acceptance that as long as Lansdown is here there will never be enough funds made available to achieve top 6 again and I have wasted thousands already on that impossible dream 😞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I backed you ante-post because of Pearson. He's the SEVENTEENTH EFL manager to be sacked this season and we're a third of the way through.

I have never seen such a negative response to a manager being dismissed. I can't believe Mr Lansdown anticipated such a reaction.

I'm not happy either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I could understand is if there is a deal ready to go for investment in the club. Anything other than that then I think that the Lansdown regime is killing the club and they really have lost the plot altogether.

The statement says that results are the issue. They’ve got loads out through injury, a team full of academy youngsters, Nige has had no money to spend and yet they are expecting promotion? Seriously? Promotion? They can’t even be in the same universe as everyone else if they honestly believe we should be top of the league? 

I love this club, but unless the sacking is due to some big sale to a serious investor then I’m done.

We were lucky to have such a superb calibre of manager as Nigel Pearson who worked under ludicrous constraints but who never complained publicly. Had he been given money to spend I believe that we would have eventually reached the Premier League. I really fear that we will be plunged back into another shambles and this time there really would be nowhere to hide for the Lansdown’s.

Seriously gutted by this ridiculous decision. Dumbfounded.

• Like 19

Absolutely dreadful decision. Who knows exactly the reasons why but it can't be due to his health as why would Euell and Rennie both out as well.

Maybe he was still smarting from not been given a bigger slice of the Scott money and Nige being Nige didn't mince his words in voicing his disappointment which I suspect didn't go down too well with the owner.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

An absolute joke, I dread to think who’ll they’ll try and bring in. Someone who’s good for SL’s ego, not Bristol City Football Club no doubt.

The key skill for a manager as far as Steve is concerned is to say how great the Lansdowns are on a weekly basis.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Get out of our club you useless ******* *****, Lansdowns. 

The fact they’ve said they expected promotion sums it all up. Sell the Crown Jewels, give 10% of the budget of the sales to reinvest, blood youngsters, turn a profit, get promoted. Absolute insanity.

Kalifa Cisse interim coach when he hasn’t coached for 2 years. That ******* sums it up as well

It’s laughable, all of it. I’m absolutely disgusted. Bewildering. 

• Like 1

An unbelievable decision, taken by people who are are incompetent and have minimal knowledge of football. Nigel Pearson has been treated terribly and undermined in an orchestrated manner. There is a reason BCFC have never been in the Premier League, and that reason is the Lansdown family. The cub needs to change ownership, not manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Absolutely dreadful decision. Who knows exactly the reasons why but it can't be due to his health as why would Euell and Rennie both out as well.

Maybe he was still smarting from not been given a bigger slice of the Scott money and Nige being Nige didn't mince his words in voicing his disappointment which I suspect didn't go down too well with the owner.

Because they are Pearsons men and therefore have a spine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

I'm half expecting Lee Johnson to walk back into the club.

If that happens I'm done.

The fact that Johnson was allowed to manage for four and a half years yet somebody who actually knows what they're doing is gone in just over half that time says something.

Nigel Pearson really seemed a good fit for Bristol City.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had a few ciders so will go carefully with what I say , sl has just proven that it’s his club and he’ll do what he wants, **** the fans , this has got to be the stupidest decision he’s ever made and he’s made a few , thanks to nige for all what he’s done for the club, sl should be internally grateful to nige but I bet he doesn’t understand what a great job he’s done sorting out sl monumental **** up of running His club 

• Like 3