IGNORED

Check NP Twitter...

Tomo

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I'm certain you are right..........  So great to see such an outpouring of love and appreciation towards such a genuinely talented nice guy on X (twitter), the lansdowns have treated NP appallingly , they don't like the fact that he is NOT a Yes Man? 

its so ******* pathetic. 

• Like 1

Crazy decision to let him go. I've only ever wanted a City team to win and win well, for the first time ever today I find myself hoping NP gets a new Championship job, then whatever team he manages, they do a total number on us so he can stick two fat fingers up to our shambles of a board. 

As a club, we really are being driven backwards 😑

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Could always see that the board did not want the club to be premier league. Now it looks like they don't even eant us to be in the championship and Nige was the only one keeping us there.  A proper manager and probably the best we have had in years.  He would have got us promotion had he been supported by the board.  

Rarely have I seen a set off football fans so incensed by a decision to sack their manager and rarely have I seen a manager who despite being unable to achieve a lot with his hands tied behind his back has got the fans backing in such a big way.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Sounds like he may settle in the area in view that he adores the mendips etc...

It won't happen, but I wouldn't blame him if he took the Rovers job...😫

If I was him I'd be tempted, just to "stick it to" the Lansdowns

However, I'm sure he respects our fanbase more than doing something like that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Street red said:

City fans is it just me or does this not feel right at all? Just wasn't the right time to sack him I'm absolutely gutted.

Can you remember a manager of any club ever being sacked with so much of the fanbase still in support?

That recent poll on his contract extension saw only 4% say he didn't deserve an extension of some sort - I'd imagine even fewer would have wanted him actually sacked and just meant they were happy for it to expire at the end of the season.

It's absolutely baffling the timing of this, especially if no one is lined up

• Like 1

I feel gutted reading that and I don't even support you. Such a shame for you, you can tell from the outside he was building something.

Hope he gets his health sorted and enjoys whatever he does next. Would love him back at LCFC in a Director of Football type role but I can imagine him taking time out and enjoying his time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I rather enjoyed the fact there is no mention of “The Lansdown Family” and I REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoyed the fact he said “the training ground” and no talk of the HPC nonsense. 
Well done Nige.  Cap doffed. 

Indeed Harry just thought the same reading it! A classy response from Nige but also some well due digs at the hierarchy and it’s associated bullshit. He will be well regarded and remembered I am sure. 

• Like 1

I’ve supported City since the late 50s and have seen quite a few managers come and go. In those 60 + years there has never been such a universal negative reaction to a managerial sacking. Numerous others have said the same thing, but what planet is SL living on? 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’ve supported City since the late 50s and have seen quite a few managers come and go. In those 60 + years there has never been such a universal negative reaction to a managerial sacking. Numerous others have said the same thing, but what planet is SL living on? 

Guernsey I.e. planet out-of-touch!

As for where JL should go? As far away as possible from any footballing matters to with BCFC.

7 hours ago, Dredd said:

What? No big thanks to the owners for all their support and how lucky we are to have such men in charge with amazing facilities blah blah blah? They've got away lightly

They always do - sign here that you won’t discuss internal matters specifically related to your board dealings and you can have your cheque.

Gutless compromise agreements ruin freedom of speech